1 Lac turns into 22 lac in 1 yr 2 mths 6 days

GTji

i ve found a simplest system which turned 1 Lac into 22 lac in 1 yr 2 mths 6 days.

all we have to do is to

step 1 : buy nifty just before close when it is above 8dema, OR
sell nifty just before close when it is below 8dema,

step 2 : keep a stop at 35 points from entry at open,

step 3 : if gaps more than 35 points opposite of our position book loss immediately at open,

step 4 : put a profit booking limit order at 200 points from entry,

step 5 : start from step 1 on the same day eod when booked at sl or profit.

CAN TRADING/LIFE BE ANY SIMPLER !!!!

( i've not yet traded on this system myself, this is backtested result in ami from 1/4/11 to 6/7/12.
i was on a rigorous search for a magical system,
by God's grace,
i reached at this magical cocktail of 8dema, 35 points sl, 200 points profit booking,
i've tried almost infinite number of combinations of emas, sl and profit booking points, but this one is the best.

i've backtested this in amibroker,
with starting capital 1 lac,
margin required 10%,
min position 20 shares,
round lot 20 shares,
in stop tab in backtester settings - max loss stop - points 35, and select - exit intraday at stop,in profit target - points 200, and select - exit intraday at stop.
i've not provided for brokerage or commissions,taxes,
so this profit is excluding above.
this much of profit is because all profits r used-back to buy more positions.
if profits r not used to buy more positions this sysyem gives almost 50% during the same period.

i'm posting the backtesting result and backtesting afl.

all this info is for educational purposes and not a recommendation to buy or sell stocks or futures, all losses incurred due to above is solely your own responsibility.)

all comments r welcome !!
Its going to fail utterly. Don't bet your money on it.

there is a good news

for those who dont have access even to TV or net during market hours,

and can only access 8dema after market closes, from various sites like say icharts.in, google finance, yahoo finance,

can go for previous day's 8dema.

i ve backtested with prv.day 8dema and it gives same or even better returns.

this way if we have to phone our broker twice daily,

once, just before close, ask him where is nifty spot and since we know prv. day's 8dema, we can order him to go for a buy or sell ( of course in nifty futures).

next
, just before market reopens in the morning the next day to place our stop loss orders and profit booking orders.

pl. take note : all these backetsting r not done on nifty futures data but on nifty spot.

Its going to fail utterly. Don't bet your money on it.
how are u so sure about the failure ?

have u taken pain to go thru the backtesting result ?

or have done any backtesting on any period of data ?

u can copy the backtested result in an excel sheet or take a print out of the same and go on checking for the trades in a daily graph with 8dema plotted on it, to have a view on the unfolding of the magic of simplicity.

putting all the money back into the system is another magic ( difficulty ) of compounding.

pl.share with us ur observatins.

:rofl:

Last edited:

sunilrhs

Just check one more thing...How many times there is gap up/down againt the position, of more then 36 points...Have you factored in that points in the loss.

Well i appreciate your effort, atleast you have not hidden anything. Its good and can be debated to fine tweak your method.

there are ppl to help you out. Just shout...:cool::cool:

pl.share with us.

RAAMAKANT

Isn't there any TSL in this system? Means either we get 200 points or -35. Is it like that ? What are the results in Rangebound Market like last week ?

Just curious, No Leg pulling...

How many times there is gap up/down againt the position, of more then 36 points...Have you factored in that points in the loss.
there are lot many gap opening losses in the data i ve displayed, pl find time to go thru the excel.

actually i dont know to post my excel sheet where i ve colored those days in my excel sheet

GTji

u can copy the backtested result in an excel sheet or take a print out of the same and go on checking for the trades in a daily graph with 8dema plotted on it, to have a view on the unfolding of the magic of simplicity.

putting all the money back into the system is another magic ( difficulty ) of compounding.

pl.share with us ur observatins.

Okay, I don't want to get into any debate but basic flaw in your results is that the system is tested on only 6 months of data. Try at least on 2-3 years of data. Any system when optimized can show a profit if tested on 6 months of data and any profit can turn magical after compounding. Just don't put any money on the system, it will go down the drain.