Status
Not open for further replies.

sudris

it is quite strange to see contradicting posts where one says NOW has so and so problems, this feature should be there and blah blah and at the end of one of their own posts they fail to NOT claim borkerage refund?

people winning the challenge despite problems with NOW(as per their perspective)!

btw, even NSE doesn't store purest of tick data.
even a billion dollar workstation would get exhausted in days storing the purest ticks, forget the retail traders.

I use excel to transfer data from NOW to AB and it works perfectly without any problems at all. You must be aware of Sudris's tool, which is also essentially the same thing (NOW-Excel-AB). There do seem to be many more such tools/methods available on the internet which transfer NOW data to Amibroker or Metastock etc.
sir , please share your methods , so everyone can enjoy the service !!
many of us tried but couldnt find proper method ..

everyone will be benefited if we get perfect data

vikrit

it is quite strange to see contradicting posts where one says NOW has so and so problems, this feature should be there and blah blah and at the end of one of their own posts they fail to NOT claim borkerage refund?

people winning the challenge despite problems with NOW(as per their perspective)!

btw, even NSE doesn't store purest of tick data.
even a billion dollar workstation would get exhausted in days storing the purest ticks, forget the retail traders.
sudris,

if you are indicating my post then nowhere i said i will not claim money if competition is there. :). i am concern about their overall business in long run not the money they will return.

people was trading profitably and will trade profitable with n no.s of problem.
all softwares i have tried having many problems. as zerodha is investing in new one and open minded for suggestions & problems that's why expecting them to bring better one. :thumb:

Zerodha

wow!!!!! There has been a lot of discussion since the last time I logged in yesterday night... ;)...

Guys, I have traded for a living for almost 15 years and I know where we could improve.. You can trust on that we are working hard towards it... We definitely are not immature or egoistic to stay everything with us is perfect...

Trading platform is something we definitely will have fixed in a few more weeks, charting, calculation option writing margins etc..... We also want to be the first brokers in the country to be able to make automated trading affordable for retail.. Everything is on its way... As they say Rome was not built in one day!!! :) ...

As far as the challenge, if you have made money you will get the brokerage refunded.. The format for the challenge will definitely change, but we definitely would find a way out to recognize our winning traders.. The idea is to not discriminate, it is to give an additional push to the traders who might be presently losing in the markets...

The brokerage you pay is already so less, so don't think only a refund of brokerage is such a big incentive... As a business we believe higher the number of active profitable traders with us, the better it is for our business in the longer term... So we will try our best to help someone turn profitable, be it the challenge that we just offered or offering tools on trading platform or education etc... We will keep trying, may or may not make sense to some of you...

Hopefully all of you are enjoying the volatility..

Cheers..

The idea is to not discriminate, it is to give an additional push to the traders who might be presently losing in the markets...
hmmm... Hope the push is in the desired direction for you... Hope Newton's laws are not applicable...Hope the challenge has resulted in increased business for you.

sr114

hi

does Zerodha discontinued the 2x margin in MCX? found that for trading full span is required under what if analysis.

waiting for the reply

(got the answer - missed the NRML/MIS option to get 2x have to go for MIS)

regards
sr

Last edited:
wow!!!!! There has been a lot of discussion since the last time I logged in yesterday night... ;)...

Guys, I have traded for a living for almost 15 years and I know where we could improve.. You can trust on that we are working hard towards it... We definitely are not immature or egoistic to stay everything with us is perfect...

Trading platform is something we definitely will have fixed in a few more weeks, charting, calculation option writing margins etc..... We also want to be the first brokers in the country to be able to make automated trading affordable for retail.. Everything is on its way... As they say Rome was not built in one day!!! :) ...

As far as the challenge, if you have made money you will get the brokerage refunded.. The format for the challenge will definitely change, but we definitely would find a way out to recognize our winning traders.. The idea is to not discriminate, it is to give an additional push to the traders who might be presently losing in the markets...

The brokerage you pay is already so less, so don't think only a refund of brokerage is such a big incentive... As a business we believe higher the number of active profitable traders with us, the better it is for our business in the longer term... So we will try our best to help someone turn profitable, be it the challenge that we just offered or offering tools on trading platform or education etc... We will keep trying, may or may not make sense to some of you...

Hopefully all of you are enjoying the volatility..

Cheers..
But on Zerodha FB page i read that oldest employee is 32 old.....hahahaaa.

leave it, just joking.

Zerodha, why don't u consider tying up with good charting software provider. You can provide data feed for that . Friends here have developed tools which feed data for popular softwares.But a professional quality tool from your stable will overcome small limitations of their's.

Already people pay 300-400 rs/pm for datafeed from third parties. You can provide it for even less. So people who are not comfortable with charting of NOW or Upcoming Zerodha trader will have an option. There will be separate trading terminal and charting s/w.....But now most of us are doing this only.So it will be ok.

OS developers tied up with pc manufacturer's and provide bundled OS. Likewise You can get good deal . And traders will not mind paying for authentic charting software and per month small amount for reliable data feed.

WIN-WIN for all.... charting s/w company will get good customer base without much sales effort so they will be ready to lower price. You will get extra income from data feed charges and we will be saving couple hundred bucks in data feed charges which we pay to third parties+ authentic charting s/w a discounted price.

Last edited:

Zerodha

But on Zerodha FB page i read that oldest employee is 32 old.....hahahaaa.

leave it, just joking.

Zerodha, why don't u consider tying up with good charting software provider. You can provide data feed for that . Friends here have developed tools which feed data for popular softwares.But a professional quality tool from your stable will overcome small limitations of their's.

Already people pay 300-400 rs/pm for datafeed from third parties. You can provide it for even less. So people who are not comfortable with charting of NOW or Upcoming Zerodha trader will have an option. There will be separate trading terminal and charting s/w.....But now most of us are doing this only.So it will be ok.

OS developers tied up with pc manufacturer's and provide bundled OS. Likewise You can get good deal . And traders will not mind paying for authentic charting software and per month small amount for reliable data feed.

WIN-WIN for all.... charting s/w company will get good customer base without much sales effort so they will be ready to lower price. You will get extra income from data feed charges and we will be saving couple hundred bucks in data feed charges which we pay to third parties+ authentic charting s/w a discounted price.
That is the beauty of our team!!! :).. Nithin's nephew is 13 years old and his hobby is to read balance sheets.. ;) ... Nikhil who takes care of the prop desk is 24 and has traded now for 8 years.. He has been trained on quant's from professors like Nassim Taleb and many more...So yes we are a young team, but we have probably traded the markets(derivatives) more than any people who run/manage any brokerage firm in the country...

About the charting, we already ventured out into it once.. We developed an amazing tool to transfer data from NOW to ami and others with backfill and etc... The problem was this: http://www.nseindia.com/content/press/prs_datavending.htm#4

Check out the first link, real time tariff... NSE charges a data vendor Rs 56lks(equity +fno) and Rs 500/exchange/month for data vending.. :eek:

As NSE members we are warned that we can't release any tool that could cause them a loss of this revenue.. NSE actually categorizes people who receive data in any other way than through their data vendors as piracy..

So if someone is vending data without paying NSE their fees( the typical guy who charges Rs 300/400 per month), eventually NSE will catch upto them and stop it from happening.. A lot of authorized data vendors are pushing NSE to take strict action against those who are doing it illegally...

We are in talks with a popular vendor to give out data at discounted rates to our clients...

Cheers..

Status
Not open for further replies.