Three Macd Indicator Method

I dont think his idea was being resisted? If a feedback is called resistence then the scope of further progress will be blocked forever. There is nothing to be touchy-feely about it but I guess it's become fashionable to have such feedbacks called seniors' hammering (Unfortunately only a few among us incl. Karthik and certainly not me are worthy to wear that tag on their sleeves).

Futher, IMHO, an idea in a development phase should not be posted on a public platform for advisory purposes till the time it's been finetuned and properly back-tested. Ofcourse, one can always ask for feedback and even if it's coming unsolicited from somebody who is wise, he has your and not his best interests in mind.

Hope, the message is accepted in its true sense.

Best Regards,
--Ashish
Hi,
First of all, there is no such thing as "seniors hammering" has taken place.
No one has read what messages has been put by me and kartik. That is between me and kartik. When we are in public forum, there is bound to be a
disagreement, but we take it in true spirit.

Secondly, when an idea has been served, no one is forcing anyone to use it.
It has been backtested. Everyone in this forum has their own "trading system"
and they do share with others. No one has objected to the method, it was only the time frame that was discussed.

I again repeat, this method was developed on the trading system of VVONTERU's swing trading method, by whose consultation and approval
i posted this method.

No trading system system is perfect. Now, one must understand, that when someone says finetuning the system, he is asking other members advice.

So far I have not received any advice from anyone. Karthik suggested that
the "time frame" is lagging, so u could miss important upmove. I said, I am
basically looking for stocks trending 2 month high or 3 month high, which
confirms "intermediate uptrend". Then we wait for a pullback, then enter.
He suggested me to read "MARTIN PRING'S" book which has a similar system,
and i replied I will definetly read it. That's it.

There is no need to create ego hassels. Let's take this method in true spirit.
There are also others who appreciated this method. If members still have problem, I request "TRADERJI" to close this thread.

Regards,

Sonu M.:)

Hi,
First of all, there is no such thing as "seniors hammering" has taken place.
No one has read what messages has been put by me and kartik. That is between me and kartik. When we are in public forum, there is bound to be a
disagreement, but we take it in true spirit.
I did read it when the message was posted.

Secondly, when an idea has been served, no one is forcing anyone to use it.
It has been backtested. Everyone in this forum has their own "trading system"
and they do share with others. No one has objected to the method, it was only the time frame that was discussed.
Of course no body is forcing anybody to use it. Neither anybody has objected to your method. However, Backtesting only on 6 months' dats is not proper backtesting.

No trading system system is perfect. Now, one must understand, that when someone says finetuning the system, he is asking other members advice.
That's what karthik attempted to do but was the reply for it fitting?

There is no need to create ego hassels. Let's take this method in true spirit.
There are also others who appreciated this method. If members still have problem, I request "TRADERJI" to close this thread.

Regards,

So here the ego is coming, is not it? BTW, don't you think that the post was in reply to GKhera's post and not a comment on your thread itself and it's good to see than in not more than 15 days you have progressed to designing trading systems from a person who was not aware of Moving Average. It speaks volumes about your efforts.

Best Regards,
-Ashish

Last edited:
Of course no body is forcing anybody to use it. Neither anybody has objected to your method. However, Backtesting only on 6 months' dats is not proper backtesting.
I know that. I have never said it was backtested on 6 months data. It was
backtested on 2 to 3 yrs of data on different stocks. But due to data upload
problems, I was unable to upload it. You can test it on icharts.in

That's what karthik attempted to do but was the reply for it fitting?
How do u know whether the reply was fitting or not when u dont' know
what was the reply? I have repeatedly said, it was mutual agreement and
disagreement. There is no use to drag the poor guy's name again and again, when there is no such issue at all .Lets end this argument once and for all.
He asked me to delete his post and mine as well, for which I agreed . If there was something objectionable, he would have objected more.But there was no such thing as one could imagine. For the last time, I am quoting our discussion .
He never said there is problem with the system, he suggested the problem with time-lagging effect, to which I responded that it was meant for that, as it searches for stocks that are trending for last 2 to 3 months high. He then suggested to read the book by MARTIN PRING,where a similar system is suggested with ROC method. I replied I will definetly read it.

The problem began when we deleted our post. I think it would have been better if we had not deleted our posts. There were no personal comments made and I would definetly not resort to any such kind of ways.

So here the ego is coming, is not it? BTW, don't you think that the post was in reply to GKhera's post and not a comment on your thread itself and it's good to see than in not more than 15 days you have progressed to designing trading systems from a person who was not aware of Moving Average. It speaks volumes about your efforts.
There is no ego comming. I said there must be no ego hassels between members. I know the post was meant for Gkhera's post, but u have mentioned
about the system compatibility, to which I clarified my point.

I will just give u a short description of the system. Plz be patient.

1. When MACD (8,50,1) is below "0" value, that means 8 day ema < 50 day
ema, that means bearish for short term.
2. When MACD (50,200,1) is below "0" value, that means 50 day ema < 200
day ema, bearish for intermediate term.
3. When both values are above "0" value, that means the 8>50>200 day ema
The stock is in trending mode.

This is was not invented by me, but by VVONTERU. He directly used mov. avg,
to which I suggested same could be done with MACD values. And he did liked
the method. I have provided the link in this thread, but I will once again give
the link.
http://www.traderji.com/56478-post931.html

I have given him the credit in the first post itself.

And as far as my learning speed is concerned, it is better left to the individual.
I have a sound knowledge of mov. avg. and MACD, if it was not, I would have
never started this thread.

The real problem began when I posted a thread in this forum, regarding a site
that scans stocks. For which u graciously suggested "buzzingstocks.com", and
I still appreciate for that. But the site was of no use and u suggested to post
questions in VVONTERU'S post, which I was following even before I posted any thread in this forum.

But, my friend, unnecessary misunderstandings are happening between us.
I request u, lets stop this discussion now itself. Otherwise u will reply and
then I will reply, and the argument will never end. We are matured guys, lets
behave like that.

I again repeat, I HAVE NOT INSULTED OR HUMILIATED ANY MEMBER IN THIS
FORUM AND WILL NEVER BOW DOWN TO ANY SUCH NASTY METHODS IN FUTURE AS WELL.

Regards,

Last edited:
To all respected members,

Plz read the following:

I have immense respect and high regards for TRADERJI.com. This forums has
helped me to learn the basics of trading, better than any trading books.
I am thankful to all my gurus TRADERJI, SAINT AND VVONTERU, of whose
thread I have been following and am still learning.

I always wanted to give back to traderji from what I can give. That was
the only intention to begin this thread. I gave the credit to VVonteru, so
that whoever thinks this system works, will also go thru his thread. All
credit goes to VVONTERU for encouraging and guiding me in this.

One important thing I learned from this forum was "THERE IS NO HOLY
GRAIL IN THE MARKET". Which means " NO SYSTEM IS PERFECT".
Everyone in this forum has their own system and they religiously follow
it. And likewise, many share their system with others. So did I. I wanted a
healthy discussion to take place. When we are discussing, there is going
to be agreement and disagreements, but then we take each others point
and find a common solution. That was my sole intention. But I dont' think
it is happening that way. It is better to stop this thread. I will be
requesting TRADERJI to stop this thread. This is not shaping in the true
spirit of TRADERJI forum. Any inconvinience is regretted.

Regards,

Timtimlee,

Yup, I have seen both Karhik's & Your's post. Hence I know.
In any case, No need to close the thread as some of the traders may benefit from it. As my comments were off the mark and against the spirit of forum, in your judement, I will bow out of the discusson.

Thanks & Best Regards,
--Ashish

Timtimlee,

Yup, I have seen both Karhik's & Your's post. Hence I know.
In any case, No need to close the thread as some of the traders may benefit from it. As my comments were off the mark and against the spirit of forum, in your judement, I will bow out of the discusson.

Thanks & Best Regards,
--Ashish
Ashish,
I am not blaming u or anyone. In my judgement, there has been
misundestanding from both sides. I still appreciate ur comments. The spirit
of the forum is maintained when we will respect each others point of view.
God Bless U. I will always remember u for u were the first one to reply me in
this forum .

Best of Luck,

Regards,

Sonu M. :)

Hello,

This thread is becoming more and more interesting. The author started with three MACD and poor guy is getting too many MACDs from all sides. Come on let him complete his work of contributing to the forum. The let the members decide the method is worthy or not. In between please do not draw displaced moving averages.

Patience sonu, they are not gunning for you. Most of the suggestions if you kindly read it once more is innocus. No harm or ill feeling meant in it. They are just some suggestions of course some put in a liitle hard manner. You are doing a good job in the sense you and karthik are not afraid of trying or sharing new methods in Technical Analysis different from the standard TA.

Of all the people Karthik is the star in the middle. How nice.Of late I no longer see his posts in his own thread.

Regards

Saji

Hello,

This thread is becoming more and more interesting. The author started with three MACD and poor guy is getting too many MACDs from all sides. Come on let him complete his work of contributing to the forum. The let the members decide the method is worthy or not. In between please do not draw displaced moving averages.

Patience sonu, they are not gunning for you. Most of the suggestions if you kindly read it once more is innocus. No harm or ill feeling meant in it. They are just some suggestions of course some put in a liitle hard manner. You are doing a good job in the sense you and karthik are not afraid of trying or sharing new methods in Technical Analysis different from the standard TA.

Of all the people Karthik is the star in the middle. How nice.Of late I no longer see his posts in his own thread.

Regards

Saji

Hi Saji,
There were some misunderstanding which has been sorted out. I wanted all the members to try this system and see if they can benefit from
it, or alter it according to their taste.This method is different from traditional
TA as u rightly said. What I meant by finetuning, is that I am using "daily" data, now I am testing it on weekly data. The reults are completely opposite from daily data. I will post it soon.

I have no grudge against anyone. Infact, there was nothing at all in all the replies. The point of discussion was "When to actually enter a market,
or, a stock" . To which, I believe the subjest is of market timing.
So everyone will have their own opinion. I am open to suggestions and would
like people to use this method according to their own system.

I know ,no harm or ill feeling is meant in any of it, but it is necessary to clarify
one's stand when someone raises a point.

Still, somehow, now, I am not feeling comfortable to reply or discuss.

May be I'll start a new thread, with new methods.

I think that "Trailing stoploss" can be detemined by difference between Moving avgs. I am doing my research on it.

Anways, thanks for ur reply and encouragement.

Regards,

kenneth

Hi Saji,
Infact, there was nothing at all in all the replies. The point of discussion was "When to actually enter a market,
UNQUOTE]

Hi Sonu,

Super impose all the three MACDs in one window for better viewing and take the Buy/ Sell signals where short term MACD is crossing the Medium Term or Long term MACD and/ or Medium term MACD Crossing Long Term MACD in addition to considering Zero Crossovers. Many times you will get two or three signals coinciding on the same period which will give you strong signals. Test your system and see if better results are generated than just zero cross over.

You must have spent a lot of time in replying the mails as it has for others reading them.

Continue with your research and share it with us. All the best
Ken

Hi Saji,
Infact, there was nothing at all in all the replies. The point of discussion was "When to actually enter a market,
UNQUOTE]

Hi Sonu,

Super impose all the three MACDs in one window for better viewing and take the Buy/ Sell signals where short term MACD is crossing the Medium Term or Long term MACD and/ or Medium term MACD Crossing Long Term MACD in addition to considering Zero Crossovers. Many times you will get two or three signals coinciding on the same period which will give you strong signals. Test your system and see if better results are generated than just zero cross over.

You must have spent a lot of time in replying the mails as it has for others reading them.

Continue with your research and share it with us. All the best
Ken
Hi ken,

Thanks . I was waiting for a reply like urs. Thanks for ur encouragement. I will definetly test ur method, but I will update in a new thread. I have developed some methods of "POSITION MANAGEMENT",
using ATR, I will post along with it.

There is an indicator called "HV RATIO" that is best for swing trading. Unfortunately, I am not getting it from any site or software. Hence I am using MACD to test it.

Thanks once again.

Regards,