1 LAKH Profit in Portfolio !!!

Re: 1 LAKH Profit in Portfoilo !!!

nkpanjiyar said:
Friends, next 1 lakh profit is added today in portfolio. I take this opportunity to thank all of my well wishers et all heartily.

Special thanks to Saint, Amit, Karthik, Supratik, Jaideep, sh50, CV, joy_mitali and ofcourse Traderji for all support, help and encouragement.

May all members achieve much more success.

Thanks & Regards,
nkpanjiyar
Hi NK !!

Many many congratulations..
May u make many more of em..

cheers :)
vizzie

Congrats............!!!!!!!!!!!

may u make many more lakhs

regards

aj.....!!!

AMITBE

nkpanjiyar said:
Friends, next 1 lakh profit is added today in portfolio. I take this opportunity to thank all of my well wishers et all heartily.

Special thanks to Saint, Amit, Karthik, Supratik, Jaideep, sh50, CV, joy_mitali and ofcourse Traderji for all support, help and encouragement.

Thanks & Regards,
nkpanjiyar
Hey NK, as I said then I'm saying now, we are one big family here. One for all and all for one!
Great going and tell us of the next 100000 soon. :)
Cheeeeers!!

Hello members

I just joined with the help of my friend and great advisor Mr Murali.He asked me to visit this site.Very interesting and informative.

Thanks

Devadoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkpanjiyar

Thanks & Regards,
nkpanjiyar

Dear NK

Congrats.

Pl. enlighten us @ u portfolio

good . i use to be invester from 90 till 94. stopped then. now planning to come back. it is nice to hear your part as asmall invester like me.
keep it up
cheers

nkpanjiyar said:
I can understand the curiosity. If you are not watchful it has drastic effect on your profits. As of now it has fallen to 12% approx:mad: . Basically I am having 2 strategy. First, I am keep on adding the stocks which dip by 5%. Secondly, if overall fall is more than 18% I will book all the profits by selling. But I believe, market will give you better returns compare to any other investment strategy if you hold it for long term. Still I am having returns of around 30% overall.

Remember, always have liquid money. Don't put all your earnings into market. Decide your surplus and then trade and invest. Else it won't be market but you will be doing harm to yourself.

Hope this is fine to satisfy your curiosity.

cheers,
nkpanjiyar
NKPanjiyar

First of all , congrats on your feats .. may you make many more lakhs !

I find your strategy interesting... I mean accumulating (maybe even averaging) during corrections (each fall of 5 % etc) ... this makes absolute sense as long as the uptrend resumes after the correction.

Looking at your portfolio, most of the scrips (but not all !) seem to have been in a primary bull trend at least since last 12 mths , so your averaging tactic would surely have boosted (increased) your paper profits

Also, very few of them have had corrections of 18% during the corrections , so you may not have got the triggers to 'book profits' in those cases. Except of course in the May 04 crash... but then you seem to have entered the market after that period ... count yourself lucky!!

So overall -- if I am right --- your corpus (money invested as on date) in the markets would have grown many times over the past 2 yrs (my guess is 3 to 4 times your original investment of a couple of lakhs)

Keep it up ... and let's hope that the uptrend continues indefinitely (at least in the scrips in your portfolio).

AGILENT:cool:
By the way you do not believe at all in hedging (e.g. by buying nifty puts) to safeguard against sudden, sustained corrections

nkpanjiyar said:
I can understand the curiosity. If you are not watchful it has drastic effect on your profits. As of now it has fallen to 12% approx:mad: . Basically I am having 2 strategy. First, I am keep on adding the stocks which dip by 5%. Secondly, if overall fall is more than 18% I will book all the profits by selling. But I believe, market will give you better returns compare to any other investment strategy if you hold it for long term. Still I am having returns of around 30% overall.

Remember, always have liquid money. Don't put all your earnings into market. Decide your surplus and then trade and invest. Else it won't be market but you will be doing harm to yourself.

Hope this is fine to satisfy your curiosity.

cheers,
nkpanjiyar

nkp

Wonder if you read my recent post ... I was trying to understand the risks of your unusual strategy of averaging/accumulating on 5 % dips and exiting on 18 % fall

Hope you give us the benefit of your experience

Just noticed your initial post where u say u enterd in Feb 04 .... Looks like u stayed in IPOs initially and stayed out of secondary market in May 04... am I right ?

Because if you had been in the secondary market then (and particularily if you were unlucky in entering at the minor top of sensex 6000) , your strategy could have been loss making

See attachment : I have done some notional buy/accumulate and sell trades in Sensex based on your 5 % and 18 % triggers ... of course individual scrips in your portfolio may not have exactly moved like sensex, but still ....

Eager to know how you stayed clear of that possible catastrophe .. and also how you plan to protect your portfoio in future against similar falls

Cheers and happy trading
AGILENT:cool: