Status
Not open for further replies.

murthyavr

Zerodha has been successful in creating a divided opinion among traders on their
60-day challenge. They have been successful in making those (successful) traders
declare that "No, I don't want that much back; this much is enough.."

I still don't understand what is wrong if some one opened multiple accounts to get
the benefit of the challenge. Is it unethical, really? How? Why??

Perhaps, this challenge is not financially viable for them any more.. No issues - they
can say it out and wind up the challenge. We will be happy that most of the traders
with Zerodha are in profits, and are doing well..

On the other hand, zerodha can spend that money in:

1. Improving the software

2. Reducing the transaction charges

3. Providing free CallnTrade facility

4. Providing a Toll free customer care number

5. I am sure a lot more will be there!

The bottomline is that if a facility is there, everyone wants to make use of it
in the fist place, wants to make better use of it in the second place. No point
in blaming the people, if there is nothing unethical about it.

No - I don't have multiple accounts! I just have a single account which is traded
spasmodically!

Zerodha has been successful in creating a divided opinion among traders on their 60-day challenge. They have been successful in making those (successful) traders declare that "No, I don't want that much back; this much is enough.."
Who said that ?? :confused:

I still don't understand what is wrong if some one opened multiple accounts to get the benefit of the challenge. Is it unethical, really? How? Why??

Perhaps, this challenge is not financially viable for them any more.. No issues - they can say it out and wind up the challenge. We will be happy that most of the traders with Zerodha are in profits, and are doing well..

Somewhere in this thread, they had said that even if 80% of their clients get a refund, they will still be making money. At present just about 20-25% are eligible for refund. So, the challenge is still financially viable to them, for a long time to come.

On the other hand, zerodha can spend that money in:

1. Improving the software

2. Reducing the transaction charges

3. Providing free CallnTrade facility

4. Providing a Toll free customer care number

5. I am sure a lot more will be there!

I second that.
The bottomline is that if a facility is there, everyone wants to make use of it in the fist place, wants to make better use of it in the second place. No point in blaming the people, if there is nothing unethical about it.

No - I don't have multiple accounts! I just have a single account which is traded spasmodically!
I guess Zerodha has received quite a few ideas and their think tank is at work. I'm sure that they will come up with something secular soon.

vikrit

Perspective is lost here. Anyway, I myself do not have any problems with the software, and I trade quite actively.
Gtji,

I posted this before that one you quoted-

@Zerodha

suggestion-
if possible then make call & trade facility free, so small traders don't need to face all trouble of bharti-tata-login-2FA-MIS-NRML-CNC-LOCKED-TRADING PASSWORD etc etc.
and then for charting they will not mind buying data and software or they can use any other broker's terminal to watch ticks while trading on phone with you ;).

both post by mine, my main concerns with Zerodha is CHARTING and -

don't get it why their software have to create so many obstacles? other broker's software doesn't. i have used trade tiger and odin, nowadays using Trade tiger.

can understand now was from nse basically, but what about Zerodha trader?? why they can't make it trading friendly.

for ex-
1. in tt you can increase time limit for terminal auto lock, but as per zerodha executive you can't in both softwares.
2. tt ask for trading password just once at login screen only.
3. why it is compulsory to trade by MIS for intraday or margin trading (mcx),
why this absurd system that if wanna carry forward then one has to remember to convert.
why it cant be simplified by making NRML order type default for all type.
At 3.10 or 11:05 who are using margin and not having enough fund/margin to carry forward, system/software can be program to select these type of a/c's.

(when sharekhan have this type of system why they can't as they having some heavy software for risk management???,
at sharekhan also, system give list and then dealers call traders for reminding about fund shortage, here Zerodha's system can auto square-off)
And traders who specifically want their trades to square off automatically at 3:10 or 11:05, they can choose MIS.

@Zerodha if possible reply about above points.
I will be more than happy if zerodha can improve their software, charting and stand above all their competition as they are first one in India who opened up so much publicly, and create awareness about charges which lead/forced :D other new ones to do same. (for ex- rksv opened up abt trans. charges)

but I am not sold myself to them, if they can't give basic things required , then will have to keep searching my options. Hope now you get my perspective.:) No doubt, as rksv utilize Now fame of fast ticks & accustom users both created by Zerodha, somebody new or old will come up mt4 or that type good charting software with low brokerage and again utilize awareness.

Zerodha team have many plus points but lacking in fast actions. I know Zerodha is trying their best to fulfill customer demands but their best is not enough to give basic package. Customer lost is a loss, you can checkout rksv thread, many posting here too in hope of better facility, but trading with rksv. And after having unlimited type plan, i doubt they are trading with zerodha now in NSE?!!? Still hoping best for Zerodha.:)

adi,

nowhere blamed you misused or anything did wrong, it's human nature ;)
but what you did b/c of this competition is not fruitful for zerodha.
and so it is just an example.

it will be very helpful for me if you can tell me the name of broker and their charges details
and also what software they provide, as i am also trade in options (daily 2-3 trades max, some intra-day, some positional).
so, if any other broker is cheaper than Zerodha (i didn't find any with satisfactory software yet)
i would like to try b/c main issue i am having with Zerodha is their software.

And really i cant understand how can a ONLINE broker take issues with charting thing in their software lightly!!!??? :confused:
b/c they are targeting small trader also for whom charting software and data expenses (as sachin suggested some days back to use) make Zerodha much expensive.
and with going on problem with login/trading without charting, don't know where Zerodha will stand in market.

The other broker was Indiabulls.... It had a good enough charting and Trading Platform in the form of PIB..... Provided convenience as well as marginal benefit in terms of charges as well....

But if Zerodha wants to continue this Challenge... Then the suggestion given by GTji is the best... Consider 60-trading days in which trade was initiated.... Everyone stands to benefit.... Good traders would get their brokerage refunded, as well as there won't be any loss in terms of potential brokerage for Zerodha... :)

GTji

Gtji,

I posted this before that one you quoted-

both post by mine, my main concerns with Zerodha is CHARTING and -

I will be more than happy if zerodha can improve their software, charting and stand above all their competition as they are first one in India who opened up so much publicly, and create awareness about charges which lead/forced :D other new ones to do same. (for ex- rksv opened up abt trans. charges)

but I am not sold myself to them, if they can't give basic things required , then will have to keep searching my options. Hope now you get my perspective.:) No doubt, as rksv utilize Now fame of fast ticks & accustom users both created by Zerodha, somebody new or old will come up mt4 or that type good charting software with low brokerage and again utilize awareness.

Zerodha team have many plus points but lacking in fast actions. I know Zerodha is trying their best to fulfill customer demands but their best is not enough to give basic package. Customer lost is a loss, you can checkout rksv thread, many posting here too in hope of better facility, but trading with rksv. And after having unlimited type plan, i doubt they are trading with zerodha now in NSE?!!? Still hoping best for Zerodha.:)
I find all other software products currently used by others broker's, SK TT, etc of no use to me because I use Amibroker for my technical analysis, scanning stocks etc. In fact I feel I got one of the the best deals when I started with Zerodha, with their low brokerage (0.01 for EQ), margin exposure for EQ and their NOW software (none of the other brokerages till date were/are giving a platform with such frequent ticks, and which allow data to be transferred to AB in realtime, which is what I badly wanted and had been waiting for for a very long time. (And believe me, data matters a lot, cause I get very different results when I backtest with SK data and NOW data. SK data misses a lot of ticks). RKSV also has a similar kind of setup (software) and in my opinion has a better brokerage plan, but what makes me stick to Zerodha and not shift to RKSV is their margin exposure (5x for RKSV, and 5-10x for Zerodha). So, to tell you the truth, I really got everything that I dreamed about (Brokerage,software, margin) with Zerodha and of course the 60 day challenge is an added plus point and I hope they do continue it.

I find all other software products currently used by others broker's, SK TT, etc of no use to me because I use Amibroker for my technical analysis, scanning stocks etc. In fact I feel I got one of the the best deals when I started with Zerodha, with their low brokerage (0.01 for EQ), margin exposure for EQ and their NOW software (none of the other brokerages till date were/are giving a platform with such frequent ticks, and which allow data to be transferred to AB in realtime, which is what I badly wanted and had been waiting for for a very long time. (And believe me, data matters a lot, cause I get very different results when I backtest with SK data and NOW data. SK data misses a lot of ticks). RKSV also has a similar kind of setup (software) and in my opinion has a better brokerage plan, but what makes me stick to Zerodha and not shift to RKSV is their margin exposure (5x for RKSV, and 5-10x for Zerodha). So, to tell you the truth, I really got everything that I dreamed about (Brokerage,software, margin) with Zerodha and of course the 60 day challenge is an added plus point and I hope they do continue it.
Amibroker + data feed do add to the costs.

gtji ,
i completely agree with u. i use esignal with ninjatrader coz every platform available here has inaccurate data. the highs/lows for almost every bar are wrong in sski/pib etc.
in any case a discount broker shud not start offering full fledged services esle it will result in higher costs eventually.
those who need everything under the sun need to move to full fledged brokers. now is a perfect platform and it shud remain that way without the added nonsense of charting. its speed is way beyond what any other platform can match. it sole purpose is high speed execution and thats what it shud be used for.
and for thsoe who crib about costs of separate data feed, there is a cost for doing any business. no businessman starts a venture without having sufficient funds.
i have yet to meet a full time trader who trades without a proper accurate data feed !

vikrit

........ and which allow data to be transferred to AB in realtime,
of course the 60 day challenge is an added plus point and I hope they do continue it.
Now having this facility or you are using some tool??? as I know directly we cant do.
please tell which tool using for data transfer from now to ami? is backfill possible? how many scrips can add?

i know many people here not agree with me about the challenge contest. but it is fact that it is not fruitful for them and also for us in long run.
For me choosing and keeping our funds at a broker is like choosing a Equity for long-term. That's why so concern, b/c don't want anything bad will happen.

NOT talking about their financial viability, I know they can provide cheaper plans than RKSV. Actually The Challenge contest was not a good business decision b/c of many complications at different ends - people mindset, operations, technology infrastructure investments, referral marketing & long term perspective, and also was a result of incorrect analysis of statistics outcomes. Hoping they will learn from past, and do something better quickly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.