Trading Price Rejections, Fakeouts

trader.trends

now lic housing has triggered long 825.5

tt, whats yr list of 8 ?
Bandlab
Sorry for not responding during the day. I am not a full time trader. For this system I am trying out something new. I am trying to take "ME" out of the trading. I set up the rules. I log in at open spend 15 min to set up alerts on PIB and hand over the system to someone else to trade. They have to trade according to the rules. I basically cannot be infront of the trading screen and also don't like to. Being in front of the screen has been injurious to my economic health in the past. So once the rules are back tested and you feel confident about them, I am seeing if it is more successful if someone else trades for me. They will only take the trades generated by the signal. No impulsive trades, no trying out something else, no creating new rules on the fly, basically no discretion. This is a short term experiment.

Today ET has reported that 200 brokers have been given permission to introduce algo trading. Once that becomes common, I hope to switch over to that. Then the person with the robust system will survive.

Answering your questions, the stocks I track for this system are: Reliance, ONGC, Bhartiartl, HDFC, HDFCBANK, SBI, Infosys, ICICBANK.

Today, 6 stocks broke 2DL and Infy broke 2DH. reliance was neutral. But only ONGC crossed the PC after the break thus triggering the trade under the system. It ended in profit.

Thanks for reporting your trades live. Increases the confidence in the system.

bandlab2

Bandlab
Sorry for not responding during the day. I am not a full time trader. For this system I am trying out something new. I am trying to take "ME" out of the trading. I set up the rules. I log in at open spend 15 min to set up alerts on PIB and hand over the system to someone else to trade. They have to trade according to the rules. I basically cannot be infront of the trading screen and also don't like to. Being in front of the screen has been injurious to my economic health in the past. So once the rules are back tested and you feel confident about them, I am seeing if it is more successful if someone else trades for me. They will only take the trades generated by the signal. No impulsive trades, no trying out something else, no creating new rules on the fly, basically no discretion. This is a short term experiment.

Today ET has reported that 200 brokers have been given permission to introduce algo trading. Once that becomes common, I hope to switch over to that. Then the person with the robust system will survive.

Answering your questions, the stocks I track for this system are: Reliance, ONGC, Bhartiartl, HDFC, HDFCBANK, SBI, Infosys, ICICBANK.

Today, 6 stocks broke 2DL and Infy broke 2DH. reliance was neutral. But only ONGC crossed the PC after the break thus triggering the trade under the system. It ended in profit.

Thanks for reporting your trades live. Increases the confidence in the system.

i was off last 2 days. just saw yr message. great post !!!

exactly for same reasons i am looking for auto trading and did some research in last 6 months and designed a semi-auto system that would read the rules from afl and places orders on trader terminal. its completely proprietery and little crude at this time. once the brokers allow algo-based systems, then i will migrate

my trades are not matching with yours. becuase my RT data provider TDI takes data from yahoo and there is some mismatch between nse and yahoo. also some time TDI hi,lo doesnt match yahoo !!!

overall the system is generating around 70% profitable trades. allowing for slippage, brokerage it would be around 65%. for any auto trading system this should be above 75%. so we will need to come up with some tweaks for this. i have couple of ideas around this, would need yr help. pl check yr pm

trader.trends

None of the stocks triggered trade today.

For the first time this year, we had the 2 day High and 2 day low broken on the same day in both Bank Nifty and Nifty. Both of them broke the 2 day low first. Then they crossed the previous close and did not come down again. BNF would have given close to 100 points today if held till LTP. Nifty would have given 20 points.