Trading according to Karthiks strategy..

Does ATP method is prfitable for your trade?

• Yes

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Not all the time

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anup

Yes...the ATP of yday is 5947.47 and today u got the first sell signal with low of 5931.55. The trade fullfilled on 6th candle with making a low of 5895.00 (35 points!)

Karthik
karthik, can we use spot nifty for ATP and check the sell/buy signal for ATP and using spot levels can we take position in futures?

karthik_sri

Thanks Karthik :) Clear explanation. But in some cases (Eg: Post# 89), we are waiting to monitor the next ATP candle and then take the trade call based on that. In this SAIL case... why are we not checking the subsequent ATP candle before initiating trade?

Am I missing something? Please clarify.
Just to clarify...

If u look at the RELCAPITAL (ref post#89) chart the price touch the ATP and closed above the ATP which means we have to buy on high of the candle. But subsequently the price didnt touch/meet the high price which u can see from the next candles. The candle again touch the ATP and closed above the ATP indicating us to buy. But if you see the chart there is no Bearish setup or Sell setup happened inbetween the candle. Why the buy is not initiated is to avoid whipsaws! because i see the ATP as a median line and to initiate the opposite trade (buy & sell) the price should go and above so that movement will be there or otherwise the price will be in sideways market. But if the sideways trend is broken it will give good result but as a rule i wont enter the trade. Please observe some highly trade scrips (Adani, Tatasteel, SBI, ICICI) for 2-3 days with this strategy and u will get an idea of this.:)

Karthik

karthik_sri

karthik, can we use spot nifty for ATP and check the sell/buy signal for ATP and using spot levels can we take position in futures?
Better to take the Future levels of ATP as price touching the ATP is very important and at times even 0.01 paise difference will make much difference on your buy/sell call which i have experienced in past. The ATP levels you can find from here.

http://www.nseindia.com/products/content/derivatives/equities/historical_fo.htm

The formula for arriving ATP is (Turnover/No.of Contracts)/lot size. Thanks to one of the member of Traderji who shared this.

Karthik

karthik_sri

karthik, one question.. where can i get the ATP of nifty futures, how is the success rate for nifty futures?...
I have posted the link in my previous post. I avoid NIFTY Futures the reason is to gain Rs.1000/- u should minimu get 20 points and the margin required is around Rs.35k But at the same time if you take TATAMOTORS or ADANIENT the margin required is also same as Rs.35k to Rs.40k and lot size is 1000 which means a Re.1/- movement will give u Rs.1000/- whereas in NIFTY u have to wait for 20 points. Secondly NIFTY is the Index which is comprised of the weightage of 50 stocks and NIFTY will move if all the STOCKS move whereas i am trying to capture the moving Stocks rather the Index.:):):thumb:

anup

I have posted the link in my previous post. I avoid NIFTY Futures the reason is to gain Rs.1000/- u should minimu get 20 points and the margin required is around Rs.35k But at the same time if you take TATAMOTORS or ADANIENT the margin required is also same as Rs.35k to Rs.40k and lot size is 1000 which means a Re.1/- movement will give u Rs.1000/- whereas in NIFTY u have to wait for 20 points. Secondly NIFTY is the Index which is comprised of the weightage of 50 stocks and NIFTY will move if all the STOCKS move whereas i am trying to capture the moving Stocks rather the Index.:):):thumb:
will u trade ATP method in options or equities?

bro fr intraday now ,zerodha is giving 25% of margin