Trade Tiger - Tips, Tricks and Hints

newbie_7

hi,

there is so much of confusion with trade tiger....problem is you don't play around with it enough.

with regards to wwap...as was rightly pointed out...you can plot it on a one day intraday chart only.

you can merge it with the price by simply clicking on the small box mentioning the name of the indicator and dragging it into the price...a small arrow will guide you while dragging....release it in the price box and you have price with wwap.

one of the few things you cannot do with trade tiger is superimpose the price chart on the index chart...I have heard you can do that in zerodha pi...but you will have to wait for my grandson to help you with that...a good fifty years away..!!;)

regards..

newbie_7

hi,

there is so much of confusion with trade tiger....problem is you don't play around with it enough.

with regards to wwap...as was rightly pointed out...you can plot it on a one day intraday chart only.

you can merge it with the price by simply clicking on the small box mentioning the name of the indicator and dragging it into the price...a small arrow will guide you while dragging....release it in the price box and you have price with wwap.

one of the few things you cannot do with trade tiger is superimpose the price chart on the index chart...I have heard you can do that in zerodha pi...but you will have to wait for my grandson to help you with that...a good fifty years away..!!;)

regards..

newbie_7
I tried merging the panels, but maybe I am not dragging it properly.

Anyway, I got a call from Sharekhan around 2.30pm (somebody called Vinay) who said that my suggestion for having VWAP on 5 days intraday TF has been passed on to the technical dept. and that they will look it up.

newbie_7

hi,

its easy really...just drag the small box that has the name of the indicator and a "X" to delete the indicator if you don't want it...

as soon as you drag a small arrow will appear...take it to the price window and release it...that's it...

you can drag all indicators like stochastics, macd, rsi etc if you want to..

hope this helps...

regards,,

newbie_7

newbie_7

timepass,

just one more thing...the reply the sharekhan guy gave you is a standard one...VWAP is calculated for one day only...

just google this - "is VWAP only for intraday "- and you will know why...

the guys at every broker are basically sales guys who don't know much about trading....like I said...its a stock reply.

newbie_7

Krushna

Is it possible to draw support/resistance zones on TT 30 day chart (30min, hourly, etc) like it can be done in Amibroker? (the rectangles which can be right /left extended)

DSM

Hi Krushna,

TT will allow you to draw lines. As you want horizontal lines, right click on the chart, click Horizontal Line and place it at the support and do the same step for placing another line at resistance. I guess this is what you are looking for.

Is it possible to draw support/resistance zones on TT 30 day chart (30min, hourly, etc) like it can be done in Amibroker? (the rectangles which can be right /left extended)

Krushna

Hi Krushna,

TT will allow you to draw lines. As you want horizontal lines, right click on the chart, click Horizontal Line and place it at the support and do the same step for placing another line at resistance. I guess this is what you are looking for.
Thank you DSM. Your suggestion worked for me, though Ami has a little advanced way of drawing a zone and putting some colour in it.

krushna,

support/ resistance zones are areas around the horizontal line you draw...the stock does not actually have to kiss that line...another trader has explained to you how to draw horizontal support/ resistance lines...and as he rightly said...that's all you need really.

timepass,

you can draw free lines or whatever you want with different colours but each time you will have to go to graph settings and change the default colour. For stuff that you draw and redraw all the time like s/r lines, retracements etc its a total waste of time and just not worth it. As for removing labels of various lines/ retracements...just go to graph settings and uncheck "show name" and it will not show the next time you draw. Similarly there are other options too that you can uncheck if it hinders your view of charts.

regards,

newbie_7

raul12

I prefer drawing trendlines on charts. But once I select it from tools (or if I press ctrl + T ) I get to draw a trendline. But after I've made a trendline, and if I want to draw another trendline, then I have to again press ctrl + T. It becomes slightly annoying because I may draw 3-4 trendlines per chart.

Is there an option to permanently set the mode to drawing trendlines and once you've drawn them then change it back to normal mode?
I guess my post got buried.
Pls respond if anyone know the solution for this.