What is your Edge ?

pav

Hello,

yes ur so true Mr.Phantom...the success lies in Exit and Proper Position Sizing(it is only done when u know the expectancy of ur system/method).
i am a great fan of various exit techniques and position sizing algorithms,and my entries are slightly greater or equal to random.

Regards,

jahan sir, please elaborate that how your entries are slightly greater or equal to random ?

Regards
pav

jahan

jahan sir, please elaborate that how your entries are slightly greater or equal to random ?

Regards
pav
Hello,

Take any entry in relation to anything u call a valid entry .... u find more than 70% of them will fail... remaining .....20% will give u below 1:2 R/R....other 10% will give u huge enough profits which not only covers all ur losses,but put u in profits. this example is for trend Trading.but it is very easy to say/write...but iam telling u its very hard to trade and u will get bored with this type of approach and ur equity is always underwater...but when u win u win big....see its not the system which doing this...... its u and ur patience is doing.System has little to do in front of ur Mind/Psychology. if ur really entry savvy guy study the work of Linda Bradford Raschke...she is famous for entry techniques ...but i treat every entry as equal to random..bcoz anything can happen at any given point of time.

Regards,

Last edited:

pav

Hello,

Take any entry in relation to anything u call a valid entry .... u find more than 70% of them will fail... remaining .....20% will give u below 1:2 R/R....other 10% will give u huge enough profits which not only covers all ur losses,but put u in profits. this example is for trend Trading.but it is very easy to say/write...but iam telling u its very hard to trade and u will get bored with this type of approach and ur equity is always underwater...but when u win u win big....see its not the system which doing this...... its u and ur patience is doing.System has little to do in front of ur Mind/Psychology. if ur really entry savvy guy study the work of Linda Bradford Raschke...she is famous for entry techniques ...but i treat every entry as equal to random..bcoz anything can happen at any given point of time.

Regards,

Thank you very much, jahan sir.

Hello,

Sure why not...perfect exit doesn't mean exiting at near Top/Bottom....perfect exit means on an average exiting at good profit potential.when compared to ur Average losses.

Generally exits are 2 types one Exited at profit and other is exited at minimum Loss....which is predefined stoploss(this should be as much as small when compared to profit exits).

Again these exits depend upon method ur using..i.e.Trend or Counter Trend or in Volatile periods or Slow Trending up or Slow trending Down Market methods.

As far as i am concerned technical indicator's are best for exiting....Bearish crossover of MA's for a long trade or bullish crossover of MA's for Short trade....even u can use MACD,RSI,Atr*multilple.....so on.people/traders apply these to find good entries i use them only for exits and sometimes i use time-based exits(N-bar).

i extensively use MA's for exiting.....see there is no secret in this business....everything that is required for effective trading is already discovered/invented.... need to find what u want from those approaches.
beside all these things ur psychology plays a major role.

The only Secret for good exits is ........Don't put any predefined Exit target(like T1 or t2 or t3.....never works...its look good for sometime but in long run its not)....let market decide how much it wants to give and when comes losses cut it down and give what ever u initially want to give.

As u asked for one particular exit here u go it applies for Trend Traders .....change the setting of MACD to (24,52,18)...exit long on bearish cross and exit shorts when MACD makes bullish cross....but holding a trade that much long requires Brave heart/ur psychology must be inline with this exit other wise u end-up taking small profit.

Regards,
it seems all in hindsight by the time you look at MACD aapka berger algo trader (jo aapko baad mein hft mein uljhakar rakehga) kha jayega

jahan

it seems all in hindsight by the time you look at MACD aapka berger algo trader (jo aapko baad mein hft mein uljhakar rakehga) kha jayega
Hello,

yes well said sir,ur right it is when u don't know how to use...it
...MACD aap ko Khajayega tho math use karo sir...main todhe hi aapko force kar raha hoon.

see ...system need to sync with the trader mindset..other wise a profitable system also...u will make into loosing one.i have given him one of my exit strategy rule.if u don't know how to play with it its urs problem

its not necessary that things that works for me...need to work for u or everybody....

The edge is not having the indicator....its how u use it. i have just given a hint......"akal mand ko isharahi kafi hain".

Regards,

Last edited:
Hello,

Sure why not...perfect exit doesn't mean exiting at near Top/Bottom....perfect exit means on an average exiting at good profit potential.when compared to ur Average losses.

Generally exits are 2 types one Exited at profit and other is exited at minimum Loss....which is predefined stoploss(this should be as much as small when compared to profit exits).

Again these exits depend upon method ur using..i.e.Trend or Counter Trend or in Volatile periods or Slow Trending up or Slow trending Down Market methods.

As far as i am concerned technical indicator's are best for exiting....Bearish crossover of MA's for a long trade or bullish crossover of MA's for Short trade....even u can use MACD,RSI,Atr*multilple.....so on.people/traders apply these to find good entries i use them only for exits and sometimes i use time-based exits(N-bar).

i extensively use MA's for exiting.....see there is no secret in this business....everything that is required for effective trading is already discovered/invented.... need to find what u want from those approaches.
beside all these things ur psychology plays a major role.

The only Secret for good exits is ........Don't put any predefined Exit target(like T1 or t2 or t3.....never works...its look good for sometime but in long run its not)....let market decide how much it wants to give and when comes losses cut it down and give what ever u initially want to give.

As u asked for one particular exit here u go it applies for Trend Traders .....change the setting of MACD to (24,52,18)...exit long on bearish cross and exit shorts when MACD makes bullish cross....but holding a trade that much long requires Brave heart/ur psychology must be inline with this exit other wise u end-up taking small profit.

Regards,
Thanks a lot, Sir.

Hello,

yes well said sir,ur right it is when u don't know how to use...it
...MACD aap ko Khajayega tho math use karo sir...main todhe hi aapko force kar raha hoon.

see ...system need to sync with the trader mindset..other wise a profitable system also...u will make into loosing one.i have given him one of my exit strategy rule.if u don't know how to play with it its urs problem

its not necessary that things that works for me...need to work for u or everybody....

The edge is not having the indicator....its how u use it. i have just given a hint......"akal mand ko isharahi kafi hain".

Regards,
well said but why are you giving us free... most of the time when the things sound too good its the time to say good bye. your macd and whatever ur exit strategy ..that ur time which you spend in traderji is giving me enough idea about your ledger. perhaps u are looking for some holy grail that people should give you free...

to look for an edge that too in public forum is futile exercise even Nse is selling their TA course in 10000 plus service tax...for weekend..if you attend those classes you will get rotten ideas from the old failed technical analyst who says nifty is nothing...his TA Ideas are obsolete. by chance if you attend their class you would be just financing their weekend entertainment. believe u me its worthless.

when i am writing these post ( by no means to irritate you) ...if you know how to read ...then I must have spend good time in capital market. I really want to advise Traderji if anyone claims to give their system free. Please traderji ask them to qualify for it... like they send you their contract note of being in profit... ha ha ...

jahan

when i am writing these post ( by no means to irritate you) ...if you know how to read ...then I must have spend good time in capital market. I really want to advise Traderji if anyone claims to give their system free. Please traderji ask them to qualify for it... like they send you their contract note of being in profit... ha ha ...
He said iam system seller :D ......feeling sad about u:(.......let member's decide:D....thanks for entertaining i love people like u :clap::clap::clap::clap:

in ur earlier post u talked about...that iam lookig for holygrail......... i don't care what u think about me....no one knows me better than myself..... u know one thing iam the holygrail for my trading.... see dear whoever ur and whatever ur one thing is clear that ur struggling...its looks like still u have painful journey in front of u(may be for lifetime)....my post regarding exit is only given when member is asked.....

do u know what system comprises of.....i have given only exit part...how do u treat that as a system....don't u have common sense....system is more than that......********

if any member other than u...says the same thing as u said.....regarding my earlier posts.....i simply ban myself for further posting/replies......

Regards,

Last edited: