15 min. Breakout - tradingisfishing

newtrader101

Using random F&O stock selection, I paper trader for first 15 days of feb month, amazing profit, then i traded with real money for next 15 days and result were pathetic.

Analysed what went wrong, it just happened that for first 15 days, many stocks gave amazing moves, and last 15 days no major moves but volatile to hit stops.

Question is , was it just timing or stock selection is really important?
Others who traded this strategy, please share your experience.

still wondering how TragingIsFishing applied this strategy smooth like butter. but vanished with many unanswered questions.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.
It was not smooth like butter. There were quite a few heavy loss days. But he stuck to his plan.

MSN1979

For any ORB methods, stock selection is key along with consistancy...

Whatever method you are employed to select stocks, you have to backtest it for atleast 12 months...

Also fixing up SL and target also a major role... If you are going with conventional method of exit at 3.15 pm, placing SL at other end of High/Low wont yield much returns

I know a trader who trades in a similar way, his stocks and my stock match 75% of the time. We discuss on telegram every morning what stocks we picked and compare our results later during the day. In long run ( Span of 1 month, if you take trades as per system without missing any day) according to him results will be same ( atleast that;s what the log book is showing). The only difference between his and my trading is, I trail SL and he squares up at 3:15.

The results difference is in 0.1% max.

MSN1979

It was not smooth like butter. There were quite a few heavy loss days. But he stuck to his plan.
Yes bro I can vouch for this, When SL loss hits the confidence gets shaken. I was in similar position earlier. My SL got hit in all stocks for 4 days. I was questioning my method of stock selection, but some how manage to pass that difficult time.

Its easy to stick to a plan but where do you put a stop if its not working. can we go on for 6 months just to know its not working.

what is required is some insight from person who has used this strategy for years and gone through all phases of market cycle.

I thought TIF is one who has years of experience using this strategy, atleast it shows from his confidence level.
Still wondering what was his motive of doing it. he created new ID, followed it diligently for 6 months.

newtrader101

Its easy to stick to a plan but where do you put a stop if its not working. can we go on for 6 months just to know its not working.

what is required is some insight from person who has used this strategy for years and gone through all phases of market cycle.

I thought TIF is one who has years of experience using this strategy, atleast it shows from his confidence level.
Still wondering what was his motive of doing it. he created new ID, followed it diligently for 6 months.
Maybe just to inspire...

marimuthu13

Very easy..have a plan for stock selection, then backtest it for random 12 months..or atleast for the period of July 18 to Dec'18

If it is yieliding good result then back test it for more time period