Trying Positions-Tested AFL-300%profit.

Hi Veluri!
Your new AFL is giving less signals compared to earlier AFL. I did not see your PTC chart with your 26 jan post....As per my chart(using your AFL) PTC developed SELL signal on 19/jan/10....As per buy signal of 18/jan,PTC made high of 125.2 on 19/jan whether one should have bought it or wait closing price to cross buy trigger price? Please explain so that everybody will understand.Thanks

veluri1967

Hi Veluri!
Your new AFL is giving less signals compared to earlier AFL. I did not see your PTC chart with your 26 jan post....As per my chart(using your AFL) PTC developed SELL signal on 19/jan/10....As per buy signal of 18/jan,PTC made high of 125.2 on 19/jan whether one should have bought it or wait closing price to cross buy trigger price? Please explain so that everybody will understand.Thanks
Sanjay,
PTC has already hit Stop Loss. Book losses.
As per strategy, we should enter the scrip as soon as price touches and crosses our BUY price. Not to wait until close to close above buy price.

Pl understand that PTC is triggered buy, we are in trade on 19/1/10 itself. Later it has hit SL and hence book losses.

veluri1967

I am attaching a list 200 nifty shares in which we can explore and trade signals as per the AFL.
Make a watch list in Amibroker with these list of shares and scan/explore regularly for triggers.
Hope this will be helpful.

I am repeating the Entry rules for some of you have still doubts about it.

1. Buy within next 4 days just one tick above the given price.
2. If could not buy within next 4 days, the trigger expires.
3. Book losses when the SL has hit.

I have added the following Trailing Stop Rule as a modification for those who can not tolerate deeper Stop Loss.

1. After Buying the Scrip if the scrip touches 1st Tgt on any day, exist 80% of holdings.
2. And Same day move your Stop Loss to the Low of this day.
3. Maintain this Stop Loss until last.

Last edited:

veluri1967

Thanks for the AFL

please let me know whether our entry will be the same as before (enter when price touches last day high or above)
Ravi
New Abridged AFL rules are simple.

Simply Buy next day.(No specific price is mentioned, that means simply enter the scrip preferably at the open).

Stop Loss is the low of the day buy signal is generated.

Keep moving your SL to lock in accrued profits.

Thatz it.

Dear Veluri,
I am bit confused...sorry to trouble you...giving you an example..pl clarify....suppose XYZ stock buy triggered on 11/feb--open 97 high102 low96 close102--on 12/feb--open 102 high103 low98 close100....what should I do?should I buy on 12/feb..because it crossed high of 11/feb(i.e.102)..or wait for closing price to cross 102.Thanks.

veluri1967

Dear Veluri,
I am bit confused...sorry to trouble you...giving you an example..pl clarify....suppose XYZ stock buy triggered on 11/feb--open 97 high102 low96 close102--on 12/feb--open 102 high103 low98 close100....what should I do?should I buy on 12/feb..because it crossed high of 11/feb(i.e.102)..or wait for closing price to cross 102.Thanks.
Sanjay,
As per old AFL.
Suppose, a Buy signal is generated on 11 Feb. AFL also gives buy price ie High of Signal day.
Next day, we should buy this scrip when the price just crosses above this given buy price. We donot bother even if the price tumbles down and closes in negative.
We are in trade just because the price crossed above our Buy price.
In EOD data if the price closes below our buy price, donot worry. We have a cushion of reliable Stop Loss. We book losses only when the price crosses below Stop Loss.
Let us take your example of ABC share.
11/Feb buy is triggered with a buy price of 102.
On 12/Feb the price just touched 102 and reversed back.
Ideally the price should cross 102 and stop buy should trigger at 102.05 or 102.10 ie one or two ticks above 102. Not exactly at 102. When the price crosses above 102, then ONLY our parameters satisfy.
Hope this would help.

veluri1967

I am attaching excel sheet of triggered alongwith profit/loss shown. This is for the period from 01/12/2009 to till date.

Hope this is useful.

Presently I am working on another AFL which is suitable for high risk takers.
SL is fixed at 5% and Profit tgt is fixed at 40%. I am backtesting it on last 5 years data and preparing excel with profit/loss. Will present it as soon as it is completed. Amibroker backtesting is showing 500% + returns on last 5 years data. I want to make sure that it is so even when manual testing is undertaken.

Last edited: