Trending F&O Stocks

Riskyman

Risky !!!

Trending F and O stocks !!!!... so only trending stocks should be added... or any trading stock in f & o with Range ,but having good R:R is ok ??

Thread heading confused me :confused:
But how would you define "Trending" ?? Which time frame ?

Intraday I guess 3-5 minutes is what most of us would use. I would look at the ADX to determine trending. The problem is that intraday, on smaller time frames, one big move changes the indicator, the price may stagnate or even reverse after that (happens often in Union Bank)
Xray Bhai. No need to get confused with the thread heading. Even stocks within a range tend to trend up and down. Idea is to find any stock that is moving so some money can be made.

Timepass Bhai, We are all different kind of traders. So any time frame that you choose whether for scalping or positional trading is fine. You can find a trend right from 1 min to a 1 week chart. So anything thats worth trading should be fine.

Riskyman

I'm mostly a positional trader when it comes to stocks so i tend to look at charts on the daily/weekly TF. Here is a chart of Bharat forge. A lot of damage has been done with the stock falling from 1300 to 900. Presently, stock is taking support at previous low made in Jan 2015.

Price/volume divergence telling that much of the selling is done with and the stock could bounce, specially if the earnings turn out well. However, I would not want to buy it now so will wait for a good pullback towards the support zone. Also, buying futures is not making sense for this trade as Im looking at this trade from a 2-3 month perspective. So maybe buying 1050 calls for December is a better idea. Risk will limited to the premiums I put down.

TraderRavi

low risk profile

Riskyman

Ravi bhai. If I were short sell a stock on the daily TF, I would know that price can move 2-3% daily here and thereby show big MTM losses. Also, trading with 2-3-5 rupees SL on some of these stocks just wont work. My question is how do you counter these intraday moves if you playing in futures?

My way of working when Im trading daily TF is ... I look to enter mostly swings i.e after a big run up or fall when the swing changes to the opposite direction. That way, I know I can place stops below swing lows or above highs. Assuming you were to short maruti on monday, Where would you place your stops?

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Ravi bhai. If I were short sell a stock on the daily TF, I would know that price can move 2-3% daily here and thereby show big MTM losses. Also, trading with 2-3-5 rupees SL on some of these stocks just wont work. My question is how do you counter these intraday moves if you playing in futures?

My way of working when Im trading daily TF is ... I look to enter mostly swings i.e after a big run up or fall when the swing changes to the opposite direction. That way, I know I can place stops below swing lows or above highs. Assuming you were to short maruti on monday, Where would you place your stops?
SL 4430 for positional

Riskyman

That's huge, about 150 pts from the current position. You must've had a good entry, or maybe you intend to average it ??
Yes thats about 20,000/- SL from current levels which is fine if he is looking at targets of 4000 on the stock i.e a potential profit of 37500 i.e almost 1:2 R/R.
Of course makes sense to wait for a good bounce and then go short.