Why dont we get real time data, i tell you

Hello TIA,
I searched several threads last night and came up with some but most of the companies offering were offering charting.....capability.....there could be some which still offer it raw.....like on a spreadsheet since I would love to import it to something else.

As to free broker, there are plenty here in the United States but always comes with that dreaded thing called SPREAD. I would rather pay my $2.50 per trade than go face the torture of $20 to $40 in spread.. but hey, $2.50 in commissions per trade was unheard of years ago. And I know some people who trade more get it even cheaper......

Regards
Shreenath

Intraday data is available, and has been available for many years now, but you have to pay a price for it. Free like everyone wants is not available

In the meanwhile, if anyone knows of a free broker,

TIA

Hello TIA,
I searched several threads last night and came up with some but most of the companies offering were offering charting.....capability.....there could be some which still offer it raw.....like on a spreadsheet since I would love to import it to something else.

As to free broker, there are plenty here in the United States but always comes with that dreaded thing called SPREAD. I would rather pay my $2.50 per trade than go face the torture of $20 to $40 in spread.. but hey, $2.50 in commissions per trade was unheard of years ago. And I know some people who trade more get it even cheaper......

Regards
Shreenath
There are several who offer data in spreadsheet, one of them is a leading data company in the US, and then I know of at least 2 Indian companies that offer it too.

As for free broker, ideally would like one in India that is totally free. If one can expect free data, what is the harm in expecting free brokerage, or for that matter even a free computer (after all they cost far less then the annual cost of a good data feed)

Hello
Never mind, someone was kind enough to give me the link for NIfty what I was looking for. What I gathered is that a few of the brokers who offer day trading in India offer delayed intraday data.....which doesnt make any sense......and worse, it doesnt make any sense to trade with them.

I HAVE NEVER EXPECTED FREE LIVE DATA. In fact I've been spending exchange minimums for CBOT, CME, ICE, NYSE and NASDAQ(exchange minimums are set here and offered by every broker who offers a trading platform for the same price) for YEARS.....SO THIS IS NOT NEW TO ME.

I never said there's harm in expecting free brokerage(except those brokers probably) and in life you GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

It's a shame that you can't find free brokers in India since you seem to want a broker who doesn't charge you commission. Concept of free brokerage firm has never been heard of here in the United States at least until the advent of Forex. Forex brokerage firms offering no commission trading are dime a dozen and I'm glad I've not fallen prey to anyone of them.....always willing to pay a decent/small commission for better fills and tighter spreads.....

Now that I've got the data I'm out of here. Good Luck in your quest for free brokerage.

{Majority of the
There are several who offer data in spreadsheet, one of them is a leading data company in the US, and then I know of at least 2 Indian companies that offer it too.

As for free broker, ideally would like one in India that is totally free. If one can expect free data, what is the harm in expecting free brokerage, or for that matter even a free computer (after all they cost far less then the annual cost of a good data feed)
)

Last edited:
Religare or sharekhan or no one one can provide real time data. Not even reliance money whoe's coustemer is i am for ahead of these firm or any body .
You need matastock or other trading analysing tool what your poCket allows like i another recommendation is omnitrader , visual trader but best is metastock 10.1 pro with qc data center . These are analysing tool . Not real time data provider so now you listen carefully. subscribe with nse, bse otherwise you got 15 to 20 minute dealayed data for subscribtion nse fees is 20.75 $ and for bse 13.50 $ for month they connect you direct with bolt terminal so you get ahead of all brokrage house that they provide. In another way

metastock + qc data center cost 1 lakh + nse,bse sbscribtion 2500 rs + broadband connection at least 1000 rs + broker house subscribtion .
That 4 thing is needed for ahead.
Pls post reply
thanks
I don't think you are correct. All fingers are not equal. All brokers using the ODIN platform, PIB from India Bulls and I guess even the web based HDFC & ICICIdirect, are almost realtime.

By that I mean, yes the data is relayed through the broker. So there would be some delay made there, especially during peak hours & heavy trading days or during short periods when the broker in question has acquired a lot of customers and has not yet scaled his hardware. Sometimes there would be brokers who would release data on the wire in seconds or part of seconds, instead of ticks in real time, to save on their bandwidth costs. In such a case there may be a few ticks missing, but what tick does come would be real-time, of course building in the broker delay noted here.

So, shop around, find the best and give him your business and post to forums such as this and get him more business and make sure he knows why. Collectively. as customers spread the word that quality services will be rewarded and cheapskates will loose business. And then, and only then, my friend, you will see a general rise in the quality of service

That said, yes, Data direct on a exchange connected terminal would be fastest and most complete, whether BOLT or NSE. But, it is EXPENSIVE.

There are two other options here and out of them one does not exist yet, here in India. One, trade in your brokers office...you can do this if you give him oodles of brokerage and have a god relationship with him and...i guess if you are in a small city.

Second is to be a part of a Proprietary Trading Firm..one which has full infrastructure including direct exchange feeds and trade in their office. As I mentioned there's one catch...you will have to find one. I don't think there are any in India.

s^3

Religare or sharekhan or no one one can provide real time data. Not even reliance money whoe's coustemer is i am for ahead of these firm or any body .
You need matastock or other trading analysing tool what your poCket allows like i another recommendation is omnitrader , visual trader but best is metastock 10.1 pro with qc data center . These are analysing tool . Not real time data provider so now you listen carefully. subscribe with nse, bse otherwise you got 15 to 20 minute dealayed data for subscribtion nse fees is 20.75 $ and for bse 13.50 $ for month they connect you direct with bolt terminal so you get ahead of all brokrage house that they provide. In another way

metastock + qc data center cost 1 lakh + nse,bse sbscribtion 2500 rs + broadband connection at least 1000 rs + broker house subscribtion .
That 4 thing is needed for ahead.
Pls post reply
thanks

Trade tiger from sharekhan is somewhat real time ( within a second or two ... if not heavy traffic.. it just stops ( and worse - it disconnects you if traffic is heavy )

kdhrubo

We are coming out with a product web based hosted with near realtime NSE data and charts.
We will release in 2 months.
Subscription will be Rs 500 per month - also includes different indicators, intraday calls, ideas all you want.

kthakker0

Try www.truedataindia.com they charge 546/- pm and you can get the RT NSE/BSE thru yahoo or odin or PIB from Indiabulls if you have an account with Indiabulls. You can import the RT data directly in MetaStock above ver 7.0 I m using for last 5 months and it been a an undispensible tool for me i cant think of trading without it.

They also give a free demo account for 7 days for which you should have a yahoo id

Go grab it