I can help you with stock chart reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far it works good.

Can you give an example. I was looking at SATYAMCOMP. It was not clear, unless you want to fit in the result.
Hi VV,

Thanks for trying. No one can fit in result.This is my trial phase, there is bound to be an error. I think the error would be in the values i quoted, but basically what i said was, 2nd. indicator is trending more than 1st. indicator,
that means, 2nd. indicator is more acute than 1st. indicator. Below i have
attached chart of SATYAMCOMP. Please go through, if u still feel it is not working, i will alter my findings.

Regards,

Sonu M. :)

Attachments

Hi VV,

Thanks for trying. No one can fit in result.This is my trial phase, there is bound to be an error. I think the error would be in the values i quoted, but basically what i said was, 2nd. indicator is trending more than 1st. indicator,
that means, 2nd. indicator is more acute than 1st. indicator. Below i have
attached chart of SATYAMCOMP. Please go through, if u still feel it is not working, i will alter my findings.

Regards,

Sonu M. :)
In this case, it did work. I understand the reasoning behind what you are getting at. What U are looking for is, if difference between short term ema (8) and intermediate term ema (50) is reducing compared to difference between 50 day ema and 200 ema, then a correction can be expected.

But, if go and look at the chart earlier to May, there were several times MACD(8,50,1) went below MACD(50,200,1). This did result in correction, but not a lot like in May.

MACD(3,10,1) also looks good. Good work.

In this case, it did work. I understand the reasoning behind what you are getting at. What U are looking for is, if difference between short term ema (8) and intermediate term ema (50) is reducing compared to difference between 50 day ema and 200 ema, then a correction can be expected.

But, if go and look at the chart earlier to May, there were several times MACD(8,50,1) went below MACD(50,200,1). This did result in correction, but not a lot like in May.

MACD(3,10,1) also looks good. Good work.
Thanks for ur response and encouragement. I am still finetuning it and will
elaborate more on "CORRECTION" in future. So far it has worked, and by your response, many will now use this method and benifit it. I have started a new thread in "TECHNICAL ANALYSIS" section about this system and named it
"THREE MACD INDICATOR METHOD". I have also credited u with my findings. Here is the link:
http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/7954-three-macd-indicator-method.html

Once again thanks for ur encouragement. I am doing intermarket analysis and
will update it soon.

Regards,

Sonu M.:)

Can anyone give me TA views on educomp . I entered the stock at 547 yesterday at someones recommendation that it'll touch 600 . Please give me fair opinions .

Harsh

Raju

Hi VV,

Need your analysis of Indian Oil (IOC ). Planning for Intraday on Monday.(28th Aug 2006)

Thanks in Advance,

Raju

Can anyone give me TA views on educomp . I entered the stock at 547 yesterday at someones recommendation that it'll touch 600 . Please give me fair opinions .

Harsh
It has already gained 30% in the last week. Also, 600 is above the bollinger band. It will be hard for the stock to keep up the momentum. It might pull back and probably move above. If it does, it will be 600 and beyond.

RUCHI INFRASTRUCTURE
--Low priced stock with low volume. Easy to manipulate. 25 is the resistance.

FCS SOFTWARE
--Looking at the stock from Oct 05, it is not impressive. Almost 80% of the time, it was below 50 day ema, with out a trend. It had a failed attempt to trend in May. Volume right now is considerably lower than that in May.

IOC
-- According to my methodolgy, the entry was on Friday. However, Friday's close is not far from where I would have liked to enter. So, go ahead and enter with adjustment to position size and stop loss.

For Monday:
GESCOCORP - Mahindra Gesco Developers
ATR(14) = 60
CMP = 721
Entry = 770
Stop = 600 (between 2*ATR & 3*ATR and below low of 8/14/2006 as this was the start of the new uptrend)
Profit = Trail Stop
Position Size = Please use Excel calculator.

If you are not using or entering trades in the position size excel, you are not serious as a trader. One of the hard and boring part of trading is book keeping. But, if you don't, how do you analyze your profits and loses. Can you do business without book keeping?

Last edited:
hi,
I have been a regular watcher at this thread,and have been able to gather a lot of positive information.Need TA help on the following scripts,

1.Vsnl
2. centiry Textiles
3.Hindalco

regards,
sil

hi,
I have been a regular watcher at this thread,and have been able to gather a lot of positive information.Need TA help on the following scripts,
1.Vsnl
-- 420 is the resistance. Volume low in the recent upside. At this point, there are 2 things U can do with the stock. Either buy or stand aside.

2. centiry Textiles
-- It is going up slowly with less momentum. Volume has been low in the last 3 days. Buy or stay aside.

3.Hindalco
-- There was a failed attempt in Mid July. It is trying again. Wait for the crossover test and pull back before U enter.

General Comments:
Look at ATR of above 3 stocks. Look also ATR of nifty and sensex. From high of mid May to present, ATR of the indexes and the stocks have been falling. Ideally, a breakout from lows should be with high volume with higher ATR. Lower ATR might mean 2 things. Either its consolidation followed by higher volatility or we are going down. How and when do we know this? Future price action. Lets not predetermine change in market direction.

Last edited:
Vv
Your Comments On Tata Chemical.i Intend Going Long In It In Morning So If Comments Can Be Before Mkt Opens.when U Use Atr Does It Mean Avg Trading Rg.thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.