100% sure shot buy call

so fundamentals are not sound. traders, apply cautions on this trade.
so now that fundamentals are not sound...... can somebody come up with the technical chart/report ... on our national circket team?!?!?!?!?:D

Jokes apart ---- its a CHAK DE India!! call from us to the Indian Cricket Team.:)

biyasc

so now that fundamentals are not sound...... can somebody come up with the technical chart/report ... on our national circket team?!?!?!?!?:D

Jokes apart ---- its a CHAK DE India!! call from us to the Indian Cricket Team.:)
YES ZEEKID, "CHAK DE INDIA". INDIA WILL WIN THE 20-20 WORLD CUP CHAMPIONSHIP. HOPE FOR THE BEST.

H

hari09omkar

samajhe janaab !!!!
NA!
When a person rides a motorbike he is sure of reaching his dsestination, but that does not stophim from using a helmet.
NA AGAIN.HE IS NOT 100% SURE OF HIS JOURNEY TO BE A SAFE JOURNEY. HE KNOWS THERE CAN BE ACCIDENTAL EVENT IN THE JOURNEY,SO HE IS PROTECTING HIMSELF WITH A HELMET.HIS IRRATIONAL MIND IS NOT READY TO ACCEPT THE UNCERTAINTY OF LIFE,BUT HIS BRAIN TRIUMPHS OVER HIS MIND AND ACCEPT THAT IF THERE IS ANYTHING 100% OR 1000% 'SURE' HERE IN THIS MUNDANE WORLD,IT IS -"DEATH" ONLY."JATASE DHRUBO MRITYU".NOTHING ELSE IS SURE HERE.
A person takes a trade after being 100% sure to hit the target but uses the SL nevertheless.
THIS IS THE MOST WRONG STATEMENT.Why? Let's see in the coming posts.....
NOTE: Dear rkkarnani,please don't think that I'm trying to put you down.Its just an arguement and take it sportingly.

H

hari09omkar

A person takes a trade after being 100% sure to hit the target but uses the SL nevertheless!!!!
Sir,I hope you understand what is a "trading system" and what is "backtesting".
While preapring a system,one has to put in the exit strategies.These exits may be losses,or winners.
Now you put your system in the language of the software which it understands.
Your next task is do a backtesting.Why?
Bcz by backtesting you can make out that how much successful a system was in the past.
If a trader sees that his system has been X% successful,after discounting the losers,he will be sure of X% that his trades will be successful.
Now when he is 100% sure that his trades will be successful,that means what? That means,his system is indicating him that it has been 100% successful in all the trades.Means zero "drawdown".Means his exits are all winners.Means no stoploss(initial,not trailing).I'm still search of a 100% winning system.Did you find out? Congrats.Now.....

H

hari09omkar

A person takes a trade after being 100% sure to hit the target but uses the SL nevertheless!!!!
Again I will be giving examples of Larry Williams,the legendary trader.Why? Bcz he is a real trader,not just an academician who only preaches and writes books and never trades.
What has he said in this regard,is 180 degree opposite of what you said,is very inspiriational to the trader community as a whole.Let's read:

"I believe the trade I'm in right now will be a loser.

This is my most powerful belief and asset as a trader. Most would be wannabes are certain they will make a killing on their next trade. These folks have been to some 'Pump 'em up, plastic coat their lives' motivational meeting where they were told to think positive thoughts. They took lessons in affirming their future would be great. They believe their next trade will be a winner.

Not me! I believe at the bottom of my core it will be a loser. I ask you this question - who will have their stops in and take right action, me or the fellow pumped up on an irrational belief he's figured out the market? Who will plunge, the positive affirmer or me?

If you have not figured that one out - I'll tell you; I will succeed simply because I am under no delusion that I will win. Accordingly, my action will be that of an impeccable warrior. I will protect myself in all fashion, at all times - I will not become run away with hope and unreality."

LARRY WILLIAMS.
Hope this will clear your doubts.

Last edited by a moderator:

biyasc

While preapring a system,one has to put in the exit strategies.These exits may be losses,or winners.
Bcz by backtesting you can make out that how much successful a system was in the past.
If a trader sees that his system has been X% successful,after discounting the losers,he will be sure of X% that his trades will be successful.
Now when he is 100% sure that his trades will be successful,that means what? That means,his system is indicating him that it has been 100% successful in all the trades.Means zero "drawdown".Means his exits are all winners.Means no stoploss(initial,not trailing).I'm still search of a 100% winning system.Did you find out? Congrats.Now.....

NICE EXPLANATION HORI.

rkkarnani

Again I will be giving examples of Larry Williams,the legendary trader.Why? Bcz he is a real trader,not just an academician who only preaches and writes books and never trades.
What has he said in this regard,is 180 degree opposite of what you said,is very inspiriational to the trader community as a whole.Let's read:

"I believe the trade I'm in right now will be a loser.

This is my most powerful belief and asset as a trader. Most would be wannabes are certain they will make a killing on their next trade. These folks have been to some 'Pump 'em up, plastic coat their lives' motivational meeting where they were told to think positive thoughts. They took lessons in affirming their future would be great. They believe their next trade will be a winner.

Not me! I believe at the bottom of my core it will be a loser. I ask you this question - who will have their stops in and take right action, me or the fellow pumped up on an irrational belief he's figured out the market? Who will plunge, the positive affirmer or me?

If you have not figured that one out - I'll tell you; I will succeed simply because I am under no delusion that I will win. Accordingly, my action will be that of an impeccable warrior. I will protect myself in all fashion, at all times - I will not become run away with hope and unreality."

LARRY WILLIAMS.
Hope this will clear your doubts.
Even greatest of the great err!!!! May be Larry for once did!!!
OR
Maybe we interpret him wrongly.
I am too small a fry to contradict him... BUT
I still believe, and also practise : When I enter a trade I 1000% believe the trade to go in my direction, but I still use the SL 100% of the times.
AND
I strongly have this fiath that I am DOING THE RIGHT THING !!!!
I have no doubts at all as far as belief or SL are concerned.
Thanks very much for your input.
Regards.
-R K Karnani

More to follow....

Last edited:

rkkarnani

Suppose I put it this way : I backtest my system and find that my ystem was 60% of the time successful, so when I take a trade I should expect the odds of the new trade to be 60% successful,
but as I do not know wheteher this is one of the 40% trade which hit a SL or a part of the 60% trade that hit the target
I expect it 1000% to be a part of the 60% successful trades till I am prooved wrong and in that eventuality I already have the SL in place.

Thanks
R K Karnani

rkkarnani

Its difficult to prepare a Technical chart as the 'components have changed'.

If four componenets of Nifty 50 are replaced and weight of other components changed the New Nifty cannot be Historiacally checked or compared. If we remove Reliance, Infosys, ONGC etc, and replace them with other Stocks in Nifty, then the OLD and the NEW Nifty values are not historically compareable.
So when in Team India players like Dravid, Ganguly, Tendulkar are replaced and weightage of Dhoni, Yuvaraj, Uthappa increased the NEW TEAM INDIA is not compareable to the previous performance of Team India !!!!!!