what exchange to trade in ?

hi , perhaps a silly question but I`l ask anyway .. my trading platform allows me to trade in the bse as well as the nse .. i notice that many stocks are listed on both the exchanges .. so far im running the scripts only on the bse .. no particular reason , i just am .. is there a difference in trading on the 2 exchanges ? .. apart from maybe a few paisa difference in rates i cant figure out ..

biyasc

hi , perhaps a silly question but I`l ask anyway .. my trading platform allows me to trade in the bse as well as the nse .. i notice that many stocks are listed on both the exchanges .. so far im running the scripts only on the bse .. no particular reason , i just am .. is there a difference in trading on the 2 exchanges ? .. apart from maybe a few paisa difference in rates i cant figure out ..
it is always good to trade in nse scrips for high liquidity.

marcus

i'd go with nse any day of the week :) guarateed payment policy by the exchange even on default of either of the contract holders, better liquidity which reduces slippage, fewer known scams, stringent security measures, better organised and structured than BSE

BSE used to be gotala-scam exchange there are countless cases of fraud and default of payment but they have cleaned up their act somewhat when they began losing business since the inception of the NSE

hey thnx marcus , i hadn`t a clue .. got another question .. i have an option here to sell stocks bought in either exchange .. is it just as simple as that or do i have to know more ?

sorry for the dumb questions but il never learn if i dont ask :) ..

thanks again =)

I would like to add one thing as a beginner, if u r trading intraday, or selling the same day of buying, you will have to sell it in the same exchange. This is a very dumb advice, but still I feel to tell u, coz even I didnt know that when I started trading, fortunately i didnt do that thing before I came to know it.

regards

Jignesh