columbus

Few years back ,an question was asked in this forum,which brokerage is good?,
even ,a good internet connection is prerequisite for successful trading.There
are number of players in this field.

A good internet connection is defined, in terms of

a.Speed

b.Connectivity

c. Customer service ,.........etc.

By the way ,what connection do you have ??????

Last edited:

pakatil

I am using BSNL Broadband, since its inception (Jan 2005). Generally good speed & good connectivity. Some minor hiccups yes. Can't say about Customer Service, because never felt the dire need. I am told by others that it is very bad. Luckily never had a taste of it.:D

I am sure there will be many to bombard me, but this is my experience.

Cheers

oxusmorouz

I am using BSNL Broadband, since its inception (Jan 2005). Generally good speed & good connectivity. Some minor hiccups yes. Can't say about Customer Service, because never felt the dire need. I am told by others that it is very bad. Luckily never had a taste of it.:D

Cheers
After the Chennai rains last month, the telephone cables in my area got burnt due to short circuiting. BSNL had to get an approval from their finance department to fund for the new cable wires and it took them two weeks to get the job done. Quite often, the BSNL employees have no clue about internet and the only answer I've been hearing for lack of connectivity is "server problem"! The customer service is awful.

Last edited:

kkseal

Yep the service is awful & people in charge are totally ignorant.

I also have a TataIndicom connection but the speed is poor (use it as a backup)

How are the other options? Experiences welcome.

columbus

Cheers
pakatil / oxy,

Thanks for inputs.

Earlier ,4 years back, I had INTERNET connection from local cable
operator.It was simply HORRIBLE.The movement I got connected to
internet,all kinds of VIRUS used to attack my system.I was not aware
of the reason.Couple of times I got my HARD disk formatted because
of this.

Later I shifted to YOU telecom. It is based in SURAT.4 years back ,they o
ffered me 40kbps connection for Rs.500.Now they are charging Rs 800
for 90kbps line.

I think ,I am paying a bit extra.Their speed is a bit slow.(Speeds UPTO
256 kbps is a TRAP).

They provide STEADY speed.Connectivity is good.Customer service is good.
In case of repair ,they provide connection before the deadline they give.
If one lose connection on FRIDAY ,it won't be rectified till Monday morning.
That is their only drawback.This happens hardly happens once in a month.

rkkarnani

Using Airtel Broadband. Excellent service. Yes at times slow, but rarely. Breakdowns:yes, quiet rare. Service : Very good. Immediate action.

Reliance : Using USB net connection on move or as a back up. Never faced probelm.

Laksh

I'm using BSNL broadband as my main internet connection. I use Airtel and Reliance 133kbps through bluetooth and datacables as back ups. Bsnl broad band speed is good in general but it is not unusual for it to slow down and even stop working during heavy trading. Sudden disconnection in the middle of trading has also occured a few times. It remains non-functional about 2 days in a month on the average. some months back their cable got damaged due to some road repair work and it took them one-and-a-half month to recommission the service. No consideration on monthly rental for the no-service period on the broadband inspite of written application. It is often very difficult for me to get access to my usage data for several days ( I am passing through one for last several days). Of the 2 back up 133kbps connection the Airtel connection seems to be better in my area though they are much slower than the broadband connection. Of the three service providers Airtel seems to be the one with the best customer service and the least hassle.

Laksh

kkseal

Airtels 666 & 777 Combo schemes seem to offer the best balance of usage limit & speed. Even the 555 scheme would suffice. But what does 'Combo' mean exactly?

ashu1234

Well I use Reliance connection, USB data card as well as its broadband which comes with dish. both are good. But planning to shift to 3G connection which MTNL in Delhi may offer in 2-3 months. But I've seen BSNL offering its 3G Deta Card connectin with 2mbps speed at around 550 per month(thts awesome!!!) Hope we delhites finally get our 3G Hassel free connections soon......