A lady's intuition and predicting explosive moves

I once asked a lady how come ladies are always able to spot if someone is ogling at them. She reflected on my question a bit, and then told me that perhaps their mind just gets trained on spotting a binary situation: Does something feel right or wrong?

IMO training our mind's neural network on a binary situation is much easier than training our mind on a qualitative situation.

Similarly, I "feel" that our minds can be trained to predict an explosive move (will happen or won't happen) in a day-trading context.

I am more of a discretionary guy who is impressed by Livermore's, Wyckoff's, Darvas' ability to intuit such stock moves. So this topic will mainly appeal to those who value "intuition".

So, does anyone else here think like this? If yes, we could engage on the topic..

Romeo1998

earlier when i was manually trading i used to also tell my cousins where to buy n where to take profit or loss...... most of my female cousins made more money than me bcoz they perfectly followed my instructions :DD i used to become emotional n took early profit or didnt took small loss n took big loss..... but now with automation such things dont happen :DD
so yes, female is better at managing emotion :DD n man is better at logical thinking :DD so trading decisions must be taken by men, but trade must be managed by women :DD that is formula for a success in a stock market :DD n if person not marry then take help from computer with automation :DD

Thx Romeo. I believe even men can develop intuition. I am myself working on developing such a method (in business strategy context).

To me, Intuition = Pattern recognition OR Connecting the dots

Now my question is: What causes explosive moves? And how can such moves be intuited?

For example, below is such a move in Bajaj Fin on 19 Nov 2021 at around 1:25 pm.

Screenshot 2021-01-17 at 4.33.22 PM.png

This move gave more than 1:6

sridhga

I once asked a lady how come ladies are always able to spot if someone is ogling at them. ..
Girls of a certain age are biologically(mentally) programmed to be conscious in observing who is getting attracted to them. This also drives them to be more look conscious.

Now, coming to your question on those explosive moves, some companies tend to move in explosive way. Further look at the volume at the time you pointed. When somebody is offloading, the candles had to fall so steeply since the buyers for such volumes can come by only at stop loss points.

Last edited:
Thx Romeo. I believe even men can develop intuition. I am myself working on developing such a method (in business strategy context).

To me, Intuition = Pattern recognition OR Connecting the dots

Now my question is: What causes explosive moves? And how can such moves be intuited?

For example, below is such a move in Bajaj Fin on 19 Nov 2021 at around 1:25 pm.

View attachment 45258

This move gave more than 1:6
You have similar setup as marked by you on 18 starting from 10.30, that would have been a losing trade.

You have similar setup as marked by you on 18 starting from 10.30, that would have been a losing trade.
Thanks for the good observation.

Actually my point is not about the LH, LL set up. These are just labels for my own note-taking. I would typically look at confluence of other factors too (such as sectoral trend, S, R, etc).

My point is about: What causes sudden explosive moves? Are clues for such moves observable beforehand? Can one train one's intuition to spot such?

primitivetrader

What causes sudden explosive moves? Are clues for such moves observable beforehand?
yes, it possible to find such explosive moves beforehand. learn Wyckoff

Can one train one's intuition to spot such?
yes, you can train your intuitions to spot such moves.in discretionary trading, it's all about judging market price its own action. but r u willing to grind (physically, mentally & emotionally)yourself for 3-5 years to develop and hone your skills (for day trading)? if not, forget about it.

What causes sudden explosive moves? Are clues for such moves observable beforehand?
yes, it possible to find such explosive moves beforehand. learn Wyckoff

Can one train one's intuition to spot such?
yes, you can train your intuitions to spot such moves.in discretionary trading, it's all about judging market price its own action. but r u willing to grind (physically, mentally & emotionally)yourself for 3-5 years to develop and hone your skills (for day trading)? if not, forget about it.
Thx Wyckoff is one of my main inspirations too.

An observation: Earlier traders (such as JL, Wyckoff, even Darvas) used to emphasise Tape reading and Intuition. But in past 30-40 years, people talk more about systems and process. It seems intuition has taken a back seat. It seems like everything is becoming process-ized from Pizza to Consulting to Trading.

Last edited:

mohan.sic

Thx Wyckoff is one of my main inspirations too.

An observation: Earlier traders (such as JL, Wyckoff, even Darvas) used to emphasise Tape reading and Intuition. But in past 30-40 years, people talk more about systems and process. It seems intuition has taken a back seat. It seems like everything is becoming process-ized from Pizza to Consulting to Trading.
See this Livermoore, wyckoff etc all this stuff.....You people already formed a opinion that there is some treasure inside and keep engaging in job of investing time in search of that. You will spend years of time but may never find it useful. Even then many will still live in a illusion that they are not able to locate it but never may realize that there is no real value hidden. Atleast useless in current trading era.

Be Progressive in trading and go with current flow be it methods or tech. Or stick to simple investing and basic TA.
Not these outdated theories of pre computer era.

BTW on the point of explosive moves in intraday - Its not possible to locate. No chance. Simple pattern analysis like breakout's can be of great use to identify and jump into the flow, but if you want to read the current before the event thats not possible neither logical to attempt.

Last edited:
See this Livermoore, wyckoff etc all this stuff.....You people already formed a opinion that there is some treasure inside and keep engaging in job of investing time in search of that. You will spend years of time but may never find it useful. Even then many will still live in a illusion that they are not able to locate it but never may realize that there is no real value hidden. Atleast useless in current trading era.

Be Progressive in trading and go with current flow be it methods or tech. Or stick to simple investing and basic TA.
Not these outdated theories of pre computer era.

BTW on the point of explosive moves in intraday - Its not possible to locate. No chance. Simple pattern analysis like breakout's can be of great use to identify and jump into the flow, but if you want to read the current before the event thats not possible neither logical to attempt.
Thanks for your views. I don't agree with your views and would like to retain my views for now. Why? Because reasons behind your views are not clear to me

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rajsumi121 Trading Psychology 59
A Equities 0