A simple way to play positional NIFTY....!

linkon7

linkon mera jawab to dijiye

can u tell how to use this afl in amibroker
wt stepts to take
thxxx in advance
open formula editor in amibroker...from the analysis menu
copy paste this afl and save it into custom folder....
and run the afl....

i hope this helps....

ps : if u can detail the problem u r facing...maybe, it'll be easier to address...

Thanks a lot for this simple technique, however this is for a day trader watching the screen all day.
1. Which EMA's would you advise for medium term holdings? Office goers who can trade once a day (say few minutes before market close).

2. Risk/Efforts-Reward ratio is not very attractive. 1 lot a day and 15 days to add another position?
How about gradually increasing the position by each lot when it favours our position? Managing the risk by trailing protective options and changing positions at crossover point. Which EMA's might be more suitable for position trading with decent qty (starting with 100 to 500~1000 as long as its winning?

Appreciate your comments.

linkon7

Thanks a lot for this simple technique, however this is for a day trader watching the screen all day.
1. Which EMA's would you advise for medium term holdings? Office goers who can trade once a day (say few minutes before market close).

2. Risk/Efforts-Reward ratio is not very attractive. 1 lot a day and 15 days to add another position?
How about gradually increasing the position by each lot when it favours our position? Managing the risk by trailing protective options and changing positions at crossover point. Which EMA's might be more suitable for position trading with decent qty (starting with 100 to 500~1000 as long as its winning?

Appreciate your comments.

For office goers, I think, its best to avoid nifty and play delivery or go for swing trade. for swing trades, 1 hr / 30 min chart gives a good view with 5 ema and 13 ema makes sense.

Trust me, the risk reward ratio is very attractive. Since we are playing the major trend, if it takes 15 days for a cross over, then we are going to earn a lot.

Normally, when the trend is weak, then the 1030 min tends to be flat and result in plenty of whipsaws. Thats the worry factor of this strategy. Normally we use OTM options for hedging our positions for the next day and that too for protection against major gap up / down.

Hai Brother

I am also using the same technique but my settings is some what different

i am using SMA(10) EMA(30)

I will go long if SMA(10) is above EMA(30)
I will go short if SMA(10) is above EMA(30)

I am using this for both intraday and swing trading It's accuracy is above 80%

I am using only yahoo chart

Before market opening i will use 5day chart for knowing the support and resistance for that day .. If suppose SMA(10) is above EMA(30) in the previous day closing i will take previous day high as a resistance and low as a support..

Reverse for short position..

After market opening i will use 1day chart in yahoo for intraday trading.. But for the first 1 hour this chart (1day chart) is not updating properly.. If anybody knows how to get 10 min charts in yahoo..

If u are a intraday trader then use 1day chart or if u are a swing trader then use weekly (5day chart) and 1month chart

I am trading in mininifty yahoo is delayed by some 15 min so i am missing some points due to this..i have tested this for 2 weeks and i have started trading in previous week..in the previous week itself i have earned around 150 points

Every day i will take 2-3 trades my target is 25points per trade and my stop loss is 30 points if i reach that 25point and also trend is in favour then i will change my stoploss by adding 25pts to my previous stoploss

I am not a full time trader so i am missing some points if u are a full time trader then i assure u this technique will help u a lot

Here is the yahoo chart for friday nifty.. I have marked my trading in that chart.. Sine i am a software professional i am not able to enter in all situations..

Give your kind suggestions..

Have a successful Trading :thumb:

hey how do you plot a 10 minute chart on yahoo or we gotta use metastock or amibroker?
how many days back to back have tested this method? With gap ups and gap downs being so unpredictable and also out of the money puts/calls opening weirdly or negative on a flat day,,also in the first 15 minutes as you say is not the final to confirm whether we are having a positive or a negative closing,,,so if it flat u suggest to square off the calls/puts and wait for the cross overs to happen? Its a bit Vague,, its sounds good,, but when do u book profits? i am sure booking profits in very individualistic,,but then too have u urself worked on a plan of profit booking or that matter even loss booking once u have closed in ur puts/calls or even longs/shorts in the 1st 15 minutes,,, any data u for the number of days u have tried this ?

sibumajumdar

Hai Brother

I am also using the same technique but my settings is some what different

i am using SMA(10) EMA(30)

I will go long if SMA(10) is above EMA(30)
I will go short if SMA(10) is above EMA(30)

I am using this for both intraday and swing trading It's accuracy is above 80%

I am using only yahoo chart

Before market opening i will use 5day chart for knowing the support and resistance for that day .. If suppose SMA(10) is above EMA(30) in the previous day closing i will take previous day high as a resistance and low as a support..

Reverse for short position..

After market opening i will use 1day chart in yahoo for intraday trading.. But for the first 1 hour this chart (1day chart) is not updating properly.. If anybody knows how to get 10 min charts in yahoo..

If u are a intraday trader then use 1day chart or if u are a swing trader then use weekly (5day chart) and 1month chart

I am trading in mininifty yahoo is delayed by some 15 min so i am missing some points due to this..i have tested this for 2 weeks and i have started trading in previous week..in the previous week itself i have earned around 150 points

Every day i will take 2-3 trades my target is 25points per trade and my stop loss is 30 points if i reach that 25point and also trend is in favour then i will change my stoploss by adding 25pts to my previous stoploss

I am not a full time trader so i am missing some points if u are a full time trader then i assure u this technique will help u a lot

Here is the yahoo chart for friday nifty.. I have marked my trading in that chart.. Sine i am a software professional i am not able to enter in all situations..

Give your kind suggestions..

Have a successful Trading :thumb:
Dear Surenther,

Thanks for sharing ur well tested strategy

sibumajumdar

Dear Linkon,

U deserve appreciation for starting this thread which generated lot of useful post like from Surenther.SS. I have learned many things from U & U only introduced me to this Forum. Now I request u to show me the path of where from to start if i want to learn TA specially for nifty trading. In TJ lot of threads r there. Will U or any seniors or enlightened/experienced TJ members help me in this direction. I shall be thankful. Thank U & ALL in advance. Happy Trade.