To Think or Not to Think

Hi
I am not sure how many of us would be interested in this but all i can say is lets see.

I would be putting in some brain teasers here would be fun to see who would get it right first. Something to fresh up our mind. If it does not work i will stop soon.

here goes the first one

1) Let's say that you were a bus driver. At the 1st stop 10 people got on the bus, 2nd stop 3 people got on the bus and 2 got off, 3rd stop 23 people got on and 9 got off, 4th stop 53 people got on, 5th stop 30 people got off another 2 people got off and then got back on, and 4 got on at this bus stop. Now at the last stop before the bus came to its final destination 29 peolpe got on and 23 people got on.

What was the bus drivers name?

and the second...

2) If it is snowing at midnight, what is the possibility that it will be sunny in the same place 72 hours later?

aad

Hi
I am not sure how many of us would be interested in this but all i can say is lets see.

I would be putting in some brain teasers here would be fun to see who would get it right first. Something to fresh up our mind. If it does not work i will stop soon.

here goes the first one

1) Let's say that you were a bus driver. At the 1st stop 10 people got on the bus, 2nd stop 3 people got on the bus and 2 got off, 3rd stop 23 people got on and 9 got off, 4th stop 53 people got on, 5th stop 30 people got off another 2 people got off and then got back on, and 4 got on at this bus stop. Now at the last stop before the bus came to its final destination 29 peolpe got on and 23 people got on.

What was the bus drivers name?

and the second...

2) If it is snowing at midnight, what is the possibility that it will be sunny in the same place 72 hours later?
My takes :

1. ABHAY is the driver's name, as I am going to be a driver as per your first line.
2. Chances are NIL because a midnight is a midnight after every multiple of 24 hours...

I hope I got it right. Let me know.

Abhay (AAD)

pkjha30

HI adi

1. I will not be able to answer your question as talking is not permitted while driving the bus.

2. I wouldn't know that as I would be fast asleep.

sorry man,I know you are intelligent( Don't ask me how I knew this when you kept it a top secret, we are in the same forum) and you will find answer.:):D

pankaj:)

Not bad Abhay but that was just warm up ... here we start

3) Two ropes. Each one can burn in exactly one hour. They are not necessarily of the same length or width as each other. They also are not of uniform width (may be thiner/wider in middle than on the end), thus burning half of the rope is not necessarily 1/2 hour.

By burning the ropes, how do you measure exactly 45 minutes worth of time?

4) Yesterday in a party, I asked Mr. Lal his birthday. With a mischievous glint in his eyes he replied. "The day before yesterday I was 83 years old and next year I will be 86."

what is the Date of Birth of Mr. Lal? Assume that the current year is 2000.

murthymsr

well, one from me too!

there are three temples in a row, housing three powerful dieties. whenever any holy person carries some flowers into the temple, the flowers are doubled.

a holy priest carries a basket of flowers and performs puja everyday with equal number of flowers in each of the temples one after another and by the end exhausts all the flowers.

please tell me how many flowers he carries into the first temple and how many flowers he uses to

perform puja in each of the temples?

Oh Lord, bless the person who posts the answer.

murthymsr

Initialy he had 7 flowers and he offers 8 flowers in each temple
may God bless you!

this is the smallest of the infinite set of answers.

well, even [0,0] is a logically correct answer!

pkjha30

Not bad Abhay but that was just warm up ... here we start

3) Two ropes. Each one can burn in exactly one hour. They are not necessarily of the same length or width as each other. They also are not of uniform width (may be thiner/wider in middle than on the end), thus burning half of the rope is not necessarily 1/2 hour.

By burning the ropes, how do you measure exactly 45 minutes worth of time?
Burn one rope from both sides and anothe one from one side. First rope will be out in 1/2 hr then light the second rope from the other end and it will be out in 15 minutes.You have 45 minutes elapsed:)
???:confused:

pankaj

pkjha30

4) Yesterday in a party, I asked Mr. Lal his birthday. With a mischievous glint in his eyes he replied. "The day before yesterday I was 83 years old and next year I will be 86."

what is the Date of Birth of Mr. Lal? Assume that the current year is 2000.
31.12.1915 ???
:confused:
Pankaj