Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rahul,

Doesn't matter how many f&o trades you do in a day, at the end of the day on your total contract note for F&O will have stamp duty of 0.01% or Rs 50 whichever is lower... So the good bit is, doesn't matter how much you trade, stamp duty won't exceed Rs 50...
Hi Zerodha,

Thank you for your information. This was very helpful.
I just have one more question. Please check below

scenario 1

Monday : I buy 1 Lot of Crude at 5000
Tuesday: I dont trade
Wednesday : I dont trade
Thursday: I Sell 1 Lot of Crude at 5010

In this case what will be the stamp duty & profit?
1) Max Rs 50 stamp duty for Monday + Max Rs 50 stamp duty for Thursday
Total stamp duty on a complete trade = Max Rs 100
(907.31 this is from BROKERAGE CALCULATOR)
Actual Profit in this trade = 907.31- 100 = 807.31

If the answer is different please explain me with the same example :D

Scenario 2:

Monday i buy 2 lots of crude at 5000 & Sell 2 lots of 5010

In this case what will be the stamp duty & profit?
1) Max Rs 50 stamp duty for Monday irrespective of number of trades
Total stamp duty on a complete trade = Max Rs 50
(1858.71 this is from BROKERAGE CALCULATOR)
Actual Profit in this trade = 1858.71 - 50 = 1808.71

If the answer is different please explain me with the same example :D

Regards,
Rahule

login to nowonline.in

click on positions=> there you can select Daywise/Netwise.

Refresh to check current status of your positions.
Hi,

I tried this but there is nothing displayed in positions. But i can see the scripts i bought in holdings. And i am sure it was a CNC trade. How can i see my positions then?

Hi Zerodha/Sachin,

I handle two a/c.Curr i trade thru ODIN Diet and am able to login on both id's by opening two windows of ODIN and trade simultaneously in both w/o logging off from either.

If i open 2 accounts with Zerodha :
1. In NOW.exe is it possible to trade in 2 user accounts simultaneously ?
2. And in upcoming Nest ?

Hi
Zerodha

I trade with you for last six month and it is a very good experience for me...

Now I have some question ....

I have only F&O account with you no Commodity till now ......

If i open commodity account with you than what is my common plate-from for trading ??

is NSENOW for F&O and Nest Trader for commodity or in Nest trader i 'll get NSE & MCX both ???

2nd question is ..... May i use Nest Trader for NSE F&O and cash....because today I can not open Nest trader with NSENOW userid and password ........

regards
AnAthist

LOGI

New member 1
Hi Zerodha,

Happy to hear you are upgrading your trading platform to recognize option stratergies.You can also incorporate a margin calculator where in by simply entering the position and stratergies i want to take it is possible to take with the available margin or not.It would be great to have and no other broker has got this facility i think.

Regards,
Senthil

soft_trader

In Sharekhan, Indiabulls, IIFL, and some other brokers I have traded in the past, was providing the facility to deposit and withdraw, funds from any of the linked bank accounts.

Say, I have linked Bank A & Bank B with Sharekhan, with them it is possible to both deposit & withdraw funds using both banks.

But in Zerodha, the problem is, we can deposit using Primary & secondary banks, but we cannot withdraw to our secondary banks.

This is very much irritating. :annoyed:

Please ZERODHA do something. :)

ethan hunt

Re: Liability clause in Zerodha's agreement

@zerodha: Your "SUPPLEMENTARY AGREEMENT BETWEEN STOCK BROKER & CLIENT" says:

16. Notwithstanding anything contained in these presents, any amounts which are overdue from the client or a member of the client's family towards trading either in the cash, F&O or derivatives segments or on account of any other reason to the Stock Broker or to any of the Stock Broker's group or associate companies will be charged delayed payment charges at the rate of 1.5% per month or such other rate as may be determined by the Stock Broker. The client hereby authorizes the Stock Broker to directly debit the same to the account of the Client at the end of each month. The client also authorizes the Stock Broker to debit charges for depository services to the trading account.
a. The client also agreed that any outstanding amount in his account or his spouse/relative or any company in which he is director or substantial share holder, shall be adjusted by the stock broker out of credit balance/shares or securities in any other aforesaid account.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````
What exactly is meant by:
  1. member of the client's family
  2. Stock Broker's group
  3. associate companies
  4. relative
  5. substantial share holder
  6. such other rate - how will it be decided? When, how and to whom will it be communicated?

:confused: :confused: I'm hesitant to sign here because the scope of liability seems to be broad and ill-defined.

I'm not a lawyer but what i understand is this: It's an attempt to avoid the lengthy process of suing defaulters in court by creating the possibility of directly debiting a relative/shareholder's account for the outstanding amount and interest (at a potentially unspecified rate). If you sign this, you become a guarantor to Zerodha and it's unspecified group of companies against default by your relatives and companies in which you are a substantial shareholder. Even if you terminate the agreement, you will continue to be liable for the period that the agreement was in force. You can't sue the defaulting party (relative/company) because you have no agreement with it. The stockbroker has no incentive to go after the real defaulter if there is a guarantor available by virtue of such clauses. They offer incentives for referrals, but if the referred clients are your relatives, you will be acting as guarantors for each other. If one of them defaults in a big way, you may end up losing everything.

@other readers: Do other brokers also have a similar clause in their agreements? I know nobody here can offer legal advice, but an informal discussion on this issue will be helpful for the community.

PS: I had posted this as a separate thread, but it probably didn't catch attention of the Zerodha employees. I'm posting it here with a few refinements. Anyone who can throw more light on this issue is requested to weigh in.
Hi Sawash,

The whole application form was taken from NSE's sample application form.. A lot of brokers use the same set... We are not into margin funding and hence never have any defaults... None of our clients have defaulted till now, not that we give them an opportunity to default... :) ...

I understand your concern, but as I said every word on usually all the financial account opening documents(bank account openings, trading accounts etc) usually have words which are not very sweet to the ears.... It is there because it has to be there, that is what the regulators say...

Cheers...
@Zerodha
But is'nt it NON-MANDATORY document & one may not want to sign it, which is OK if one is not comfortable ?

http://www.nseindia.com/content/members/mem_comp_annexB.pdf
@Zerodha
Awaiting response !
1) Isn't the above mentioned documents a Voluntry & Non-Mandatory Document ?
2) Will Zerodha open the trading account if someone does not want to sign a Voluntry & Non-Mandatory Document ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.