A Bird's eye view to a Bull's eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilman5

Hallo Tnsn2345
11. Special occasions, windfall opportunities is it trading?
12. The Report card
13. Reward yourself
14. Trading portfolio models
Since u comeback, before u vanish ...........i shall request u again to write on pt 12 and pt 14 atleast.....................I know u r extremely busy.......but only can on this 2 ,with authentication
Regards to Tnsn2345

tnsn2345

Hallo Tnsn2345
11. Special occasions, windfall opportunities – is it trading?
12. The Report card
13. Reward yourself
Since u comeback, before u vanish ...........i shall request u again to write on pt 12 and pt 14 atleast.....................I know u r extremely busy.......but only can on this 2 ,with authentication
Regards to Tnsn2345
Dear Oilman,

Good to see you.

As rightly highlighted by you on point 12 (The report card) and 14 (Trading portfolio models), you would have observed my post earlier to yours (giving a link of my post in Trader's Den thread) where I precisely want to address what you want in point 12 and 14. It would be much easier to demonstrate live trades, portfolio management (trading portfolio models) and performance & evaluation parameters (the report card). And if we have more veteran traders participating in this virtual game we will have a comparison / reference of how things measure up vis-a-vis the optimum scenario.

I hope we will be able to work out some model for this game and I invite you to be one of the participants.

Dear Friends,

There is one more point (#9) which has not caught readers eyeballs and which IMO is of paramount importance, especially for traders and members who just can't resist being here all the times, or trying most of the things/ new things, trying to learn or explore new things most of the time..DO NOT LEARN !!! Yes to be precise...DO NOT KEEP LEARNING...

Regards,

9. Do not learn !
10. Practice defeat !
11. Special occasions, windfall opportunities – is it trading?
12. The Report card
13. Reward yourself

oilman5

Dear tnsn2345,
thanks for ur return. Many of ur fan deserve the view from u regarding report card concept.Portfolio model may be 1] distribution technique to various style.
2] Model works on which condition
3] howmuch distribution on discreationary basis,
4] When to switch from sector orientation
5] how to maintain clarity in portfolio model
6] expected absolute return
..................................................................................Since u traded , definitely have ur report card ..........so development of u- the trader,....how much helped by ur report card.............may kindly be told.
The experience of u only/ any mentor u have may be added.
traders den.........i have seen.
But i want , its ur thread............u should be the KING, LONG live KING
regards

ranger123

Sir, we want to see your different portfolio and how you is managing it. You has to show us here only how you doing it for the benifit of all fellows here.

Thank you and best of luck.

tnsn2345

Dear Friends,

I have been here in the past few days and could catch up with some of the posts / threads from my favorites, AW, ST, Linkon, Dan and Anurag (Raunak, anyways is missing).

Frankly, I couldn't muster the courage to finsh the task left pending on this thread as I seldomly got enough time from my schedule as well as couldn't link-up the thought process midway from where I left.

I propose to post here or on some other thread, the other part of our discussion (hopefully) or comment on other discussions/threads in the future, maybe with a lesser frequency than earlier.

This I think is the best way (atleast for me) to be here and post my thoughts, least I am not Salman / his Dabaang statement - mein ne ek bar committment kardi to kardi, fir mein apne aap ki bhi nahi sunta.....(as such too such statements are injurious to the financial health of a trader). It is in the interest of a trader to be flexible - another trait of a successful trader. So it applies to me and you all too :)

Regards,

tnsn2345

Dear Friends,

One of the topics of this thread was Portfolio model. Portfolio model simply means asset allocation, in other words allocating different amounts of money to different assets. This is done with the objective of managing risk.

This is a typical risk return grid, where most of us have learnt to tread in the green zone and the red zone is a 'prohibited area' since it is said that it does not exist.

'Returns - High/ Moderate/ Low' is relative and so is Risk. But do we have products, methods, systems, strategies to increase the relativity of Returns and decrease relativity of Risk by using trading instruments available to us.

Yes.

And this is what I would like to show in a model portfolio. Almost all of the traders here, I feel are short term/intraday traders with TF varying from 5 -10 min to 2 - 3 days max, I also would like to show a fully options based multi TF, multi objective, mutli payoff trading portfolio meeting the TFs what traders here prefer.

For longer TF portfolio 3 months, 6 months and beyond, it is based on stocks without leverage. And this would be out of the perview for us here as the TF would be large for us all to monitor and comment.

Will initiate this activity very soon...(special regards and thanks to Dan for his provocation)....

Regards,

MurAtt

Hi tnsn (does it mean - The Never Say Never)

BUT .. a LONG TERM portfolio view too is necessary and I think YOU should go ahead with that too.

Why ?

Because ...

1. THAT is where the returns come from. The terms Ten-Bagger and Jackpot is from these Long Term investments. eg. B F Utilities from 16 to 2600+, Infy from 1500-3500+, Bata from 90 to 600+, Tital from 800 to 4K+, Bajaj Auto, SBIN and many more ...

2. Lesser risk than the shorter and medium term investments, gives more time to cos to show results and returns ..

and lastly BUT not least ..

3. Ensure health and longevity

Status
Not open for further replies.