Why amibroker dont support Moving average greater than 300?

Why amibroker dont support Moving average greater than 300? When I click on chart parameter and increase the period for MA it goes max to 300. Even when I have more than 2000 candles. And I also tried by editing formula and increasing the value of Periods = Param("Periods", 400, 2, 400, 1, 10 ); Still not working. And I am asking for Ma graph with price candles not ma crossover buy/sell signal in afl. Please help

amitrandive

Why amibroker dont support Moving average greater than 300? When I click on chart parameter and increase the period for MA it goes max to 300. Even when I have more than 2000 candles. And I also tried by editing formula and increasing the value of Periods = Param("Periods", 400, 2, 400, 1, 10 ); Still not working. And I am asking for Ma graph with price candles not ma crossover buy/sell signal in afl. Please help
Ami can plot moving average for any number,

Check the image plotting moving average of 700.
Just change the parameters of the MA

Code:
_SECTION_BEGIN("EMA");
P = ParamField("Price field",-1);
Periods = Param("Periods", 15, 2, 700, 1, 10 );

trash

How many nonsense do you wanna spread around here?
Do you wanna break the Internet record for "No.1 nonsense poster of the year"?
If so then congratulations you are on the right track then.

As for the facts:
If you wanna update an edited code being applied on chart then it is wrong to click save button i.e. to update parameter edits. You have to click Apply button! Save buttons save only. Apply button saves and applies/updates code.

http://amibrokerforum.proboards.com/thread/69/updating-parameters-applied-afls

So what have we learned once again today?
Exactly, we've learned searching for own limitations first.
So in addition a better fitting thread title would have been:
"Why am I too much incompetent to apply/update edited code?" or similar ones.

it;s good to ask question.... and clear your doubts :)

there is always angles that will help u and so comes along the devils:)

Well now u no longer are stupid and if anyone asks u again can u plot Moving average greater than 300 your answer will be yes lol

see u are noi longer stupid.

when u don;t know something u are stupid. when u know something u no longer are !! so never be afraid to ask :)

trash

it;s good to ask question.... and clear your doubts :)

there is always angles that will help u and so comes along the devils:)

Well now u no longer are stupid and if anyone asks u again can u plot Moving average greater than 300 your answer will be yes lol

see u are noi longer stupid.

when u don;t know something u are stupid. when u know something u no longer are !! so never be afraid to ask :)
You are wrong too, selfish software pirate. You are not stupid if you don't know something. So it may be good to ask but it is stupid to do stupid things. Is the thread title a stupid question/thing? Yes, it is as the original poster clearly tries to outsmart everyone else (even tries to outsmart the software developer) despite of knowing nothing. Why? Because he is part of a group who can't accept his limitations but instead wants to shine with ignorance and by showing a "It can't be true that I'm wrong here"-egomania (posts history underlines it). So in the end it's rather an insult of the intelligence of readers (being the real smarter ones). Not a good idea.

BTW, "... dont support Moving average greater than 300" doesn't even make sense - translated to MA(array, period) > period. Just to remember we talk about a guy who's claimed having studied C++ programming. Wonderful contradiction or in short we are back to "... in the end it's rather an insult of the intelligence of readers".

Anyway a good question would have been "How to set a higher value for MA period parameter?" (better than posting false facts hidden in pseudo questions) or maybe even better "Where can I learn reading so that I am able to explore the software documentation?".

Last edited:
well with all said lets keep it to topic. my comments are not directly towards anyone . it;s in general :)
Yes today i can say i am using same version as u do :) amibroker v5.9 :xD
Hate the code Not me :) bwt Nieo-uRet did that not me .
i am called selfish (smiles) . i have the file in Google drive whoever wants it ;can find it.

You might be big shot ; u might know even c++ languages java viva tiva lol
that doesn;t give u right to insult anyone.
I know how to get my job done without knowing any of those (google is my best friend lol)

i prefer to be dumb if intelligence means to look down on someone.There was one time u was noob too don;t forget it .I am noob forever that's different story

anyways this topic is closed as poster cleared his doubt already

i am always believer of "If Freedom i outlawed ; only outlawed will have freedom"

Last edited:

bunti_k23

How many nonsense do you wanna spread around here?
Do you wanna break the Internet record for "No.1 nonsense poster of the year"?
If so then congratulations you are on the right track then.

As for the facts:
If you wanna update an edited code being applied on chart then it is wrong to click save button i.e. to update parameter edits. You have to click Apply button! Save buttons save only. Apply button saves and applies/updates code.

http://amibrokerforum.proboards.com/thread/69/updating-parameters-applied-afls

So what have we learned once again today?
Exactly, we've learned searching for own limitations first.
So in addition a better fitting thread title would have been:
"Why am I too much incompetent to apply/update edited code?" or similar ones.
:lol::lol::lol::rofl: sala rep padke hasi nikal gayi ,sai hai bhai....