Yahoo Real-Time Quotes/Charts

Laksh

i would rather spend 5000 bucks rather waste 500 bucks on yahoo data.

just take a look at the data (attached alongwith) and you will know why. the data is sourced from the 5 days charts which yahoo provides.
Hi jdm
I don't get your point. I have examined the attached file you've uploaded.The time stamp 9:55am and ends at 3:25pm. If its 5m chart data then it's realtime and its about 6-4 times cheaper than the realtime data providing services available. Then what's the problem with using this service.

Laksh

hi niranjan,
i am new to this forum. i came across ur post and am interested in subscribibg for the same. can u pl inform how to subscribe ?

enquiringly yours
instaalert.

Hi all,
I have come across Yahoo real time quotes/charts facility provided by yahoo US.( We can get NSE/BSE quotes/charts from yahoo US)
It seems to be very good. It is a premium service and costs around Rs 500/- per month. I have subscribed for a trail service of one month.
I don't know about other better realtime quote/chart providers.

Please find the attached screenshots of realtime quotes and charts. (It launches an external application)

Real Time Quotes:
* Gets updated every second. (No delay compared the exchange)
* We can have many portfolios.

Real Time Charts:
* Charts get updated every minute.
* Manual refresh is also available.
* Following Indicators are available
Moving Average, Exp Average, Parabolic SAR, Bollinger Bands,
Full Stochastic, Slow/Fast Stochastic, MACD, Relative Strength Index
* No need to save anything in our system.
* It is not heavy on the system(as compared to other Java programmes)

I don't know if it is really worth for Rs 500/- I would seek advice of the seniors regarding this. I went through some of the threads and found out about blogtrader/eclipse trader and Fcharts with Quote tracker.

BlogTrader/Eclipse Trader --> They are good but they depend on Yahoo quotes. If not subsribed for premium service, the quotes are delayed by atleast 15 min.
It is heavy on the system.

QuoteTracker with Fcharts --> Using quote tracker, we can get quotes from Yahoo or NSE. We have delay problem with Yahoo. (unless subscribed).
The NSE quotes also seemed to be delayed.

The main problem is that Quote tracker should be kept running to get the quotes which will be transferred to Fcharts every minute updating charts.

I would like to know , if there is any other better real time quote/charts provider for a reasonable price.? I have ICICIDirect account and the charts are pathatic. Does any brokerage house provides this kind of service to its clients.

Laksh

hi niranjan,
i am new to this forum. i came across ur post and am interested in subscribibg for the same. can u pl inform how to subscribe ?

enquiringly yours
instaalert.
Hi instaalert,
Welcome to traderji. There are sufficient details in niranjan's post. For further details go to the URL posted by traderji in post #7 of this thread.

Laksh

jdm

Hi jdm
I don't get your point. I have examined the attached file you've uploaded.The time stamp 9:55am and ends at 3:25pm. If its 5m chart data then it's realtime and its about 6-4 times cheaper than the realtime data providing services available. Then what's the problem with using this service.

Laksh
just look the prriod in january and february and you will find how the data stopped appending after 2.00pm or so. and its after day after day. (somebody at that time even posted a thread)

as you rightly said the data is from 9.55 and ends at 3.25pm. and there lies the problem. during the sun outage the market continues for 4.15pm, but sadly the backfill stops.

we have special trading sessions on saturdays or sundays, or even on muhrat trading, no data then. on 4th july its holiday for them, not us.

i have spend quite a while working with yahoo data, and its not worth a penny, of course if you mean business (i mean if you take trading as a business).

cheers,
jdm.

Laksh

jdm,
many thanx for ur clarification. i was contemplating subscribing to yahoo realtime. ur clarification has me money and frustation. many thanx again.

laksh

hi

i use icharts.in, you have 2 options, RS 350 as well as 650, i am very comfortable with it, But charts are available only for 400 stocks which are in F&O.

McNish

Hello JMD. If U r against yahoo data for the one who means business, then who would you recommend for the one who means business. Please advise.
Thanks.