Yahoo Real-Time Quotes/Charts

Hi all,
I have come across Yahoo real time quotes/charts facility provided by yahoo US.( We can get NSE/BSE quotes/charts from yahoo US)
It seems to be very good. It is a premium service and costs around Rs 500/- per month. I have subscribed for a trail service of one month.
I don't know about other better realtime quote/chart providers.

Please find the attached screenshots of realtime quotes and charts. (It launches an external application)

Real Time Quotes:
* Gets updated every second. (No delay compared the exchange)
* We can have many portfolios.

Real Time Charts:
* Charts get updated every minute.
* Manual refresh is also available.
* Following Indicators are available
Moving Average, Exp Average, Parabolic SAR, Bollinger Bands,
Full Stochastic, Slow/Fast Stochastic, MACD, Relative Strength Index
* No need to save anything in our system.
* It is not heavy on the system(as compared to other Java programmes)

I don't know if it is really worth for Rs 500/- I would seek advice of the seniors regarding this. I went through some of the threads and found out about blogtrader/eclipse trader and Fcharts with Quote tracker.

BlogTrader/Eclipse Trader --> They are good but they depend on Yahoo quotes. If not subsribed for premium service, the quotes are delayed by atleast 15 min.
It is heavy on the system.

QuoteTracker with Fcharts --> Using quote tracker, we can get quotes from Yahoo or NSE. We have delay problem with Yahoo. (unless subscribed).
The NSE quotes also seemed to be delayed.

The main problem is that Quote tracker should be kept running to get the quotes which will be transferred to Fcharts every minute updating charts.

I would like to know , if there is any other better real time quote/charts provider for a reasonable price.? I have ICICIDirect account and the charts are pathatic. Does any brokerage house provides this kind of service to its clients.

Attachments

Hi all,
I have come across Yahoo real time quotes/charts facility provided by yahoo US.( We can get NSE/BSE quotes/charts from yahoo US)
It seems to be very good. It is a premium service and costs around Rs 500/- per month. I have subscribed for a trail service of one month.
I don't know about other better realtime quote/chart providers.

Please find the attached screenshots of realtime quotes and charts. (It launches an external application)

Real Time Quotes:
* Gets updated every second. (No delay compared the exchange)
* We can have many portfolios.
500 is dirt cheap compared to others who charge thousands per month
They seem to require a US credit card however.

A valid credit card billed to a U.S. address is required at registration for verification purposes.� See additional terms during registration.

Last edited:
Hi bslk,
Though they say that they require US credit card with US billing address, they will accept international credit cards during registration. There is a section to select the country.

how many days backfill do they hav????????
Hi Swagat86,
We don't need to backfill anything. Since all the data is with yahoo, we can just select the period, 1-da7,5 -days,1 month, 3 -months, ..... upto MAX....
It will show the charts accordingly. It really reduces the effort from our end to store the data in our system.

jdm

i would rather spend 5000 bucks rather waste 500 bucks on yahoo data.

just take a look at the data (attached alongwith) and you will know why. the data is sourced from the 5 days charts which yahoo provides.

Hi guys,

I think so if you just want to see charts you can get those at bseindia.com....
But its not so instant... ie It would be delayed for intraday fr nearly 15 minutes...

But its excellent for daily/weekly/monthly.... charts...
And it too has indicators.... (not so graphical) but then too gives a rough idea...)