Tweaks/Experiments in Saint's Intraday Miniflow Method.

manojkch

Todays trade crosses initial SAR. Here initial SAR means 1.30 candles low-filter. I have mentioned this (Todays trade crosses initial SAR) only to test that how many times our trades cross this initial SAR. Our main method SAR may be different than this and hence please don't get confused this SAR with our Main Method SAR. When I am mentioning SAR in this thread, it is treated as per this tweak ( 1.30 bar high/low +/- filter) unless otherwise specified.

Last edited:
Todays trade crosses initial SAR.
Hello Manoj

I am treating this as completely different method / system, combining with miniflow trades just confuses everything for me.

Today we have a very big range for bar ending at 1:30 (unusual).

This made the sar/stop of 40 points normally which will be only 20-25 points.

The long trade triggered at 2632 and we got breakout failure. Reversing below the low of the BO candle gave us a good short trade at 2612, in the end a scratch day.

Regards
PK

manojkch

Hello Manoj

I am treating this as completely different method / system, combining with miniflow trades just confuses everything for me.

Today we have a very big range for bar ending at 1:30 (unusual).

This made the sar/stop of 40 points normally which will be only 20-25 points.

The long trade triggered at 2632 and we got breakout failure. Reversing below the low of the BO candle gave us a good short trade at 2612, in the end a scratch day.

Regards
PK
Dear PK,
Please don't combine/ confuse this tweak with main method right now as it is not yet approved. Also as mentioned by Saint Sir, utilize it if you are comfortable. We are still in evolution stage for this tweak and hence we will be testing it ( paper trading ) in live market for few days.

I didn't get you on how your long trade triggered at 2632. I am quoting ST Sirs post for your reference.....

Originally posted by Smart_trade : "Todays ideal trades were buy at 2597 + sf or mf as per your comfort,add at 2611 + sf sell between 2620-2630. We had a final stoploss at 2617 -f which was hit in 3:30 bar. We dont initiate a fresh position in the last bar otherwise shorting at 2617 and covering at 2595 could have been a very sweet trade."

Thanks

I didn't get you on how your long trade triggered at 2632. I am quoting ST Sirs post for your reference.....
Long based on BO from 1:30 candle, was treating it as seperate method, sorry to have confused you.

What Smart_trade said applies to Miniflow so not relevant to my post, anyway will let you take it ahead and avoid more confusion.

Regards
PK

manojkch

Long based on BO from 1:30 candle, was treating it as seperate method, sorry to have confused you.

What Smart_trade said applies to Miniflow so not relevant to my post, anyway will let you take it ahead and avoid more confusion.

Regards
PK
Oh Sorry PK. Now I understood what you want to say. Late current :). You have already mentioned in your post that you are treating this tweak as separate method. I have overlooked it in hurry.

Any way, as I have already mentioned in my first post that I am not very sure regarding trading this method separately ( that is from 1.30 onwards) for its profitability. We will have to find out some way to see whether it can be traded separately and how is its risk: reward ratio.

Thanks for your clarification.
Regards.
Manoj

Sunil

I have back tested it from 16 Dec.2008 to 09 Mar.2009 on 30 min flow for the moves from 1.00-1.30 candle onwards. ( I am manually maintaining data from 16 Dec onwards and I dont have access to data before this date for 30 min charts). May be, it would have worth to back test it for at least 1year data.

Thanks and regards.
Manoj
Hi Manoj,
As a regular nifty intraday trader & scalper, I have been utilising this 1:30 to 2:00 time zone as one of the three time periods where one can expect good, sustained directional movement in price.

Since your backtest period is from 16Dec08 to 9Mar09, I wanted to make you aware of this system of time arrangement followed by most of the Western Countries called as "Day Light Saving".
In this arrangement, clocks are advanced by one hour in Spring to make the most of seasonal daylight. At the beginning of winter, they are adjusted back again by one hour.

European countries adjust their clock one hour forward from last Sunday of the March and adjust it back from last Sunday of October.
So, from 29-Mar-09, EU markets will open from 12:30pm IST instead of the current 1:30pm IST

In CAC or DAC (EU countries' indices) charts, you will notice the same phenomenon when Dow Jones Spot start to trade, while in our early morning, it's the HangSang which tries to create a sort of commanding power over the already opened Asian countries.

US adjusts its day light saving time from second Sunday of March. Thus, w.e.f. 8-Mar-09, Dow opens at 7:00pm IST instead of around 8pm IST.

Awareness of these time periods come handy many times during intraday trades - their effect may mean a lot to intraday players.

For us, from 30-Mar-09 (first trading day after 29-Mar), we will have HangSang + EU FUTs opening at 12pm IST, while EU Cash market will open at 12:30pm IST

columbus

Hi Manoj,
European countries adjust their clock one hour forward from last Sunday of the March and adjust it back from last Sunday of October.
So, from 29-Mar-09, EU markets will open from 12:30pm IST instead of the current 1:30pm IST
US adjusts its day light saving time from second Sunday of March. Thus, w.e.f. 8-Mar-09, Dow opens at 7:00pm IST instead of around 8pm IST.
Timely reminder

Sunil

Alas, when NSE Cash/Fut opens for trade at 9:55am IST, it affects only one Index traded in a foreign country's equity market - SGX Nifty!!!

:-(

manojkch

Thank you Sunil Sir for most valuable input because this experiment is solely based on the the European markets opening in the afternoon. and I agree that I have completely ignored this phenomena. Thanks for bringing it to our notice at right time.

This is where a experienced and informed trader do excellence over the novice trader hence I am requesting and insisting for our seniors to guide us time to time and they are doing it very honestly and humbly.

Thanks a lot Sunil Sir and all for showing interest in it and for valuable guidance.

Regards
manoj