Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Web Trading Terminal

• I am with a Non Discount Broker

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shantala

Some quantitative approaches to find whats happening (I am not an expert and I don't know whats happening):

1 - latency is the problem causing disconnections and not download speed.

Again, I am not an expert and I don't know whats happening. These are just some quantitative approaches.
Remember to test all these things DURING trading time.
Latency is one more excuse (which is yet not popular as speed and pc problem) by brokers using Omnesys/Nest.

Had issues with NEST, changed my system, changed my ISP, but still issue remained.

FYI, my latency promised by ISP is 9 and avg latency whenever I checked is between 5 and 7. Actual speed at my PC is 4 mbps.

I do not log in to any other software except charting platforms Ami and MT4, and skype. I do not watch videos and even open any browser rarely.

Only solution is to look for BROKER WHO HATES NEST/OMNESYS.:)

jagankris

Some quantitative approaches to find whats happening (I am not an expert and I don't know whats happening):

1 - Someone (Dax Devil?? TracerBullet?? don't remember) recently posted in TJ that latency is the problem causing disconnections and not download speed. Try any latency checker and see. Search for "DPC Latency Checker". Download it, run it and post the latency chart after a few minutes of use DURING trading time.

2 - Use "tracert" command from dos window and compare results with others who do not have problems.

3 - Use "ping" command from dos window and compare results with others who do not have problems.

4 - Post ISP name, data plan, download speed, upload speed.

5 - Post all other program names running during trading time (even if those programs are not downloading/uploading anything). For e.g. some torrent apps choke bandwidth even with zero download speed. It is VERY important to mention if any kind of torrent/p2p app is open (even with 0 speed)

6 - People who play online video games are sensitive to disconnections. I never played any such games. Get hold of some experts in that area. They can suggest/check a few numbers with their knowledge.

Again, I am not an expert and I don't know whats happening. These are just some quantitative approaches.
Remember to test all these things DURING trading time.
Dear Raghuveer,

Thanks for your suggestions.

IMO latency has nothing to do with disconnections.
And (TracerBullet) that was a different discussion - not getting all the tick data - hence latency plays a vital role there.

But still will check the latency with the checker as suggested.

Who is your ISP/Broadband Plan/ System RAM ?

Raghuveer

Dear Raghuveer,

Thanks for your suggestions.

IMO latency has nothing to do with disconnections.
And (TracerBullet) that was a different discussion - not getting all the tick data - hence latency plays a vital role there.

But still will check the latency with the checker as suggested.

Who is your ISP/Broadband Plan/ System RAM ?
Airtel (wired connection), download speed 8Mbps, upload speed 0.40Mbps.
RAM: 4gb.

btw, I edited my post to run the latency checker the whole trading day.

latency, connectivity or any other alibis are nothing but b######t.

I have seen login on another name(same broker) working fine while my terminal is getting disturbed innocently while using the same internet service and that too simultaneously...

It is very sad but the truth is the disturbances increases whenever your trade volume rises and particularly after a series of good trades. I initially thot the issue was with brokers. I tried 4 brokers and now I am convinced the INNOCENT (CRIMINAL/FRAUDULENT) technical disturbances are not happening at the broker level. It is at an even higher and universal level. Now, I firmly believe that omnesys (NEST provider) has been hacked (of course, without the knowledge of INNOCENT omnesys).

Feel really sad, as I believe, that this is nothing but FRAUD (punishable offence)... But, again, who is going to bell the cat

Raghuveer

Some posts from Zerodha thread. Post by Dax Devil was the reason I googled latency.

It is latency, nothing else. And Nest gets ticks for all the scripts of bse, nse, cds, mcx simultaneously whether a given client likes it or not. For example, I trade only 2 instruments. Don't even look at others. Yet I know my terminal is getting all the ticks of all the instruments, even though I have permanently ticked off BSE BFO, NSE downloading during startup (which incidently made the starting up damn fast).
If somehow there were an option in preferences that would make the terminal more 'intelligent' as to serve only the data for the instruments on the watchlist, I think this data bottlenecking at clientside will vanish. However, it is a big IF - judging by the hotch potch job omnesys guys have consistently been doing in bringing out this and that version of shoddy Nest or Pi in the sky.
Probably not the case with other brokers / terminals.

I use Kotak's KeatProX too. What I have observed is, whenever I get disconnected or the data transfer is too slow the moment the connection is resumed there is unusually high rate of tick change after a few moment every thing settles to normal. Surely the terminal is updating the data on its own - tick by tick, that I had always supposed. Although, I don't know what is actually happening as I do not use any of the terminal for charting. :D

It is necessary for the charting terminals that it should catch the extreme prices that is the high and low for the given time frame otherwise what is the use of Charts ?

Raghuveer

Who are these 4 brokers?

latency, connectivity or any other alibis are nothing but b######t.

I have seen login on another name(same broker) working fine while my terminal is getting disturbed innocently while using the same internet service and that too simultaneously...

It is very sad but the truth is the disturbances increases whenever your trade volume rises and particularly after a series of good trades. I initially thot the issue was with brokers. I tried 4 brokers and now I am convinced the INNOCENT (CRIMINAL/FRAUDULENT) technical disturbances are not happening at the broker level. It is at an even higher and universal level. Now, I firmly believe that omnesys (NEST provider) has been hacked (of course, without the knowledge of INNOCENT omnesys).

Feel really sad, as I believe, that this is nothing but FRAUD (punishable offence)... But, again, who is going to bell the cat

Raghuveer, I don't want to be explicit. Two of the names I have already mentioned. The other two are also discount brokers on fixed brokerage plan business. But, as I said, they may not be the cause. The common denominator among all of them was NEST/NOW and hence my deduction that this has something to do with the trading software itself.

By the way, yesterday was my 3rd expiry day DISTURBANCE since the start of this year. Only difference was that this time, I was just not allowed login for the entire day (after 10.00 am cover order trade)... Even tech help from Zerodha via team viewer failed.

However, AMAZINGLY, everything is fine since today morning.

jagankris

The problem mainly occurs with Ztrader. Am also using NOW and TT.

Feedback from the other users of Nest Trader please ? Anyone using Samco trader ?
Thanks TP Bhai.

Meaning you don't face the problem/issue with NOW/TT ?

ZTrader is NestTrader by Zerodha and other brokers like RKSV,Composite edge too provide Nest trader. So the issue is broker infrastructure specific ? or with the Software(Nest trader) ? -Please share your feedback.