Which one is better laptop ?

niftytaurus

Inviting fresh suggestions for laptop for trading, don't want to start a new thread.

Requirements/Usage :

Price : upto Rs. 25000/-

Usage : for trading when out of town. So, full trading session (9am to 3.30) + 2 hours

Software : Sharekhan TT, Nest trader, NOW

HDD : I think 500Gb is enough

RAM : I think 4 GB should do it. Won't 2 GB be a bit slow.​

What other details should I consider ? CPU heat ??

I am not very comfortable with the laptop keyboards, being an old fashioned keyboard wrestler for 25 years :). But I think I will adapt.
Hi Timepass bhai
I have been using acer for last 3 years.all configuration is same..it comes under price band of 25k..even In my family, we bought 2 more acer laptop without any problem..
Dont buy atom processor..it will not give better performance in trading..
I am telling this from my experience..I had bought the most expensive laptops also..from companies like HP ...but they ditched me in 1 year & the parts are very costly..
Then I have decided for lowest price ..i bought acer &bought 3 year gurantee with it..so 3 years no tension..TOUCHWOOD! It Didnt give any problem ..so I bought another 2 from same company..They also working fine...but dont buy mini laptops..its not good for trading..
Buy from authorised dealer of acer..
hope it helps

Hi ,
i don't recommend laptop for trading . If you want Laptop for Trading Go for AMD Processor A8 or A10 it will come with Graphics on Board . But You need Ram At least 6 Gb not less than that . Amd processors are cheaper than Intel Based System but Give more Performance . I am Using AMD Based laptops from more than 5 years Never Get Single problem .

TracerBullet

Hi ,
i don't recommend laptop for trading . If you want Laptop for Trading Go for AMD Processor A8 or A10 it will come with Graphics on Board . But You need Ram At least 6 Gb not less than that . Amd processors are cheaper than Intel Based System but Give more Performance . I am Using AMD Based laptops from more than 5 years Never Get Single problem .
Disagree with just about everything ...
1) Graphics on Board, what difference does this make for trading?
2) 6 Gb not less than that. Why? Is 4gb not enough? Which trading application uses that much?
3) "Amd processors are cheaper than Intel Based System but Give more Performance"
My guess is that you meant for games using integrated graphics. Most other cases - AMD is far behind.
4) "I am Using AMD Based laptops from more than 5 years Never Get Single problem"
I have used AMD based laptops twice, including current one. Had problems with both overheating - but this is a function of laptop manufactorer. Processors rarely go bad unless you are doing something stupid. AMD discrete GPUs not so reliable for me ...

I would say get a cheap less that 25k intel pentium / i3 based laptop and check specs based on need.

Also avoid Lenovo, some of their models are infected with spyware. Or just install Windows from scratch if you get one.

I have heard of AMD's problems with overheating, even in its older avatar of Cyrix CPUs. But how many hours do you guys use the laptop for trading ? full session ?

Also, I have heard that if you remove the battery from the laptop and run it directly from the electric socket, the overheating is taken care of and it can endure really long sittings. Has anyone tried it ?

Edit : Checked the prices of i3 processor laptops on and off the internet. It is above 25000 everywhere. Seems like the best available within this budget is quad core, or increase the budget to 30000.

pakatil

I have used Dell ( Intel) , Toshiba ( AMD) for abt 3 - 4 years couple of years back. They would be on from 9.00 AM to 4.00 PM.........

Cant precisely talk abt heating as I never kept on Laps. Used always table to keep them.

Never had any problems.

Cheers :D

TracerBullet

I have heard of AMD's problems with overheating, even in its older avatar of Cyrix CPUs. But how many hours do you guys use the laptop for trading ? full session ?

Also, I have heard that if you remove the battery from the laptop and run it directly from the electric socket, the overheating is taken care of and it can endure really long sittings. Has anyone tried it ?

Edit : Checked the prices of i3 processor laptops on and off the internet. It is above 25000 everywhere. Seems like the best available within this budget is quad core, or increase the budget to 30000.
The problem is due to inferior cpu paste that goes bad after a year and can also be due to dust buildup if chasis is bad. See here

You will only notice it if you stress test it using games / video encoding etc. Even then you may not notice much if you dont monitor temps and dont have it on lap, perhaps see only that the fan is loud.

Anyway, for simple charts, amd/intel are both good enough although intel is better. Even pentium processors i think will be better single threaded than entry level amd.

You dont need quad core / i5 for trading ( unless you have specific case for using all four cores )
Since this is your backup computer, i think a cheap laptop with intel pentium dual core is more than enough - depending on what prices you get and other configurations. I am not expert on laptop models so i cant recommend one. HP dv6 was decent model.

Steve

Been using an Acer i3 for past four years, for past one year laptop is on for
more than 14 hrs at a stretch. No issues. Every six months I change the cpu heatsink
compound-paste (thermal paste) and clean the fan and free laptop from dust. Learned
this from google. During summer I use a cool pad. Dust and improper ventilation can
bugger the best of laptops.
For normal trading you don't really need a high end laptop.

TP.

My frnd bot this.........Lenovo Ideapad G50-30, yday from paytm for 20 K.......
He is very happy with it. Have a look and decide.

Cheers....:D
Has your friend received his laptop ? Everything installed and working ok ??

MY advice to all my bros

laptop are things of past now,

I bought ACER W4 821

it is superb with all day long battary and runs all sw :clap:

has inbuilt sim so need of dongle :clapping: