Why is Diet Odin so slow? (video inside)

krm

Earlier I used to have this problem but later on after upgrading my RAM to 2 GB, Odin is working very effectively. May be RAM is the solution. In any case investing in RAM will improve overall functioning of your system.
Quotes on Chetan's comp and at Dealer's comp were the same dear!

Earlier I used to have this problem but later on after upgrading my RAM to 2 GB, Odin is working very effectively. May be RAM is the solution. In any case investing in RAM will improve overall functioning of your system.
I agree Ram can be a solution if there is a delay in opening charts or doing some heavy stuff. Maybe you had very low ram before. But quotes hardly uses any Ram. I have 3 times the minimum required ram. I had once visited their office and saw charts taking some 5 seconds just to open, quotes were also not refreshing quickly. Those traders in their office did have latest computers. Regarding quotes, i will visit their office and check again. But krm has already confirmed existence of delayed quotes in Odin, so i have to live with it for the time being. Since you don't have this problem can you check some heavily traded scrip tomorrow and see if quotes are as quick as Nesttrader in the video? If possible recording a 2 min video will be even more helpful.

Odin is always having delayed quote proble. Angel or RKG all odin are same. I also have checked the same with PIB. The quotes in odin are always delayed.
Currently not using Angel so cant say more.

krm
It is surprising not one has ever mentioned this before. I read about Tradetiger getting delayed quotes but never about Angel's Odin.

Hello guys,
In Angels Odin, there is hardly any activity in Market Watch and Quotes window, it is very slow. On the other hand i see Nest Trader which is so very active in Quotes, Prices, MarketWatch. Angel is severely lacking is what i have concluded. I am not knitpicking here, Odin is an insult to day traders. I even made a video at around 10:45 today. I wish i had made it at 9:40 today comparing Wockpharma quotes window of Nest and Odin, it would have been even more convincing.

In the video: http://www.4shared.com/video/SmZpNg1J/Diet_Odin_vs_Nest_Trader.html
comparison of Icici quotes from 0:07 sec
comparison of Gitanjali quotes from 1:55
comparison of Wockpharma quotes from 4:15
Angels nifty marketwatch at 6:50

What about other Angel day traders? Are you getting faster quotes? plz let me know. thanks.
All these days i was trading only in NSE scrips but today i switched to BSE scrips and was surprised with the speed of the quotes, it matched with that of AnandRathi. But the all the Scrips under NSE are still slow. The problem is definitely from Angel Broking side not my internet connection. I have mailed them.
In the meantime, can anyone confirm if they see difference in speed between scrips of NSE and BSE in Angels Diet ODin?

Finally last week they put me on a faster broadcast fcast.angelbolt.com. It is fast but in the afternoons it becomes slow like earlier, somtimes from the morning itself it is slow. Remember the slowness is only for NSE scrips. The problem is that their NSE feed itself is slow or their NSE servers are overloaded. It took me 3 months to solve this. Their customer support ppl are really stupid, they were asking me to compare the bids/ask with nseindia.com, which updates once in 10sec i believe. They run some run command and keep saying "everything is fine sir". horrible ppl. Finally some talented local branch guy picked the phone and put me on a faster broadcast. But it still slows down every now and then.

If my internet connection is really the problem then my question was why BSE scrips are not slow? they could not answer this question. So finally i decided let me check from other place and go to a cyber cafe, patiently download 5 different softwares to make diet odin run, finally it is not allowing me to log in. then i gave up and came back home. today it was fast until 1:25pm after that it became slow(bid/ask rates change once in 5 seconds). after losing some money i gave up.

yusi

Perhaps you should attempt to quantify 'slow' so that you can illustrate this to Angel. This is easily done with the Last Trade Time and Last Update Time columns available in Odin Diet market watch window. This gives an indication of where the slowness occurs -- whether between NSE and Angel's servers or between the broadcasts that Angel sends to you.

In the illustration, this is reflected in the last two columns. Nifty's last update time is 12:10:03 and this can serve as a reference time. Compared to this, Nifty Future update is 12:09:59 or delayed by about 4 seconds. Thus, the broadcasts are delayed by 4 secs compared to Nifty spot and the blame can squarely be put on your broker.

The difference between the trade and update times should not be more than 1 second allowing for rounding off. This applies to volume scrips. If this delay shows 1 or more most of the time, there is delay in the link between NSE and Angel.

My broker is RKG, so cannot help you directly except to add that the same problem applies to me. There have been occasions when my quote updates have been every second or so suddenly during the day without change of computer or network.

Also, for the last one week, I am trading on a machine with 128 MB RAM and the quotes and neither slower or faster (besides Odin Diet, QT is also running). This is to give a perspective on the RAM issue. Of course, graphs are not used.

Hey Vijay, even my experience with angel diet is pretty good. I have never faced such issues with the diet as Chetan mentioned. In fact I find it one of the best trading software available in the market today. Almost all my friends have an account with Angel broking only and all of them are using angel diet. I have never heard anyone of them complaining about angel diet being slow. Chetan, there got to be some issue with your internet connection or your PC. Try contacting your branch and see what they have to say, as Angel IT people will be able to guide you the best possible way.

Today it was really fast till 1:20pm, after that bid/ask became slow. Even the last traded time, last updated time everything was slow.
But the one thing i noticed is once the local branch guy put me on a faster broadcast there was a big change, earlier i was in diet.angelbolt.com broadcast. Now the local branch guy says nse quotes are slowing down becoz of my net connection.
One more thing, i have not subscribed to F&O, i am only allowed to trade nse/bse.

@Poulomi: I have already spoken to those i.t guys at length, the problem is most of them are really stupid to understand the problem. They are taught to give fixed answers to our problems, they don't even use their brain. It took me 3 months to get this fixed.

krm

Today it was really fast till 1:20pm, after that bid/ask became slow. Even the last traded time, last updated time everything was slow.
But the one thing i noticed is once the local branch guy put me on a faster broadcast there was a big change, earlier i was in diet.angelbolt.com broadcast. Now the local branch guy says nse quotes are slowing down becoz of my net connection.
One more thing, i have not subscribed to F&O, i am only allowed to trade nse/bse.

@Poulomi: I have already spoken to those i.t guys at length, the problem is most of them are really stupid to understand the problem. They are taught to give fixed answers to our problems, they don't even use their brain. It took me 3 months to get this fixed.
Chetan,

Why dont you try any other broker who offers now from nse?

Just open only trading account, compare the quotes. NOW is really fast. But problem is the charting of NOW is worst.

Regards
krm

Chetan,

Why dont you try any other broker who offers now from nse?

Just open only trading account, compare the quotes. NOW is really fast. But problem is the charting of NOW is worst.

Regards
krm
I have Nest Trader of Anand Rathi for fast quotes. When ever Diet odin slows down i open Nest trader for quotes. Switching between screens and putting entry slows me down, and i enter late. that i why i am trying to get this solved, otherwise i would have used Nest for quotes and Odin for trades and charts. I want a cheap brokerage all in one solution. Angel Broking and Diet Odin fits except for the slowness which i mentioned after 1:20.