• Hathaway

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • YOU (Previously Iqara)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 14 10.1%

• Total voters

vasa1

I use BSNL broadband. Good speed 8 MBPS. Great price 280 p.m. for 1 GB, and around 98% uptime.....
Sir, is this ADSL or something different? I'm paying BSNL Rs. 250 pm (+ST) for ADSL (over standard telephone line), speed only upto 2 MBPS and 1 GB upload+download.

hi friends
I use AIRTEL GPRS (mobile office). the download speed is max. 6kbps. 1 MB download takes nearly 4 min. will any one help me to increase this download speed.
thanks in advance
RANJITSINGH66

VJAY

hi friends
I use AIRTEL GPRS (mobile office). the download speed is max. 6kbps. 1 MB download takes nearly 4 min. will any one help me to increase this download speed.
thanks in advance
RANJITSINGH66
Hi ranjit,
are you using airtel GPRS to trade online?If so please give details of performance.eg.is price update ,chart update order excution time etc.

Also please also give info abt how to config it to PC from mob.

Regards
VJAY

hi vjay
I am using AIRTEL GPRS service for more than 1 year. there is no problem in running TTADV(india infoline) or tradeanywhere software.Running ODIN is not satisfactory. it hangs.You can connect your pc with mobile via datacable or bluetooth. In some places you will get EDGE service which gives 20kbps against 6 kbps of GPRS.
I hope it will help you
RANJITSINGH66

Last edited:

VJAY

hi vjay
I am using AIRTEL GPRS service for more than 1 year. there is no problem in running TTADV(india infoline) or tradeanywhere software.Running ODIN is not satisfactory. it hangs.You can connect your pc with mobile via datacable or bluetooth. In some places you will get EDGE service which gives 20kbps against 6 kbps of GPRS.
I hope it will help you
RANJITSINGH66
Thanks Ranjit,
If possible please give an suggestion for handset which I can use for the same.Eg.minimum rabge.

Regards
VJAY

HI VJAY
you can use any mobile set which has GPRS (OR EDGE) WITH DATACABLE (OR BLUETOOTH) facility. I am presently using SAMSUNG C130.But NOKIA 3110C (Rs. 4700 Approx.) model has EDGE and bluetooh which provides 20kbps data transfer rate .IT is the cheapest and best NOKIA handset for this purpose.You can trade online using TTADV or TRADEANYWHERE with this internet speed . I hope this will help you.
thanks and regards
RANJITSINGH66

Last edited:

VJAY

Thanks Ranjith.Apreciate your prompt reply to my querries.

Regards
VJAY

amar_gr

I have been using BSNL 256kps from Jan 2005 but recently switched to using Tata Indicom as my primary connection for the last 5 months.
Speed 128kbps, unlimited data download plan. It has generally been reliable and good. I have a wireless modem and use it for my laptop and desktop simultaneously, as I am following the commodities and NSE together. I find the speed adequate for intraday data feed.

The customer service is horrible, very pathetic. So if you face downtime its trouble. For this I have BSNL 256kbps Broadband as a backup connection, data download is 1GB per month.

Generally BSNL connection provides very good speeds and is excellent value for money. The problem I face with BSNL is specific to my building due to extended cable length.
Often in our area BSNL service is erratic, hence have Tata as my primary service connection.