20% ROI per month on captial above 1 Cr possible?

marimuthu13

Its not only important as when to take trade but when not to take trade...How to filter the days automatically in the system when its non-trending...It would save most and will increase the profitability....

@marimuthu13 is here trying to remove this by scanning the trending stock.......but since you are the system man tell me how have you overcome this in a TA way in Nifty?
Yes ..if we trade single instrument, trading it in ORB is difficult during sideways movement , most or all of profit earned will be given back..

OK

Few questions about execution / rules

For 15 Minutes ORB, the opening range is defined at 9:30

1) Assuming no buffer or rounding is being done.

2) Will the entry be immediately on the next tick above/below the 9:15 - 9:30 range
or you will be using a specific time frame (1,2,3,5 Min) and entry is based on close for this TF.

3) As your entry uses SL-Limit order, filling in of order is not assured

4) In the above scenario do we let the order sit and get filled on a pull back, or cancel and take-up another scrip

Thanks

TracerBullet

Its not only important as when to take trade but when not to take trade...How to filter the days automatically in the system when its non-trending...It would save most and will increase the profitability....

@marimuthu13 is here trying to remove this by scanning the trending stock.......but since you are the system man tell me how have you overcome this in a TA way in Nifty?
I trade stocks.
Nifty system is in test mode and i have not given it as much time. Its working decently but plenty of scope to improve and maybe add more systems in combination as trades are less.
There is no way to filter out all sideways moves and no way to predict. I think every market/timeframe/system will probably have its own set of conditions that can work and for me using brain and experience to come up with ideas is what has worked.
What i do in general is first test and understand how the market behaves ( momentum/ mean reversion), ex - after a big move, and then try to refine the edge. For Nifty, momentum continuation is the basic property. Beyond that would be telling ...

marimuthu13

OK

2) Will the entry be immediately on the next tick above/below the 9:15 - 9:30 range
or you will be using a specific time frame (1,2,3,5 Min) and entry is based on close for this TF.

4) In the above scenario do we let the order sit and get filled on a pull back, or cancel and take-up another scrip

Thanks
1. No buffer or filter.
2..we just buy /sell above high and low...next tick prize...
3. Orders 100% get filled...
4. If price goes above without filing our sl limit price , wait for pullback..if tgt price is achieved without our order fill, then cancel..till then just wait for price pullback...it will rarely happen..i haven't faced it so far...

marimuthu13

OK

Thanks
Order filling or not filling doubts... take out any stocks in randomly , random days, move to 1 min tf, check whether price coming back to 15 min range after braking range...

Today live example.
Take power grid...buy order placed at 163.50..because orb high is 163.45..
Price crossed 163.50, went upto 165+ but didn't met target price , but came down to 163.25, after that went to target...

Attachments

marimuthu13

OK

Thanks
Finally one person taking right direction ...thanks happy bhai..

marimuthu13

on high momentum days, order placed will get filled partially. How it will be handled?
Ji..i am saying price will come back to ORB range , so no question about partial filing...

By chance , our order qty is 100, order filled only 30, then place target order for 30 only...but keep balance 70 qty pending until 30 qty filled at target price...

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Ji..i am saying price will come back to ORB range , so no question about partial filing...

By chance , our order qty is 100, order filled only 30, then place target order for 30 only...but keep balance 70 qty pending until 30 qty filled at target price...
I was asking because sometimes when I see breakout even my small test qty order of 10-20 doesn't get filled up unless I change it to market order.