Trading as Profession

Hi

Currently I am in the same state of mind as you were

Can you please share your experience and advice

How far is your career change going on.

Regards
Muthu

Dear members I'm really new to trading but i have read commendable work done by seniors(saint sir, cv sir, st sir, raghavsir) to name a few and right now thinking of making trading my full time profession. i currently manage my business which is doing well.. and hence thinking will it be worthwhile to switch to full time trading.. or will i ever b able to earn more than my current bussiness.. ever:confused:. Trading capital can b arranged and i do have a backup capital even if I loose my trading capital..seniors n members, it will be quite helpfull if u guide me. Sorry if I ask for too much... as i didnt know where to submit my query..

thanking in advance:thanx:..n waiting for reply

Regards

sanefellow:)

mithoon

If you are ready to spend the next 1.5yrs to 2yrs without expecting any returns and manage to survive the emotional beating and put in a LOT of hard work and just look at it as a learning phase ,you will succeed ,cos that is how long it takes(min) to become a trader.

Last edited:
This is a good idea to earn big money in less time BUT do not leave your job. Join a brokers firm to share your knowledge and earn huge incomes. Do it as part time trading

Can anybody suggest the strock market tranding book for beginners? Is should contain some examples inculding balance sheet and use of various parameters for stock selection.
I searched for such book but I found of foreign author. I want the book which is for the Indian market.

Gaur_Krishna

Very wise words... Thanks Saint for revealing your journey & thanks Tlahuicole for guiding me to this very old post...
Hi Shaju,

I was a doctor by profession.......but the last many years have been trading for my daily bread.

To cut a highly tedious long story short,trading was my passion,medicine was my profession.Used to work mornings and trade the US markets in the nights......But once regular profits started to come in,and the income was much,much more from trading than medicine,at a certain point,it became ridiculous to hold on to something that I was not that bothered about anyway.......Medicine gave way to full time trading.

Have I felt that I should run back to Medicine at any time?Not so far....

Is it all a bed of roses?No way.The months when you don't earn from the markets,you wish that you were a doctor earning a regular income,or a trader giving some seminars,or making some money off newsletters,etc. There is a lot of pain that you have to endure,it's a tumultous path to huge incomes.........But if you can sort it all out,and you have a set capital to fall back on,and you have an understanding family,nothing beats this path.

Would I change this for anything in the world?No way!!

Should you quit your job and take up full time trading?Well,for a start,trade part time and see if you have what it takes to do this.Meanwhile build up a good capital,not only capital to trade,but something that you can fall back upon.And then see..........if you have the capital,and all the rest that is required off you and the guts to travel this path,welcome to the club.

All the best!
Saint

If you are ready to spend the next 1.5yrs to 2yrs without expecting any returns and manage to survive the emotional beating and put in a LOT of hard work and just look at it as a learning phase ,you will succeed ,cos that is how long it takes(min) to become a trader.
Right suggestion.

Correct! 2 years of solid grind is what it takes to stabilise,firm up the process, eradicating repetitive mistakes. Once you are through this baptism by fire,then the money starts coming in , 1st as a trickle & then as a flood, but most importantly there is consistency in the income & the losses you make are not because of stock market vagaries but mostly due to human error .