TechViews

U

uasish

Mr Iyer,

It is the ULTIMATE ; the mother of all,once anybody reaches to that point it is achieving Nirvana for a Trader.Still unable to find the hidden lock to open the hood.:mad:

Asish

kkseal

To me a brkdown in RNRL still seems more likely (even without the desc triangle) It's testing patience though no doubt, but then the stk has a history of long periods of consolidation followed by sharp moves (in either direction). Also the consolidation zones being formed (along with the 200dma) will act as resistance to any upmove - that'd make the shorting safer imo.

Regards,
Kalyan.

Statutory Warning: Going by opinion of inexperienced trader may be injurious to wealth

D

darsh_goswami

Asish

I am enclosing the details for the Pivot plotting for Metastock, can ypu please add an Input function for changing the "% Change". Currently metastock is not installed on my computer and so I am unable to add it.

Thanks

Regards
Karthik
dEAR KARTHIK,..
Thankx for sharing.

I hereby attaching 2 charts of nifty with expert developed by the instructions u have given.

1st chart is simple zigzag with Close. and Pivot expert. Here my question is all the expert symbols are delayed by 1 period. So when its exactly Higher high it displays next day. ( As much as i know it has to be , when u use ZigZag and peak trough functions. )

2nd chart is Zigzag with High and Low. Is it possible for anyone over here to decode pivots with Zigzag high and zig low?

P.S. --> I have no offense with the code provided by Karthik. Its just a simple step if we can improve it or not.

Regards,...
Darsh

Note : The zigzag reversal amount in both of the charts are 4%.

Attachments

U

uasish

Mr Iyer,

It is the ULTIMATE ; the mother of all,once anybody reaches to that point it is achieving Nirvana for a Trader.Still unable to find the hidden lock to open the hood.:mad:

Asish
We know each other quite some time now,i am angry on Self,trying & trying but unable to Open the Door to Nirvana.:)

RSI

To me a brkdown in RNRL still seems more likely (even without the desc triangle) It's testing patience though no doubt, but then the stk has a history of long periods of consolidation followed by sharp moves (in either direction). Also the consolidation zones being formed (along with the 200dma) will act as resistance to any upmove - that'd make the shorting safer imo.

Regards,
Kalyan.

Statutory Warning: Going by opinion of inexperienced trader may be injurious to wealth
I am not as experienced as you are. Nor have I been in the market as long as you have been. Are you suggesting that there may be a "test" of the panic bottom of Rs. 78/- made on 22/01/2008 or are you seeing a possibility of going down even below Rs. 78/-? Anyway, the view suggested by you is also quite possible. Got the point on statutory warning. I was extremely reluctant to post some one else's chart and make comments upon. But as I said in my earlier post, Asish asked for an explanation and at that point of time I could think of this chart only. That is why I have been apologising to the member whose chart I have posted here. To be fair to everyone including pointing out of my own mistakes, that may be there in my analysis, I asked for different views on that chart looking only on daily chart with no indicators as the member has done. I am glad that you have expressed your views. That is the only way many of us including me can learn. Analysing charts on real time and comparing it with our views as and when chart develops. Having some comments on historical chart without looking forward, IMO, does not and will not serve great purpose.

Yes. You have quite correctly pointed out a peculiar feature of that stock. Having history of long sideways consolidation with sharp breakout in either direction. That was missed by me. Only an experienced trader can see such finer points.
Thanks and regards
R. S. Iyer

Last edited:
D

darsh_goswami

We know each other quite some time now,i am angry on Self,trying & trying but unable to Open the Door to Nirvana.:)
Dear AshishDa ,...

Today while surfing the net i found this article along with the AFL..

Tried to code it for Metastock and tried to smooth it with Moving Avg.

Chart attached.
Theory attached ( AFL is inside).
Metastock indicator code is attached. ( Coloring is not in MS ).

Hoping anybody can make it better for MS and Amibroker.

Regards,..
Darsh

Attachments

kkseal

I am not as experienced as you are. Nor have I been in the market as long as you have been. Are you suggesting that there may be a "test" of the panic bottom of Rs. 78/- made on 22/01/2008 or are you seeing a possibility of going down even below Rs. 78/-? Anyway, the view suggested by you is also quite possible. Got the point on statutory warning. I was extremely reluctant to post some one else's chart and make comments upon. But as I said in my earlier post, Asish asked for an explanation and at that point of time I could think of this chart only. That is why I have been apologising to the member whose chart I have posted here. To be fair to everyone including pointing out of my own mistakes, that may be there in my analysis, I asked for different views on that chart looking only on daily chart with no indicators as the member has done. I am glad that you have expressed your views. That is the only way many of us including me can learn. Analysing charts on real time and comparing it with our views as and when chart develops. Having some comments on historical chart without looking forward, IMO, does not and will not serve great purpose.

Yes. You have quite correctly pointed out a peculiar feature of that stock. Having history of long sideways consolidation with sharp breakout in either direction. That was missed by me. Only an experienced trader can see such finer points.
Thanks and regards
R. S. Iyer
It's ok man Doesn't matter who's right & who's wrong Ultimately only the mkt is right :) But we can always learn from each others views, opinions, thinking. That's what a discussion board is all about.

BTW, i'm probably less experienced than you are. Saint, CV, Asishda & many others are way ahead.

Regards,
Kalyan.