Want to invest now 25K+ Suggest Plz

rvm123

u see a good sector where to invest. cement, construction and it industry are down to the lowest levels. if u want to go for long term (>5 years), u can venture in cement or construction industry. cement shares are available at throw away prices.

N

Niks

Arriving at a buying price is a complex and difficult process. Assessing Fair value of a stock is damn difficult for the extreme learned too, undertanding the fundamentals of the company, market conditions , global scenario, future prospects is way beyond the scope of this thread. I am a small student of the markets and will remain so for decades. We learn from trial and error.

For buying stocks I give priorty to fundamentals with some help from the techinicals (which I am trying to learn slowly), say in the ratio of 80:20. For eg I feel L&T as per fundamentals should be valued at 1000 and in 2 years it should be double of that but right now the it is available below 800 and could go below also, till where and why.. I am still trying to learn that. As in Bull Markets stocks become overvalued similarly in bear markets they become undervalued and this we should as an investor exploit.

There could be two approaches in accumulating stocks - 1) if ones analysis is very strong he could go for the kill and buy stocks in big quantity when one finds his desired share price 2) which i try to follow, if you want to buy 10 shares of a company start with buying 2 and accumulate at every dip, in bear markets one gets ample oppurtunity to buy stocks and at ones pace.

Which sector to invest may not necessary as some stocks are available in each sector which can give ample opportunity for the long term investor but as I feel if India has to grow then the infrastructure sector could have more opportunities.

Kindly take a longer term view of 1 -3 years atleast, if you get returns in 6-9 months then good for you. And if you buy 15% at every 5% fall than the market has to fall about 30% for you to be fully invested which I have serious doubts that it will go there.
Thanks for the detailed reply. I have more of a trader mentality that I become impatient when a position shows loss. So buying wihtout any stoploss is hard for me.

I bought RPl in little quantity at 110. Today it is already at 90. Also there are stocks like ABAN which fell to half of their price (2000-1000) in 4-5 sessions straight. While buying on dips I just seek protection against such types of moves.

Just after market bottoms a pleasant rally comes and then the trend becomes mature and it rises slowly. The intitial rally is shown as a mega overbought condition in indicators. Hence was looking for a shorter holding time to participate in such move (doubt about my patience for holding for longer period).

jnj333

Thanks for the detailed reply. I have more of a trader mentality that I become impatient when a position shows loss. So buying wihtout any stoploss is hard for me.

I bought RPl in little quantity at 110. Today it is already at 90. Also there are stocks like ABAN which fell to half of their price (2000-1000) in 4-5 sessions straight. While buying on dips I just seek protection against such types of moves.

Just after market bottoms a pleasant rally comes and then the trend becomes mature and it rises slowly. The intitial rally is shown as a mega overbought condition in indicators. Hence was looking for a shorter holding time to participate in such move (doubt about my patience for holding for longer period).
Maybe you got the answer to your question today, very difficult to invest in these markets and not seeing lower levels if you are investing for shorter terms, the trend is clearly downwards, you can make money by shorting unless the trend changes , if you do not want to see lower levels first check the trend if it has changed to upward bais for a few months and then invest, finding the bottom is next to impossible unless you are prepared to downaverage your holding as the market gives numerous false signals about the bottom. History suggests that the bottom may be when there is extreme pessimissim and everyone around thinks that the market is going nowhere but downwards for a long long time.Stocks will be a dreaded term and the world may be just coming to an end.

Thanx very much 4 ur help those who replied
& those whoc just commented , u can do more than that out of ur precious time
ecko, since you are using icicidirect and your risk profile is too high, i suggest you just buy ICICIBANK . 52wk low. since you don't care even if you lose, it will give both risk and excitement:D

ecko, since you are using icicidirect and your risk profile is too high, i suggest you just buy ICICIBANK . 52wk low. since you don't care even if you lose, it will give both risk and excitement:D
was just thinking of buying it along wil ril & sbi
what abt infrastructures ??