What is Pullback & Rally?

Last edited:
Now I understood:)

Throwback is an inverted U or V shaped it occurs within 30days of time frame.
(So I was wrong regarding MTNL bcz it crosses the time frame.)

Details refer: http://www.thepatternsite.com/throwbacks.html

Pullback is U or V shaped it occurs within 30 days of time frame after breakout.

Details refer: http://www.thepatternsite.com/pullbacks.html
Hey Agilent & Sunil
What do you say?

(Agilent) you are the one who have shown me the path.

(Sunil) you are the one who have explained me the concept.

This Forum is really great.

Hi,

Just my two cents:

Now-a-days, most of them are using the term 'Pullback' to refer both 'Throwback' as well as 'Pullback', like the term 'breakout' being used for both 'breakout'(upside) and 'breakdown'(downside).

So IMHO it depends upon the context where one sees this term. So we need to be careful while interpreting the meaning of the term, when we see it getting used any where.

Just our own preference, like as Sunil had quoted Bulkowski's terminology of Throwback and Pullback, doesn't help always.

Praveen.

Hi,

Just my two cents:

Now-a-days, most of them are using the term 'Pullback' to refer both 'Throwback' as well as 'Pullback', like the term 'breakout' being used for both 'breakout'(upside) and 'breakdown'(downside).

So IMHO it depends upon the context where one sees this term. So we need to be careful while interpreting the meaning of the term, when we see it getting used any where.

Just our own preference, like as Sunil had quoted Bulkowski's terminology of Throwback and Pullback, doesn't help always.
Praveen.
Thanks praveen
Atleast now i knew the concept.:)

Regards
Luckytrader

There are many great people in this forum who enjoy helping others.

I have gain lots of knowledge regarding pullback, rally & throwback in this thread.

These are the personality who deserves for making this thread remarkable.

CREDITS
Traderji Super Moderator​

Agilent Senior Member​

Sunil saranjame Senior Member​

Toxicexpulsion Senior Member​

Bvpraveen Senior Member​

RSI Member​

Bullet Member​

Satya pinku2003 Member​

Regards
Luckytrader.

Hi,

Just my two cents:

Praveen.

Good insight , Praveen

And that's why I prefer using the std terms rally and reaction ... which have no ambiguity in their meanings and their usage

Rally always refers to prices moving up temporarily (during a downtrend)

and Reaction always means prices dipping temporarily (during an uptrend)

AGILENT:)

PS Lucky .. thanks to yr kind acknowledgements

Good insight , Praveen

And that's why I prefer using the std terms rally and reaction ... which have no ambiguity in their meanings and their usage

Rally always refers to prices moving up temporarily (during a downtrend)

and Reaction always means prices dipping temporarily (during an uptrend)

AGILENT:)

PS Lucky .. thanks to yr kind acknowledgements
Ok Agilent.