Trading for Living -- Successfully Completed one year as Full Time Trader

VJAY

Currently I am using only the three strategies I have already discussed in this thread(butterflys, ratio spreads and naked shorts) . Nothing new.
If I try anything new I will post here.
Thanks amrutham sharing your strategy and explaining how to do adjustments when its go opposit of our position on live trading hours...I know its not good to traders to post live posts about their trades ..This thread should be one of the best thread on option trading ...Wish you best in your future trades..

mycall

Thanks amrutham sharing your strategy and explaining how to do adjustments when its go opposit of our position on live trading hours...I know its not good to traders to post live posts about their trades ..This thread should be one of the best thread on option trading ...Wish you best in your future trades..
This is the core issue I am always worried about... discussing about strategies and handling stressed positions are the best for imparting as well as enhancing / verifying knowledge going forward... but the moment real trades are put up live with levels what happens is some people immediately try to take positions along the lines and get ripped off during the course of the trade... this may not be hurting much financially... depends upon the size of the position... but surely is the biggest psychological disaster... take it from me.. I did it in my initial years and faced the consequences... the best outcome was it forced me to learn and research about the ins and outs of the market... bitter way... but yes... I... rather we... with the best friend of mine... have walked a long path since then and still walking... feel very happy about our progress

I sincerely appeal to all fellow TJ friends... amrutham is one of our best assets... doing some good thing in TJ... read and discuss his strategies here... but please don't push him too far... he has a lot at stake... it is not easy to deal with psychologically irrational behaviour and our market is just like that... please learn from his posts and other peers responding to queries here...

If my words hurt anyone reading this post, I express my unconditional apologies in advance...

Thank you friends... our market is expanding timeframe from October I guess... be safe and enjoy the show...

Thanks amrutham for sharing your strategy....amrutham you have good amount for option trading I would like to know you park this money in liquid bees and than do option writing by keeping liquid bees as collateral or you keep your entire capital in cash please share your views

Aman1

This is a great thread. I have gone through only 20 pages so far but can see the thread starter trades for living. Really very very useful thread on options. I plan to go through each post in this thread in coming days. Thank you Amrutham. please keep going.

SarangSood

BN was too hot to handle today. Infact this whole series is too much volatile.

Looks like I am going to end this month in red. If it happens, then it will be the first month in red after Oct 2017. Decreased the position size drastically for the rest of the week.
2nd part of October'17 was quite similar to this with volatile moves on Diwali day and demonetization. But it ended pretty good, as all the premium was left to be eaten on the last day. Too early to tell how it will end this month but the rising premium suggest likewise. Also The short strangle hasn't held up well in the last 3 weeks.