Trade Smart Online

I am using Nest 3.14.4; that doesn't need the patch, right ?

Anyway, the NestPlus isn't reliable. It stops updating the bars 3-4 times a day and stays stuck at one point of time. The price updates, but a new bar isn't generated.

That apart, I appreciate that you update the ledger the fastest of all the brokers. Equities get updated before 6pm, F&O before 7pm.
Dear VNS,
Please clarify the third entry marked as "?" in below Admin positions window for version 3.14.4.6. Please make a note, it is very INCONVENIENT to read because of your software overlap problems. Please provide me other version with a clear views.
View attachment 24398
This is working fine at our end. Pls check the screenshot. It may be a resolution issue. Can you please try changing the resolution and see if that works?

I am using Nest 3.14.4; that doesn't need the patch, right ?

Anyway, the NestPlus isn't reliable. It stops updating the bars 3-4 times a day and stays stuck at one point of time. The price updates, but a new bar isn't generated.

That apart, I appreciate that you update the ledger the fastest of all the brokers. Equities get updated before 6pm, F&O before 7pm.
You are correct. For 3.14.4, you'll not need to update the patch.

kaly422000

Hello
This issue is due to NEST patch update. We had sent an email on 30th Jan with subject [IMPORTANT] Mandatory patch for NEST Trader asking all our users to update a patch on Nest Trader. Seems like you missed that email.

You are therefore requested to check our email and update the patch in Nest trader terminal. For your convenience we've also created a YouTube video showing how to check the Nest trader version and how to apply the patch to your Nest trader.
will that patch will work now. any way i prefered 3.11.4.6 as it wud suit my system as ram is low and system is old dual core. any way customer care sent 3.14.4.6 and installed satisfactory but it start slowly in my system(2gb ram and pentium dual core of 2012). hope thomson will do needfull to be suited for old dual core system with low ram.

Hello
This issue is due to NEST patch update. We had sent an email on 30th Jan with subject [IMPORTANT] Mandatory patch for NEST Trader asking all our users to update a patch on Nest Trader. Seems like you missed that email.

You are therefore requested to check our email and update the patch in Nest trader terminal. For your convenience we've also created a YouTube video showing how to check the Nest trader version and how to apply the patch to your Nest trader.
will that patch will work now. any way i prefered 3.11.4.6 as it wud suit my system as ram is low and system is old dual core. any way customer care sent 3.14.4.6 and installed satisfactory but it start slowly in my system(2gb ram and pentium dual core of 2012). hope thomson will do needfull to be suited for old dual core system with low ram.
The patch would have worked even now.

Hello lvgandhi
Sorry the unlimited trading plans have been discontinued a few months ago. The message you've posted is about 5 years old.
Hello VNS,

Maybe now it is time to do away with the 2 different plans and combine them into one - 0.007% or Rs. 15/-, whichever lower (i.e. max Rs. 15)

You see, the problem is that the power plan is cheaper for futures, and the value plan (my current plan) is cheaper for equities. Of course, the Power plan would be cheaper for equities if sufficient quantities were traded in one order.

e.g. If I buy 500 shares of Unionbank @94.7 and sell at 95, then the brokerage as per the power plan is Rs. 30 for the round trade, whereas for value plan it is Rs. 6.64; a huge gap. Of course, there would be no gap if I trade 2300 quantity.

Since I use the bracket order for intraday, there is a goodly chance that my buy order may be executed in more than one trade, thus generating multiple sell (target) orders, each costing Rs. 15 in power plan; whereas for value plan there would be no difference in brokerage whether it was executed in one part or 20.

Coming to futures, the power plan is certainly cheaper. If I trade 1 lot banknifty, then the brokerage for one round trade using the power plan is Rs. 30, whereas for value plan it is about Rs. 140. The gap is huge and a deterrent.

So, I revert to my original request - combine both the plans and offer 0.007% or Rs. 15/- per trade, whichever is lower. This is just a suggestion.

cloudTrader

Hello VNS,

Maybe now it is time to do away with the 2 different plans and combine them into one - 0.007% or Rs. 15/-, whichever lower (i.e. max Rs. 15)

You see, the problem is that the power plan is cheaper for futures, and the value plan (my current plan) is cheaper for equities. Of course, the Power plan would be cheaper for equities if sufficient quantities were traded in one order.

e.g. If I buy 500 shares of Unionbank @94.7 and sell at 95, then the brokerage as per the power plan is Rs. 30 for the round trade, whereas for value plan it is Rs. 6.64; a huge gap. Of course, there would be no gap if I trade 2300 quantity.

Since I use the bracket order for intraday, there is a goodly chance that my buy order may be executed in more than one trade, thus generating multiple sell (target) orders, each costing Rs. 15 in power plan; whereas for value plan there would be no difference in brokerage whether it was executed in one part or 20.

Coming to futures, the power plan is certainly cheaper. If I trade 1 lot banknifty, then the brokerage for one round trade using the power plan is Rs. 30, whereas for value plan it is about Rs. 140. The gap is huge and a deterrent.

So, I revert to my original request - combine both the plans and offer 0.007% or Rs. 15/- per trade, whichever is lower. This is just a suggestion.
Combine both the plans and offer 0.007% or Rs. 15/- per trade, whichever is lower.

I strongly second this suggestion, as after doing away with Unlimited plan its high time to do away with this problematic affair. In BO it indeed gives a lot of trouble with high volume orders in cash segment.

Combine both the plans and offer 0.007% or Rs. 15/- per trade, whichever is lower.

I strongly second this suggestion, as after doing away with Unlimited plan its high time to do away with this problematic affair. In BO it indeed gives a lot of trouble with high volume orders in cash segment.
I kept wondering - I have known VNS ever since their presence on this forum, I have had an account for many years, I have a good impression of their services and voice that opinion often, but then why don't I trade more often with them ?? Well, this is the answer I found :)