Is India's World Cup Cricket Success Driving the NIFTY Up Through Strong Resistance?

• Yes! Emotional buying. Market will reverse after the World Cup, irrespective of outcome.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No! Genuine bull run has resumed

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Not sure!

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ayush2020

Thanks Ayush! Woke up late today because I wasn't expecting such a huge down move right away (don't think many of us were) and noticed that it had already bounced from my intended target. Scrambled to get out at market. Makes a case for "Good Till Cancelled" orders on the NSE.
I mean, the MCX seems to have no problems with this. Anyone shed any light on why the NSE does not allow "GTC" orders?
what it mean GTC?? and how it works ?? :confused:

what it mean GTC?? and how it works ?? :confused:
Basically, it's placing a Limit order (buy or sell) that does not expire at the end of the trading session, but stays active in the trade server queue for about 30 days or as specified by the exchange. So if you have opened a position and want a "set and forget" strategy and set a profit target and a stop loss an dnot worry about waking up everyday and re-entering your stop loss and profit targets then you'd place a GTC limit order.

The MCX implements this without any problems (none that I have faced).

The Starving Trader

ayush2020

Basically, it's placing a Limit order (buy or sell) that does not expire at the end of the trading session, but stays active in the trade server queue for about 30 days or as specified by the exchange. So if you have opened a position and want a "set and forget" strategy and set a profit target and a stop loss an dnot worry about waking up everyday and re-entering your stop loss and profit targets then you'd place a GTC limit order.

The MCX implements this without any problems (none that I have faced).

The Starving Trader
ok got it..thanx

i hope nifty will crash from now on.... i m pretty unsure tht market might see the level which it is not meant for...
I posted it a year b4 on 1 april 2011... when market was at 5860.
i hope u might have seen till now... what i wanted to say..... now see.... 4300 soon.......starting this move in few trading sessions....

Last edited: