Volume Spread Analysis

Karthik, I just took the time to register at www.traderji.com so that I could reply to your wonderful post.
I found it by doing a search on yahoo for volume spread analysis. I am very grateful you took the time to document this topic in such a very thorough way. I am also very grateful you were generous enough to share the .afl formula. I have learned a great deal from reading this thread and feel I have a good understanding of how the smart money operates and more importantly, how to tell when they are at work.

Thank you so much for taking the time to educate the members of this forum on this very important topic.

Pete :)

Hi Karthik,

Great .afl formula for Amibroker VSA.

How can we re-coding into forex Metatrader ? Is there any source code in .afl ?

Thank you

Cheers,

QUOTE=karthikmarar;296065]Pete

Nice to know that the thread was useful to you and thanks for your kind words.

warm regards[/QUOTE]

Dear Karthikji,

Thank you very much for the valuable thread and your exhaustive educative posts on this very important topic. I have been a late entrant to this thread, but find it very relevant. i feel that rather sparse participation is only because it is a novel approach and your work is a pioneering one. hope to hear and learn from you further.
Warm regards,
drshajikt

Re: Underemphasis of the Open in Volume Spread Analysis

I too registered because of Karthik's magnum opus. Great work.
Is the lack of emphasis on the Open (which Kartik notes and addresses a little), is it not because Tom Williams didn't think it important, but because the data feeds back in 1990 often only gave High Low Close, but NOT Open??

Just a thought. Thanks again.

karthikmarar

karthikmarar

I too registered because of Karthik's magnum opus. Great work.
Is the lack of emphasis on the Open (which Kartik notes and addresses a little), is it not because Tom Williams didn't think it important, but because the data feeds back in 1990 often only gave High Low Close, but NOT Open??

Just a thought. Thanks again.
Thanks for the kind words. Of course the point of considering open is debatable. There two schools of thought, one saying "Open" is important and other ignoring it... Somehow I am comfortable ignoring the "Open"...and as long we make a good analysis...it does not matter... :)

Thanks for the kind words. Of course the point of considering open is debatable. There two schools of thought, one saying "Open" is important and other ignoring it... Somehow I am comfortable ignoring the "Open"...and as long we make a good analysis...it does not matter... :)
Required VSA for Metastock Indicator

Respected karthikji,

01. Please explain the colour code & how to utilise the colour code for better trading results along with other trading points.
02. Is the colour code reflects price and volume or only price?

Last edited: