A plunge in Indian Stock market

sspms2002

A small hint : In the liquid scrips, the 15 min candle usually does not stray from VWAP(4 periods) for more than 1 candle.
Hi Timepass..I read the above sentence many times, but could not understand it..can you eloborate if you have some time...?

Hi Timepass..I read the above sentence many times, but could not understand it..can you eloborate if you have some time...?
Which software are you using for charting ?? Does it show VWAP (volume weighted average price) ??

sspms2002

Which software are you using for charting ?? Does it show VWAP (volume weighted average price) ??
I am using Interactive Brokers..its software is TWS...i have not tried finding VWAP on it of now..

I am using Interactive Brokers..its software is TWS...i have not tried finding VWAP on it of now..
Then you should have ATP (average traded price) as an indicator. Or there may be a variation of VWAP. Ask their customer care about it. Ask them how to plot VWAP(4) on 15 min.

sspms2002

Then you should have ATP (average traded price) as an indicator. Or there may be a variation of VWAP. Ask their customer care about it. Ask them how to plot VWAP(4) on 15 min.
Thanks. Sure i will try to find out more on it from them.

sspms2002

I could not trade today as i have to go early to ofc for work...I just saw that stocks gave good move today...hope it happens tomorrow too...

sspms2002

A bad bad day for me...I really am feeling very bad about my trading today...

I heard some news from fellow traders yesterday that they made huge money in MASTEK yesterday and their PF increased a lot.., and i was in frame to trade MASTEK , and was basically LONG even before i opened my terminal...in my mind..

I started looking at stocks around 10...and saw MASTEK up and trading at 349...I watched it a bit and it rose to 357-358 and i though it is also heading for a good move as yesterday (when traders were saying it hit Upper circuit)..

i bough 400 at 358..and after going to 359..it started selling a bit..i was in a mind to hold it even if it goes a little against me...

It went passed my entry price..and started trading at 354..i was little scared....but as it was to be...it started fall further and i had to close the trade in deep red...at 352...

After that i felt pathetic and did one or 2 negative trades....

Stocks Traded: MASTEK
P&L :Red 2601 after commissions:mad:

At the end i again bought 300 shares of MASTEK at 329 to hold it for overnight...Lets see how much loss it gives tomorrow..

But i realized that i am still not comfortable with 400 default size with big and fast movers .

I think i would like to play simulation for a day or 2 to have some confidence back.

But i realized that i am still not comfortable with 400 default size with big and fast movers .

I think i would like to play simulation for a day or 2 to have some confidence back.
Maybe try 4 lots of 100 each.

sspms2002

Today was again a tough day mainly because of the Over night position i held in MASTEK.

As market open , MASTEK opened at at 330..my buy was at 329...it started a little slide...and i wanted to exit it around 330...in that hope i played its downside to 325...as it got held there... i just waited for a little more time to exit and it gave another down move...i had to exit at 322...a loss of around 2800 in just 5 minutes of open....(i also took one more position after exit and that too gave loss)

I was seriously dent with that loss.. and didnot wanted to play...I kept watching...

Saw ITC strong even though the market was down a lot..so i took a LONG position..i saw a profit of 400+ but i didn't booked it as i wanted the stock to make a good move...neverthless it started down...i exited it with a loss of 400..and didn't saw that stock there after....but as i saw that later..it gave a very very good down move from there on.....

I then later got some good profits to cover up my losses...
One big profit came in HAVELLS when i was Long 400 shares and got 2400 in one trade...

Another trade where i made some Rs 1000 in GATI , i was Long 200 shares..
Felt a little relieved at the end...

But i think these kind of days make or break a trader...I though have been just doing clean up after initial losses...

Stocks Traded: many
P&L : Red 10 after commissions :mad:

sspms2002

Today was a slow day for me from trading perspective..I was not in mood to trade much after my losses in last few days and was actually thinking of playing simulation..

But i did a few random trades with low size and at the end it was flat.

Stocks Traded: ITC , TVS Motors
P&L : Green 26 after commissions:D

I though have an open overnight position in TVS MOTORS , iam Long 400 shares at 256...Open profit was around 800 , lets see how it opens tomorrow..