• I am using Other SW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Web Trading Terminal

• I am with a Non Discount Broker

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
vertigo, I was using NOW when I was with RKSV. All was fine for sometime and then, the disturbances started. Hangs continuously, logs out abruptly and the intensity of disturbances increases as the month nears expiry. And also, trust me, the intensity of the disturbances is directly proportional to your volume of trade and, more importantly, volume of profitable trades.

Disturbances seem to have a mind of their own and are particularly vengeful if you are on a profitable run...

I had same issues earlier, this is what I have done, and everything is extremely smooth now for the last almost 10 months.

I have one of those 20 MBPS broadband line from Airtel( pay around 2000 per month) , Use Pi from Zerodha and NOW from RKSV. I run both of them on two different machines.

Other than the days when there has been serious screw up, haven't really had any issues as such. Performance of NOW has been coming down though.

Doesn't mean that I have made money because everything has been working well... :)

ram2010

vertigo, I was using NOW when I was with RKSV. All was fine for sometime and then, the disturbances started. Hangs continuously, logs out abruptly and the intensity of disturbances increases as the month nears expiry. And also, trust me, the intensity of the disturbances is directly proportional to your volume of trade and, more importantly, volume of profitable trades.

Disturbances seem to have a mind of their own and are particularly vengeful if you are on a profitable run...
So consistently profit making retail traders would be forced to make loss?, and drive out of the market?

how will the brokers survive without good traders?

Already traditional brokers closing their shops, discount brokers only left??

Last edited:
Trade Raid,

Maybe brokerages aren't to be blamed for this. Something more technical(fishy) is on.

By the way, friends, have any of you witnessed 2 different quotes streaming at the same time on two different terminals for say 3 or 4 mts at the exact time when the market makes an explosive reversal on an expiry day???? I have an interesting incident to narrate...

First let me know if this is an isolated event????

3-4 years ago I was using RK's odin , that time also same problem of odin disconnection, they blamed bsnl fot it , then I left odin, NOW was way better , quotes also faster .
standard excuse... Had a long chat with Zerodha after they failed to fix my terminal yday. same old ONCE UPON A TIME story.

extremist

To all who r facing the issue of disconnection.

just look at the following image.

today is saturday (mkt is closed )still my broker's hosting server is not responding well.
How come we can expect it to work miracles during mkt hrs.

If u want to chk Go to NEst trader => Help => Nest Diagnostics

And look for Host address :

after finding tht id ping it in command prompt as i did.
for perfect command see the underlined line in the abv image.
I removed name of broker.

So it will be like:
ping<space>Host address<space>-t

u all will receive response like this or worst than this from Hosting servers of brokers.

And when u questions them on this then just look at the answers they give :
1. Your ISP connectivity is not proper.
2. there might be some firewall blocking the access at Your end.
3. everything is first class at our end.
4. stop the antivirus and chk.
5. there might be some virus or some technical issue at ur end.
6. contact your networking engineer.

and above all one HERO said we purposely do this kind of routing so tht all get equal feed. OMG....:D:D:D

BY this i remember one Dialogue from Rocketsing "Customer ke to nam me hi likha hota hai mar"

we r helpless brothers....

neither broker nor SEBI OR NSE interested to address the issues faced by retailers.

Disclaimer : I'm not advertising any broker or my intentions are not to malice any broker's image.

Last edited:

suri112000

we got used to live with inefficiencies at every field of life. redressal system has not been effective anywhere. consumer protection act should address this issue very pro-actively. just one phone call should be able to get the justice. spurious product producers/bad service providers willingly sell their products/services to retailers to make a quick buck knowing that the burden of challenging them by retailers is not bearable for most of the retailers.

I suggest each and every state should form consumer conglomerates(very big nonprofit organisations consisting of people of common interest) as big as these businesses to drag them to the courts as often as possible. The power of these conglomerates would be so high that........it should threaten the windup the businesses even for a small negligence. then only this menace gets eradicated.

@Extremist

Just other day Zerodha was bragging about its server capacity, system infrastructure etc. and here you caught them with their pants off (again). LOL.