Which one is the Best?

U

uasish

See the street smart from back alleys of Delhi scratching his head to figure out the Right side,and like most kolkatans being happy on the Left side.

beginner_av

And who knows,may be Montecarlo and martingles(or anti) are waiting alongwith the idea of 'flawed methods' but 'proper money management' to start........:eek: slow poisioning is what I call it.
Well Joy,

If you really want to be a successful trader, you better learn these concepts which people with learning disabilities and myopia wont understand ever and see as slow poison (and poke their di--s in replies to someone else's post). Without using these techniques, sooner than later you will be against a wall. I started some years back just like you and then went through the grind and drubbing by the market and was eventually took time to understand all these concepts. If you can start off understanding these, there will be nothing like it.
If you want to just learn technical analysis, pick up a Murphy or Magee or ideally Pring.
And always have an open mind and be willing to learn, but be careful about whose advice you are taking (including mine). What jerky imbeciles see as slow poisoning is the essential tool for survival for successful traders in the brutal war of trading.

Regards

vince

abtl for range traders

the other one for trend traders

but all this is possible only looking at the chart on the left side....

when at hard right edge, we can sometimes never make head or tails wether the scrip is trending or in a trading range
Exactly the point I am trying to make Ratan. If you are uncertain about a chart to begin with why bother trading it.

beginner_av

Hey Vince,

Can you have 100% probability about any chart about what is going to happen next? There'll always be uncertainty. Else nobody wil take the other side of the trade!

vince

No there is no question of 100% probability. Which one would you pick , a trending chart where the direction is evident or one that's just noise? Or do you have a random entry method?

beginner_av

Let me try to answer

1. As an options writer I love noise. Anyway thats a different matter. All these concepts of noise, trends etc are relative. Trend relativity is a concept that we cant ignore. What you see as noise on a daily chart can give good trend signals (MA or whatever) on a 5-min or 1-min chart.
2. The problem with trending is that if you enter a trend today, tomorrow you dont know whether it will continue or not. So as Ratan says, it is the left that you can see...what about the right? Yes you can define it as a high probaility trade, not certainty. If one could pick trends with certainty, he would have found the holy grail. I am a breakout trader, so I know this aspect very well. You can call it a trend only much after the event has happened.
3. Random entry method is the ultimate method for testing systems. Because the worst thing that can happen to you is entering randomly. Do check out Stridsman to see the effects of money management on Random entry. This is not Blackjack where the decks are fixed and you can count cards. So in a way, all systems are random. You just enter on high probability trades. Unlike blackjack, you assign probabilities on assumptions/data mining/earnings expectation/extrapolation/time series forecast/sentiment whatever you want to use, not solid counts of events and chances. In a deck there are 4 cards of 10s, no more, no less. Not in case of stock prices.
Now check the charts that you have posted.
now1 -> what will you do at this point?
now2 -> enough movements for short-ternm traders following range methods.

Regards

Attachments

vince

I trade options too but thats not relevent. Nor are we talking time frames. Trends exist in all timeframes.

The point I am making is once a trend has been identified and it can be done very early on in the trend , you can only be wrong only once in a trend time as against trading noise where you can be wrong a multiple number of times.

And most importantly not to forget the original question , you do not need a magical indicator to do it.

I do not believe in random entry , I am a trader not a gambler.

Last edited:
H

hari09omkar

from my analysis even with a flawed system .......with a proper money management technique, you can start off pretty well ........
YOU ARE GIVING SUGGESTION LIKE THIS AND HOPING TO GET APPLAUDS????
I HAVEN'T CRITICISED THE MONTECARLOS AND MARTINGLES......I AM NOT IN A POSITION TO DO THAT TOO.....I KNOW THEY HAVE A GREAT ROLE TO PLAY IN TRADING STRATEGIES.....NEITHER I DISCARD THEM.....I AM A GREAT FOLLOWER OF NEW MONEY MANAGEMENT IDEAS....BUT REMEMBER EXCEPT FOR GOOD SOFTWARE PRODUCTS IN HAND LIKE TRADESTATION OR TRADESIM OR MANY RENOWNED ONES TO PLAY WITH THESE IDEAS OF YOURS IS A JOKE,I GUESS......YOU SAID THE WORD 'START'......REMOVE THAT AND YOUR IDEA IS A GOOD ONE...A STARTER SHOULD START WITH PRICE,VOLUME AND OPEN INTEREST WITH A SOFTWARE IN HAND WITH PROGRAMMING KNOWLEDGE TO BACKTEST....A GOOD MONEY MANAGEMENT WITH A 'FLAWED' METHOD TO 'START OFF' IS WHAT I CALL A SLOW POISON BECAUSE IT WILL TEACH ONE TO LOSE MONEY IN A SYSTEMATIC AND SLOW RATE......MONEY MANAGEMENT IS THE PART OF THE GAME,NOT THE HEART.......AND BEFORE TELLING SOMEONE
learning disabilities and myopia
BE ASSURED THAT YOU ARE MOST LIKELY BE MAKING A MOCKERY OF YOURSELF IN MOST OF THE TIME.....

H

hari09omkar

What jerky imbeciles see as slow poisoning is the essential tool for survival for successful traders in the brutal war of trading.
WHAT A GESTURE!!
YOURS IS A VERY GOOD GAUGING TECHNIQUE BEGINNER_AV....THIS TIME I AM CONVINCED ABOUT YOUR TECHNICAL FORESIGHT....ABOUT ME....I AM AN IMBECILE......A LAST BENCHER OF THE UNIVERSITY......A STUPID.....THAT TOO JERKY....GOOD.....I ACCEPT THE FACT THAT I AM AN IDIOT. BUT NOT TO THAT EXTENT THAT I WILL CALL A FELLOW FORUM MEMBER AN IMBECILE OR STUPID.....I CAN CERTAINLY CALL MYSELF THAT.BUT NOT TO YOU MY FRIEND.....MAY BE YOU ARE ACTING LIKE THAT....BUT MY ETIQUETTE DOESN'T ALLOW ME .....
(and poke their di--s in replies to someone else's post).
AND THIS IS ENOUGH TO INDULGE THE MODERATOR TO WARN AND DELETE THIS NONSENSE OF YOURS.DISGUSTING. IS THIS FORUM BECOMING MORE A SLANG GARDEN THAN A LEARNING PLACE?

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hari09omkar

IF SOMEBODY IS INTERESTED IN TAKING TRADING AS A PROFESSION,I GUESS IT WILL BE THE MOST DIFFICULT TASK FOR A LONELY PERSON AND A DISCONNECTED PERSON(FROM THE INTERNET) TO ACHIEVE THE GOAL IN QUICK TIME.WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE OTHERS AND LISTENING TO THE EXPERIENCE OF THE PEER GROUP,HE WILL TAKE MANY TIME ....LOSE HEAVILY......ALEXANDER ELDER ONCE HAD BEEN TAKEN TO THE WALL WHEN HE WAS LEFT WITH ONLY 100$ IN HIS ACCOUNT,AND HE WAS HAPPY TO SAY THIS TO HIS STUDENTS LATER.....
I KNOW AN ENGINEER,WHO TOOK 20,000 RUPEES FROM HIS FATHER TO TRADE.IN THE EARLY NINETIES.THEN,THERE WAS NO NSE.CALCUTTA STOCK EXCHANGE AND BOMBAY STOCK EXCHANGE WERE ACTIVE. ECONOMIC TIMES REGULARLY USED TO POST CSE REPORTS......
HE WAS A YOUNG LAD,DIDN'T PASS HIS 10th TILL. TRADING WAS USED TO BE IN THE HALL.
HE LOST 18,000/- .
HOW TO SHOW HIS FACE TO HIS FATHER?
TRIED TO LEARN THE ART. MADE A FORTUNE. NOW HE EARNED MORE THAN 80 LAKHS......NOT FROM HIS FATHER'S GIFTS....IT WAS HIS INCOME.
GOT A BIT ARROGANT.....LOST 77 LAKHS.
HE SAID TO ME THAT - IT WAS NOT THAT HE WAS UNKNOWN TO THE TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE......BUT HE IGNORED SOME POINTS.
NOW HE STARTED AGAIN.....
HE SAYS IT WAS ONLY AFTER 2001 THAT HE LEARNT TO 'TALK' WITH THE CHARTS....SOMEDAYS 14 HOURS FOR READING THE CHARTS.
HE IS A BRILLIANT TRADER. MAY BE A SUPER TRADER.I AM LUCKY TO HAVE SOME GUYS LIKE HIM IN PERSONAL CONTACT TO LEARN.
MAY BE HIS TEACHINGS ARE NOT RELEVANT IN THIS CONTEXT BUT MAY BE IF THIS IS HELPFULL TO ANYONE......HUMBLENESS IS AN ESSENTIAL PART OF LEARNING....."IT IS THE EASIEST THING TO ATTAIN GOD,BUT WHAT IS DIFFICULT IS TO FIND SOMEONE WHO KNOWS EMPHETICALLY THAT ATTAINMENT OF GOD IS EASY" - AND IF SOMEBODY FINDS SOMEONE LIKE THIS ,HE MADE HALF HIS JOURNEY TO THE ATTAINMENT OF TRUTH.
LIKE SPIRITUALITY,IN TRADING TOO,THE PERSON WITH A VERY GOOD UNDERSTANDING OF PRICE AND TIME,AND WHO KNOWS THIS JOB IS EASY,IS A RARE......TO FIND OUT THIS KIND OF PEOPLE IS MORE DIFFICULT.....
I CAN TEACH TRADING SUCCESSFULLY NOW IN THREE HOURS TO ANYBODY,BUT THE NEXT JOURNEY IS STARTING FROM THERE......THIS TRADING WORLD HAS NO SECRET........THE PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTANDS THAT,DOESN'T CARE TO TELL OTHERS THAT.....
STARTERS MUST HAVE A SOUND KNOWLEDGE OF MONEY MANAGEMENT FIRST AND A KNOWLEDGE OF 'TREND','RANGE'.......NO INDICATOR KNOWLEDGE IS REQUIRED TO TRADE SUCCESSFULLY DAY AFTER DAY.....
WHEN TRADING RANGE ONE CAN STUDY SOME OSCILATORS AND INNOVATE SOME.......BUT THE CHART IS FOREMOST IMPORTANT......AND RESPECTING OTHERS TOO....

Last edited by a moderator: