What is your Edge ?

stumper

Well as you say , Edge can't be subjective.Agreed.
Now my edge is my price action reading skill and discipline.Now how does one quantify it objectively? I don't say that its impossible, but I am ignorant on it, and anyway what more will I get after quantifying it? May be I can increase the magnitude.
Thank you for your comments.

As i said, this thread is not about defining what exactly is "Edge" or to judge others.

I just wanted to see what people perceive their Edge to be ... and maybe i can get some help incorporating it in my own strategy.

Thanks Again.

As i said, this thread is not about defining what exactly is "Edge" or to judge others.

I just wanted to see what people perceive their Edge to be ... and maybe i can get some help incorporating it in my own strategy.

Thanks Again.
Well that is simple (plz note that simple is not equal to easy)

1. Decide on a method suitable for you (Time frame is the most important consideration when finalizing a system)

2. Decide on a money management suitable for you (here Risk per trade is the most important consideration)

3. Implement the system / method (Develop discipline to take all the signals, & discipline comes by doing)

Cheers
::thumb::

Last edited:

stumper

Well that is simple (plz note that simple is not equal to easy)

1. Decide on a method suitable for you (Time frame is the most important consideration when finalizing a system)

2. Decide on a money management suitable for you (here Risk per trade is the most important consideration)

3. Implement the system / method (Develop discipline to take all the signals, & discipline comes by doing)

Cheers
::thumb::
Thank You.

You almost made me fell off the chair. ;)

Not sure if you have gone through the full chain. I do consider myself a professional trader.

The thread is geared towards knowing how people perceive their edge... and so far people have indicated it as being subjective, maybe not quantifiable (discipline, strategy, risk control, etc) but something they feel has contributed in positive expectancy.

trump

Thanks Again.
As far as my experience goes, you can't borrow someone else's edge and make it your own, you hv to find one for your own self, edge is very tiny whether quantifiable or not and that will work wonders.Although no one will give their edge as such, although many can hint and help us to explore in the right direction.Yeah we are not here to define edge or to prove anything, rightly put brother.Those who are striving for glory in trading are simply deluding their ownself.:D

Niranjanam

Market Edge is knowing where the orders are.
Your success as a trader will depend on how efficient you are at it.
To find your Edge, think order flow.

mastermind007

deleted post

deletedd

EagleOne

Market Edge is knowing where the orders are.
Your success as a trader will depend on how efficient you are at it.
To find your Edge, think order flow.
Wow, the second best post on TJ I read in as many days by the same guy.
You, my friend, deserve Lao Tzu quote as your signature line. :thumb: