Want to invest now 25K+ Suggest Plz

Plz suggest which equities should I choose to invest
Please dont say that its not a good time or so cause I don't care :D
I just want suggestion on where to invest (I'm on ICICIDirect)
Thanx

mayavi99

Please dont say that its not a good time or so cause I don't care
The present bear trend is yet to bottom out. If you don't care about safeguarding your existing cash on hand, then you are free to take the plunge. No need for taking sound suggestions of experienced seniors.

Last edited:
Dude wat I hate is you still didn't gave ur opinion :D
BTW wat I meant was that I can tolerate any risk to high extent & probably any senior will not tell to invest @ this time but I'm eager to do it :)

jnj333

Ecko , As you have stated you have a high risk profile, you could start with investing 10-15% of your capital at every fall of 3-5% , my suggestion would be to invest in 4-8 of the top 30 companies as per Market Cap. Choose the biggest ones with maybe 1 or 2 in the midcap segment. Buy 40% defensive ones (ones which are 20-30% or more up from their 52 week lows) and 60% aggressive ones and kindly take a long term prespective of 1-3 years.

N

Niks

Hi
I am also looking for investment opportunities. Is there any approach for arriving at the buying price in a adaptive fashion? Like say buying with a tight stop and reestablishing position at a better price if market goes down?
Also which sectors to give preference?

I am looking for a holding time of 3-9 months so so won't really mind if get stopped out 2-3 times before the investment finally rocks :)

Ecko , As you have stated you have a high risk profile, you could start with investing 10-15% of your capital at every fall of 3-5% ...
PS: if buy 15% of portfolio at every 5% fall... may buy all of my portfolio in a week if stocks keep going down at this rate

Last edited by a moderator:

jnj333

Hi
I am also looking for investment opportunities. Is there any approach for arriving at the buying price in a adaptive fashion? Like say buying with a tight stop and reestablishing position at a better price if market goes down?
Also which sectors to give preference?
Arriving at a buying price is a complex and difficult process. Assessing Fair value of a stock is damn difficult for the extreme learned too, undertanding the fundamentals of the company, market conditions , global scenario, future prospects is way beyond the scope of this thread. I am a small student of the markets and will remain so for decades. We learn from trial and error.

For buying stocks I give priorty to fundamentals with some help from the techinicals (which I am trying to learn slowly), say in the ratio of 80:20. For eg I feel L&T as per fundamentals should be valued at 1000 and in 2 years it should be double of that but right now the it is available below 800 and could go below also, till where and why.. I am still trying to learn that. As in Bull Markets stocks become overvalued similarly in bear markets they become undervalued and this we should as an investor exploit.

There could be two approaches in accumulating stocks - 1) if ones analysis is very strong he could go for the kill and buy stocks in big quantity when one finds his desired share price 2) which i try to follow, if you want to buy 10 shares of a company start with buying 2 and accumulate at every dip, in bear markets one gets ample oppurtunity to buy stocks and at ones pace.

Which sector to invest may not necessary as some stocks are available in each sector which can give ample opportunity for the long term investor but as I feel if India has to grow then the infrastructure sector could have more opportunities.

Kindly take a longer term view of 1 -3 years atleast, if you get returns in 6-9 months then good for you. And if you buy 15% at every 5% fall than the market has to fall about 30% for you to be fully invested which I have serious doubts that it will go there.

Last edited:

biyasc

Dude wat I hate is you still didn't gave ur opinion :D
BTW wat I meant was that I can tolerate any risk to high extent & probably any senior will not tell to invest @ this time but I'm eager to do it :)
oh thats fine. its so simple then. open cnbc tomorrow just after the opening bell, & choose the first stock you see on the ticker & buy it.

& if you are eager to do it, then do it. dont waste your time by asking anyone.