1 LAKH Profit in Portfolio !!!

Re: 1 LAKH Profit in Portfoilo !!!

karthikmarar said:
NK

Weldone, my friend. Waiting eagarly for your post on your first 10 Lakhs. I am very sure that I will see it soon. Wishing you all the very best..

warm regards

karthik
Thanks a ton Karthik. May your wish comes true. Keep guiding me.

cheers,
nkpanjiyar

baron said:
Congrats...I am sure someone must have mentioned but here goes: add the most important point to the list "to keep the profit", I guess its the most important one as several times I have seen the 1st lakh is the hardest then you start playing bigger to earn faster & better...you multiply the 1 lakh into several in a short span & overtrading begins, ZAP suddenly it all evaporates...

Thing is to set a target achieve it & take a break rethink / replan & get back, cheers;) ;)
Excellent words "to keep the profit". I appreciate it...

Yes we have to Book profits...but the question is timing..

we shudnt book profits coz we hav to :

But they should be booked in either of the following situations:

1. The growth has stopped
2. The macro economy picture is changing
3. The company's fundamentals have changed
4. The market competitors are performing better than them and they are eating away the market or there is an alternative substitute which has been identified for the market segment.
5. YOU NEED THE MONEY coz u have identified a better investment option.

This is again my learning and my thoughts....it can be different for each person.

Its this policy i have been following and it does yielding good returns..

cheers,
nkpanjiyar

ragh_ash said:
hi NKPanjiyar
CONGRATS!
lets hope other members like me also learn and reach same landmark. soon.
regards
Thanks ragh_ash and wish much more success for all members.

cheers,
nkpanjiyar

nkpanjiyar said:
Secondly, lets say that I invested 1 lakh in various companies (say 5/6). And today the invested amount become 1,30,000. Now in the correction if it comes to level of say 1,07,000 (down 23000 by about 17.7% of 1.3 lakh), I will sell everything and get out preserving my capital. I know there will be lot of criticism of this amateur approach but I wont mind. I am happy with my simple rule. I reiterate i am a very conservative investor and not a professional trader or alike.

Hope I had answered your query.

cheers,
nkpanjiyar

NKP
So what if others criticise your amateur approach (as you call it) ... as long as you consistently make profits

But that's the key word... consistently.

From my experience (and I've been in the markets for donkeys' years), just a couple of disastrous phases ... even as brief as a week or two of unexpected turns in the market... can wipe out years of steady profits.

So my friend, count yourself lucky that you did not get caught in the May 04 crash (many of us did) , for that was one correction when your strategy ( accumulate on 5 % dip and EXIT on 18 % dip ) could have been calamitous !

Meantime, let those lakhs roll in ... and dont let minor corrections bother u

AGILENT

By the way , what is your strategy for the bear market, if and when that arrives ( see link ... look for trend between 2000 -2002 in particular ...you had not entered the market then, fortunately) ?http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=%5EBSESN&t=my&l=on&z=l&q=l&c=

Dear Agilent!
Happy to hear from you that you are in the market for a long time.I just looking for some one like you to get an idea about entering market these time.Unfortunately:(,I now thinking I came late in this market.It seems to be on top of mount everest.I want to be full time in market.what is your view?Enter, short in derivatives, or wait for next up or down move?I want to look it on a monthly-quarterly basis!
Thanks

jntrade said:
Dear Agilent!
Happy to hear from you that you are in the market for a long time.I just looking for some one like you to get an idea about entering market these time.Unfortunately:(,I now thinking I came late in this market.It seems to be on top of mount everest.I want to be full time in market.what is your view?Enter, short in derivatives, or wait for next up or down move?I want to look it on a monthly-quarterly basis!
Thanks
JNTrade
Well I believe in a 'bottoms up' approach .. i.e spot individual scrips with some underlying story ( e.g. a turnaround, or sharply better prosepcts) ... which will remain largely immune to market ups and downs

Sorry I cannot predict market trends (Sensex , or Nifty) with a reasonable degree of accuracy or consistency, so I dabble in nifty options very occasionally. Pl take guidance from others for this approach... there are lots of experienced traders on this forum

AGILENT:cool:

Agilent said:
JNTrade
Well I believe in a 'bottoms up' approach .. i.e spot individual scrips with some underlying story ( e.g. a turnaround, or sharply better prosepcts) ... which will remain largely immune to market ups and downs

AGILENT:cool:
Thanks Agilent:)
I want to be both trader and invester. So that as a trader I can make money from both upside and down side movements of the market.As an investor i can make money from strong scrips as you said,which has strong fundamentals and better upmove for a medium to long term.I see the october correction,and found scrips plunging down sharply as nifty goes down.Of course all of them came to previous levels along with nifty.But if that was a bear rally then...?what will happen to our fundamentally strong scrips during that long rally:confused: any chance to swim against the currents?IF you or Nk has this experience please help me:)

jntrade said:
Thanks Agilent:)
I want to be both trader and invester. So that as a trader I can make money from both upside and down side movements of the market.As an investor i can make money from strong scrips as you said,which has strong fundamentals and better upmove for a medium to long term.I see the october correction,and found scrips plunging down sharply as nifty goes down.Of course all of them came to previous levels along with nifty.But if that was a bear rally then...?what will happen to our fundamentally strong scrips during that long rally:confused: any chance to swim against the currents?IF you or Nk has this experience please help me:)

jntrade
I am confused ... surely you mean reaction , and not rally.
On these threads there is no scope to go wrong with the jargon , else your query gets misinterpreted.

PL clarify
AGILENT