Volume Profile and Market Profile a new wave of market picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

nac

XRAY bro, What does a triple distribution day tell us? Was nifty in triple dist today?
It's a small "b"
b Shape Profile -occurs during bullish upward moves and develops into a shape similar to the letter b. The top half of the profile is long and thin, typically single prints representing low volume rejection. The lower half of the profile has a more wider distribution. This formation is typical of long liquidations signalling a pause as opposed to bearish sentiments caused by the entrance of Initiative Sellers reversing the market direction.
Does that mean price would head north? I don't know. (I doubt it)
Today morning,
Weekly pivot, daily support 1, virgin POC (17th Aug), previous day low, WVAL all are around 8640-55 range. Afternoon bounce didn't break that range. So that will act as resistance tomorrow.

XRAY27

Xray,

Me got in short in morning at break of 8633. And ended with small profits. Where did u enter. Have to wait for ST ji to share some light on this one

1. Just read TD reversal 30 min from what i understood. Short triggered around 8645. I wasnt sure if it would take support below 8650 and hence waited till break of 8633. May be 5-10 points before TD triggered short

And 15 mins triggered at 8655 above yesterdays support ??

15min chart..

As per demand/supply and Mp I was comfortable to short at 8633....
First of all today is not DRIVE opening and with 80 % rule in place, i have shorted @ 10.18 candle low just got 15 pt ..buy was there with D and S

Three main points i can draw with Market Profile

1. Before the move happens we can estimate it with reasonable strike rate

2. Trend days can be spotted in advance with opening it self & after first TPO

3. Strike rate is excellent in my back testing

Last edited:

wisp

It's a small "b"

Does that mean price would head north? I don't know. (I doubt it)
Today morning,
Weekly pivot, daily support 1, virgin POC (17th Aug), previous day low, WVAL all are around 8640-55 range. Afternoon bounce didn't break that range. So that will act as resistance tomorrow.
Thanks, yes Nifty is a b, I was looking at another scrip by mistake.

XRAY27

Post # 287

Result

ADANIENT was not triggered now it gets negated , SIEMENS was triggered lets see how it fair tomorrow !!!

XRAY27

NF shows "b" distribution,which signifies test of supports or lows ,how far this area will be tested will be known only with D and S !!!

Last edited:

Vipul_84

That means if yesterday was "b" type day, today we can expect yesterday's low to be broken or after forming today's IB we expect it to come down to break today's IB's low ? Which low ? Sorry for very dumb question :confused:

NF shows "b" distribution,which signifies test of supports or lows ,how far this area will be tested will be known only with D and S !!!

XRAY27

That means if yesterday was "b" type day, today we can expect yesterday's low to be broken or after forming today's IB we expect it to come down to break today's IB's low ? Which low ? Sorry for very dumb question :confused:
First demand is @ 8620 and 8607..showed 8603 as low and moved up !!! supply is @8660 and 8651..last leg of demand is at 8575 and 8660..it will travel in all !!! with the effect of "b" distribution ;)

XRAY27

First demand is @ 8620 and 8607..showed 8603 as low and moved up !!! supply is @8660 and 8651..last leg of demand is at 8575 and 8660..it will travel in all !!! with the effect of "b" distribution ;)
Entered @ POC short worked well ,but buy @ POC was after 3 so... MIS time near...expected 8575 and 8660 ...to test but not happend :cool:

In words of Steidlmayer "Confident markets overlook bad news and uncertain markets look for trouble and uncertain activity tends to be volatile"

VPA trade of Siemens hit SL @ 1283

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.