1 Lac turns into 22 lac in 1 yr 2 mths 6 days

Isn't there any TSL in this system? Means either we get 200 points or -35. Is it like that ? What are the results in Rangebound Market like last week ?

Just curious, No Leg pulling...
sorry Ramakant i cud not figure out any better way to put TSL in my infinite number of permutations and combinations to get any better result,

in range bound markets there is lot of whipsaws all of them r visible in the results of backtesting ( computer, amibroker has found them, i cud not thus hide them).

now its all up to u all
to weigh this system and
to further my goal to have a simple enough system where even our children can
just by putting a max of 10 min a day can achieve financial freedom besides studies and fun.

Last edited:
Okay, I don't want to get into any debate but basic flaw in your results is that the system is tested on only 6 months of data. Try at least on 2-3 years of data. Any system when optimized can show a profit if tested on 6 months of data and any profit can turn magical after compounding. Just don't put any money on the system, it will go down the drain.
the title of the thread says it is tested for 1 yr 2 mths 6 days data,
i dont have any more data with me, so
i m asking u all to grill my system to ur data and different time periods.

thanx anyway.

GTji

the title of the thread says it is tested for 1 yr 2 mths 6 days data,
i dont have any more data with me, so
i m asking u all to grill my system to ur data and different time periods.

thanx anyway.
Okay, this is my last post in this thread. Do a walk forward analysis, if it shows your expected profit, then you can trust your system to some extent.

Last edited:
Okay, this is my last post in this thread. Do a walk forward analysis, if it shows your expected profit, then you can trust your system to some extent.
sorry GTji, if i ve hurt ur feelings,

i m just answering and not trying to taunt u, i believe in ' nindak niyare rakhiye........'

since i joined TJ in 2007 i had nothing special to tell,
i ve silently learnt a lot from members,
when not even thanked them enough, why wud i ve shared this system here in this forum today,

this is just to pay back to the community, and learn something more in return.

i dont know how to do a walk forward analysis, so pl. anyone knowing pl. take the pain.

Last edited:

burai123

clear one thing that - suppose if today i sold nifty but tomorrow at 3.29pm nifty cross above 8 dema without hitting stoploss. should i close my position and go for long again or hold my position upto stoploss.

clear one thing that - suppose if today i sold nifty but tomorrow at 3.29pm nifty cross above 8 dema without hitting stoploss. should i close my position and go for long again or hold my position upto stoploss.
yes new long position is to be made with booking loss in old position, even if sl not hit.

i m sorry i m not clear about this in my 1st post, i'll make an editing there.

thanx

rh6996

Hi Nilu, There may be some minor variance in your results!! The entry figure that you have taken at 3:30 seems to be the "Close" price as indicated on EOD Data!! The last traded price is usually different from "Close" price as indicated in EOD! For your strategy you need to have the Last traded price rather than the EOD Close Price!! EOD Close as depicted on NSE is actually the Average traded price of last 30 minutes !
Not that it may change the results of your strategy dramatically but this fact came to mind hence sharing!!
The main drawback at some stage (differing from person to person) would be the Position Size becoz its not easy to take home open position in 4900 Nifty, i.e. 98 Lots !
Was discussing this with a senior member here and he suggested to make it more tradeable, one can remove part of profits from the table and also limit the highest quantity one trades!
Thanks for sharing!! I am sure with more and more participations we are sure to get a improved version of the strategy!

onlinegtrash

i ve found a simplest system which turned 1 Lac into 22 lac in 1 yr 2 mths 6 days.

all comments r welcome !!
My comment:

Hey could you change the Title of thread to

"BackTest results: 1 Lac turns into 22 lac in 1 yr 2 mths 6 days"

current title is thoroughly misleading !

additional comment:

Ofcourse in backtest and excel spreadsheets 1 lac can turn into several lacs easily, in real world the other way around is much easier :)