Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to update the readers.
I first read Bharath's thread on Zerodha. I am the one, who given first detail review of Zerodha, just right on page1 of thread. I never thought that this thread will become so big. I opened my account with them long time back.
Initially I was also worried about new platform and new broker. I gone thru teething problems with their back office too. I traded with many leading brokers.
My experience with Zerodha is really great. The support guys are really cool and fast. I had one mail interaction with Nitin (CEO),he was also helpful.
I think Zerodha is definitely be changing the trading experience.
Few things they need to improve are
1. Back office support for Chrome or FF.
2. Bugs in NOW platform. (I know NSE is more responsible)
3. Live data for charting tool (Fcharts, Metastock) - I know they are working on it.
4. Bank gateway for ICICI, SBI.
5. TTS - trouble ticket system, something based on sugar crm will also do. It will help to keep track easily.
After trading with them for good long time. I can tell you, Zerodha is best option provided you don't expect free trading tips.

I think Zerodha should hire more IT programmers to work on the complementary and supplementary services like Charting support for Amibroker and Metastock and Excel Support, also Backoffice improvements and Website Updation etc etc.

NOW platform is pretty rich with features like spread order and basket orders but there are plenty of bugs. I hope they are taking up each reported bug, case by case with NOW team.

Zerodha has started a new model of online brokerage and these are necessary steps to keep up with the growing requirements of the users.
Things should be taken up with deadlines so that projects are completed within stipulated timeframe and thus less reasons for users to complain and crib. I think this would become imperative looking at the stupendous growth of Zerodha's client base.

Food for thought !

Congratulations Zerodha for crossing 2,00,000 views on Traderji :) We wish your client base grows at the same rate...but we would be expecting similar services even when your client base grows bigger..

columbus

Zerodha,

There are many NIFTY players in client base.Why should LOGIN stops for them
if you introduce some checkboxes like NIFTY and OTHERS during LOGIN procedure.
The bulk of the file is comprises of Stock Futures and Stock Options.If anybody opts
NIFTY and put Stock Future trade, ask them to re-login .

There were talks about clubbing family members or something like that.. Any updates on it? I-Direct has come up with 7 days trades will remain open at a set limit price. Good for positional traders. You have coloum for No. Of Days in buy/sell dialog box after Validity date but both are freezed. It'll help for those who can't track market much or sit in front of computer for day long whole week. Try talking to NSE guys and be 1st low charges trader with such service, if i-direct can provide so you can. I saw BOLT yesterday, thundering fast. If you can tie up with BSE we can not only use BSE shares and but also will have option to use NOW or BOLT if one goes wrong, just in case. Please increase phone lines as in morning you 2020 number is hard to get attended these days. 1 month ago it was always available in 1st go. Please give set of numbers only for CC support. Finally, if I sell say 10000 worth CNC and buy and sell 10000 worth liquid bees, being % base client, will I be charged ILFS transaction? Reason of asking is I keep buying in at dips and keep selling the same in staggered way. 1st my funds get transfered T+2, if I convert it to liquidbees I guess funds will be released in T+1 or early and secondly my each sell takes away 15 bucks which will affect once you deduct ILFS charges. I'm ready to pay brokerages for the same, selling holdings, buying selling Lbees. Please clear these doubts and requests.

And yes, newswire was activated since a month or so. I noticed it once I started getting charged on bandwdth heavily as I have b/w meter running all the time. You cannot though delete it. Deactivating it will keep bringing in new messages. In morning there are about 200 messages that became news after market closed a day ago. On results quarter such messages goes upto 500 in morning and bigger headache is monday when there are more than 10 mb worth messages pouring in. You can't deactivate. It get stored somewhere and when you recall news section, all messages from past closing will be here updated. I tried to delete, search manually were it gets stored and everything but failed. It's not your fault though but it's really set back for limited bandwidth users and those who use 3g/evdo. You don't get high speeds until you pay +1200 per month and if you comrpmise on expenses, b/w gets capped. Plus there are FUPs to kill us, specially airtel broadband users. :(

Hi Zerodha,

Firstly i would like to congratulate on the service you are providing which is a step in the direction of fair play as far as low vol traders like myself are concerned in the world of big animals preying on the massess.
Opened an account recently and i am very satisfied with the service.

i do have a couple of suggestions like to include star performers like Jubilant Foodworks, VST, Page etc in the 10x margin range, if possible.
Most imp i kindly request to have a re-look at the auto square off time for intraday cash segment. On most occassions a small loss/small profit becomes a med-high loss if it is squared off at 3.10 PM. For ex today SBI was trading arnd 2335 arnd 3.10 then it corrected till 2224 by 3.20 PM. Maybe you can come up with a scheme where only ppl in loss get an additional 10-15 mins of valuable time.

I can see that you are being bombarded with suggestions and opinions here which is a sign of members wanting to make an almost ideal brokerage into an ideal one.

Thank you

columbus

During scrip download you have 2 lists.

You add another list like this.

1.Cash
2.Derivatives-Nifty
3.Derivatives-Others

Users Check the box accordingly.
Derivatives-Others is a very big file and takes lot of time to load.
Nifty traders should not be made to suffer.

During scrip download you have 2 lists.

You add another list like this.

1.Cash
2.Derivatives-Nifty
3.Derivatives-Others

Users Check the box accordingly.
Derivatives-Others is a very big file and takes lot of time to load.
Nifty traders should not be made to suffer.
Scrip master file comes from NSE everyday. There is a different file for cash scrips and different file for F & O scrips.F & O scrip master consists of all indices and stock futures/options all available contracts. I doubt whether Zerodha or any other broker can segregate that file into Nifty derivatives and other derivatives.

Smart_trade

columbus

Scrip master file comes from NSE everyday. There is a different file for cash scrips and different file for F & O scrips.F & O scrip master consists of all indices and stock futures/options all available contracts. I doubt whether Zerodha or any other broker can segregate that file into Nifty derivatives and other derivatives.

Smart_trade
Hi ST,

I do not think there is not much difficulty in dividing the list by Index
(Index Futures + Index options) and stocks.( Stock Futures + Stock options)

hyi zerodha,

suppose if i am intrested in trading current months nifty futures only on intraday basis. there are few questions that are there in my mind can u plzzzz answer them??

1. what would be the minimum money that is required to trade 1 lot of nifty future on intraday basis only?

2. i just want to trade 2 lots or at the max 3 lots of nifty futures right now --- so how many points do i need to break even (or what would be the brokerage for 2 lots and the for 3 lots)?

3. on what time does the automatic square off thing comes into picture?

4. how many day does it take approx. to open an account with zerodha and which are the banks that can be linked to the account?

reagrds,

varun.
hp:9326534883

Status
Not open for further replies.