TechViews

RSI

Asish's post prompts me to post this. There are only three types of entries in to a trend. They are

1. Trading on a breakout (from the congestion formed in base) OR breakdown (from the congestion formed in top)

2. Trading on a pullback. This is after breakout/breakdown (as the case may be). This is when the trend is in progress.

3. Trading on a reversal of earlier trend. Frankly speaking, I am quite unsure as to whether I have written this third point in a clear "understandable" manner.

Risk attendent upon each entry is different than one another. Reward is also different.
For a quick understanding to the newbies, I have attached a hypothetical chart here.
I hope this helps
Thanks and regards
R. S. Iyer

Last edited:

karthikmarar

Sir break out yesterday

Regards
Satya
Nifty is not yet out of the woods..... First a close above 4970 is necessary... Volume has to come in.. and a few more obstacles to cross...

Most probably we may see some sideways movement till some economic cues or results provides the Buoyancy...

Chart enclosed..

Regards

Karthik

Last edited:

karthikmarar

Hi

It has been some time sdince i posted ....

We novices traders jump from one fancy to another ... So my latest fancy is the VSA (Volume Spread Analysis)

Posting a study of Hindalco based on VSA principles....

Hoping to get some good feedback from the seniors who are price action experts...

Guidance and brickbats welcome

Regards

Karthik

Attachments

Satyen

Asish's post prompts me to post this. There are only three types of entries in to a trend. They are

1. Trading on a breakout (from the congestion formed in base) OR breakdown (from the congestion formed in top)

2. Trading on a pullback. This is after breakout/breakdown (as the case may be). This is when the trend is in progress.

3. Trading on a reversal of earlier trend. Frankly speaking, I am quite unsure as to whether I have written this third point in a clear "understandable" manner.

Risk attendent upon each entry is different than one another. Reward is also different.
For a quick understanding to the newbies, I have attached a hypothetical chart here.
I hope this helps
Thanks and regards
R. S. Iyer

Thank you

Satya

Satyen

Nifty is not yet out of the woods..... First a close above 4970 is necessary... Volume has to come in.. and a few more obstacles to cross...

Most probably we may see some sideways movement till some economic cues or results provides the Buoyancy...

Chart enclosed..

Regards

Karthik

Thak you sir missed the post

Regards
Satya

D

darsh_goswami

Hi

It has been some time sdince i posted ....

We novices traders jump from one fancy to another ... So my latest fancy is the VSA (Volume Spread Analysis)

Posting a study of Hindalco based on VSA principles....

Hoping to get some good feedback from the seniors who are price action experts...

Guidance and brickbats welcome

Regards

Karthik
Dear Karthik ,..
Its always fun to see ur charts ,.. they are always useful and lodz of variety into it. Everytime u come up with something new ,.. n that makes u a special person over here.

I'm not too good with Volume Spreads ,.. but would really like to know how to find Demand n supply zones ,.. will try to code it in MS ,.. not sure just fantasy right now ... LOL...

but seems good ,.. plz teach me a little more about it.
Thanx ,..
Darsh

karthikmarar

Dear darsh

As I said before I am just experimenting with the VSA stuff.

I have trying to gather all the possible information. But unfortunately not much is available. The Tradeguider Guys do give some information but what they hide is much more than what they reveal. Tom william's book too does not dwell too much in to the subject.

But I think I can build on the basics I have now. The idea of posting the chart was to get some feed back but none seems forthcoming. Maybe VSA itself is not a widely known subject and has not found fancy in the forum. Right now the mood in the forum seems to be on building complex mathematical model based trading systems.

VSA is nothing but mixing candlesticks with volume. But not only volume but also the spread of the bar. The main difference between the candle stick study and VSA is that VSA ignores the open. At this stage I feel that building a system itself out of VSA is not an easy task. But VSA does help one to read the charts better and understand the market better.

Right now I am a student myself. A student trying to teach would be nothing short of impertinence...

Of course I will definitely come back to teach when I feel that I gained some understanding of the subject..

I did think of starting a thread to discuss the various aspects of VSA. Now that idea has been put on the backburner..

warm regards

Karthik

Last edited: