ODIN Diet Slowdown/Hang

milind

Hi Folks,

I am using a Thinkpad T42 with 1GB memory. I start my ODIN session in the morning at market open. I starts slowing down by about 11:30AM and a hang (I have to kill process) in another half hour. The memory consumed by ODIN diet at this point is over 100MB. I am able to restart only after I clean up all the data files.

Has anyone else experienced the same and found a solution?

Thanks,

-- Milind

milind

Reinstalled the software, but no change in the hang/slowness behavior. I think memory is the issue, and excessive memory is consumed because I have 5-7 securities open in the charts. But still, 100MB for the process shouldn't have been a problem when I have 1GB total DRAM.

-- Milind

R

ratan jain

Reinstalled the software, but no change in the hang/slowness behavior. I think memory is the issue, and excessive memory is consumed because I have 5-7 securities open in the charts. But still, 100MB for the process shouldn't have been a problem when I have 1GB total DRAM.

-- Milind
remove from registry also

Slowness of odin depends more on speed of internet and connectivity to server.
In case of slowness go to tools, broadcast serever connect and disconnect then connect to server.

if you want to speed up odin client THEN close all other running background program and also while running odin program make its priority high by the task manager .. thats all... i am doing this also

Flock

-- Milind
Hi,

This problem exists in ODIN. Gives problems if multiple charts are open. Which version are you using? Internet connection speed is not as big an issue as it is designed to run fine in low bandwidth.

I have used it on a centrino laptop with just 256 MB RAM, but windows used to give memory warning in between, even with one chart open. That was ver 7. I suspect ver 7 has memory leak problem. Now I use ver 9 and things are a little better.

Rgds

milind

Hi,

This problem exists in ODIN. Gives problems if multiple charts are open. Which version are you using? Internet connection speed is not as big an issue as it is designed to run fine in low bandwidth.

I have used it on a centrino laptop with just 256 MB RAM, but windows used to give memory warning in between, even with one chart open. That was ver 7. I suspect ver 7 has memory leak problem. Now I use ver 9 and things are a little better.

Rgds
With trial and error, I figured out what combination (# of charts etc) works. Yes it is version 7.

-- Milind